No announcement yet.

Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious doesn't miss put backs and bunnies and easy layups anymore. That was his big weakness earlier in the season. Dude is also straight up confident now. He was taking it too Embiid on offense and making him look silly. We got a good one.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

They didn't 'take whatever they could get for Lowry' -- that's bunk.

Masai has been watching Precious since he was a teenager and is well aware of the potential there, probably better than most anybody.

Just cause you (we) couldn't evaluate the possibilities -- don't for a second think that Masai & Bobby didn't have an idea of what was achievable.

Masai said "you're mine now." -- not "You were the best we could get."

gtfoh

Next thing you'll be saying Masai and Bobby just randomly guessed when they drafted Scottie but it was "all credit" to Nick who made him great.

By all means, celebrate Nurse. He deserves it.

But Masai and Bobby do every bit as much, as well.
      Nah it’s not bunk and it totally made sense at that time…Masai and Bobby just had no leverage at all.

Masai and Bobby traded their priced diamond to Pat Riley for a sole carbon….brought this carbon to the lab of Mr. Nick “the mad scientist” Nurse, then told him to do the best that he can to make this a lab grown diamond so Mad Scientist Nicky subjected this carbon under high pressure and under high temperature in a controlled lab environment….fast forward to know, we can already see the glitter.

that’s the simplest way to explain it

so gtfoh….But I’m giving All credit to Nick Nurse

Scottie however is no carbon, he is already a diamond needing refinement for a nice engagement ring
      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Apr 26, 2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Nah it’s not bunk and it totally made sense at that time…Masai and Bobby just had no leverage at all.

Masai and Bobby traded their priced diamond to Pat Riley for a sole carbon….brought this carbon to the lab of Mr. Nick “the mad scientist” Nurse, then told him to do the best that he can to make this a lab grown diamond so Mad Scientist Nicky subjected this carbon under high pressure and under high temperature in a controlled lab environment….fast forward to know, we can already see the glitter.

Scottie however is no carbon, he is already a diamond needing refinement for a nice engagement ring
        The Claw Rewrong. Again.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Goldblum is 100% correct. There was a lot of media comment after it was revealed that Precious was a Giants of Africa Alum. And you don't mine diamonds by turning carbon into precious stones. You dig up the ore and remove the unneeded parts to reveal the gem. True, it is cut and shaped afterward, but all the cutting and shaping in the world doesn't turn carbon into diamond. It has to be found.

Comment

• I'm going to give credit to Precious.

No, seriously, he was playing well at the start of the season, but was missing bunnies all over the place, and getting mad at himself. You can tell his attitude has changed... he still needs the game to slow down for him and play a bit smarter, but that will come as he plays more.

Comment

• I think there is plenty enough credit to go around no? Precious obviously put in the work, Masai obviously targeted him for a while, Nurse has been great developing guys for that leap and rather directly had the most obvious role this season with the mid-season bench demotion seeming to lead directly to the rather dramatic shift in Precious' playstyle and confidence throughout the season.

We don't need to fight over who to give credit to, this leap is amazing and takes everyone involved.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I think there is plenty enough credit to go around no? Precious obviously put in the work, Masai obviously targeted him for a while, Nurse has been great developing guys for that leap and rather directly had the most obvious role this season with the mid-season bench demotion seeming to lead directly to the rather dramatic shift in Precious' playstyle and confidence throughout the season.

We don't need to fight over who to give credit to, this leap is amazing and takes everyone involved.
                  Are you trying to tell me Nurse is developing our young players?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

The Claw Rewrong. Again.
                    Lol

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I think there is plenty enough credit to go around no? Precious obviously put in the work, Masai obviously targeted him for a while, Nurse has been great developing guys for that leap and rather directly had the most obvious role this season with the mid-season bench demotion seeming to lead directly to the rather dramatic shift in Precious' playstyle and confidence throughout the season.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Goldblum is 100% correct. There was a lot of media comment after it was revealed that Precious was a Giants of Africa Alum. And you don't mine diamonds by turning carbon into precious stones. You dig up the ore and remove the unneeded parts to reveal the gem. True, it is cut and shaped afterward, but all the cutting and shaping in the world doesn't turn carbon into diamond. It has to be found.
                        Lab grown diamonds (also known as lab created diamonds, man made diamonds, engineered diamonds, and cultured diamonds) are grown in highly controlled laboratory environments using advanced technological processes that duplicate the conditions under which diamonds naturally develop when they form in the mantle, beneath the Earth’s crust. These lab created diamonds consist of actual carbon atoms arranged in the characteristic diamond crystal structure. Since they are made of the same material as natural diamonds, they exhibit the same optical and chemical properties.
                        my name is Precious and I was created inside Nick Nurse the Mad Scientist lab

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Are you trying to tell me Nurse is developing our young players?
                          As much as Nurse has been criticized by some for over playing veterans long minutes at the expense of youth development, does anyone think we make the post season (at least in 5th) if we played Flynn for 10 of Fred's minutes or anyone for 10 in place of Pascal?

Even at that, you can't make that argument without acknowledging the strides that each of Scottie (obviously), Achiuwa (major) and OG (limited) have made. I'd like to know more of what we have in Flynn and Svi for instance but what can you do?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

As much as Nurse has been criticized by some for over playing veterans long minutes at the expense of youth development, does anyone think we make the post season (at least in 5th) if we played Flynn for 10 of Fred's minutes or anyone for 10 in place of Pascal?

Even at that, you can't make that argument without acknowledging the strides that each of Scottie (obviously), Achiuwa (major) and OG (limited) have made. I'd like to know more of what we have in Flynn and Svi for instance but what can you do?
                            Maybe Nurse ran Fred into the ground on purpose... so he wouldn't have the awkward situation of having to bench him in the playoffs to unlock Scottie at PG and the 6'9"s. That's 6D chess right there.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Maybe Nurse ran Fred into the ground on purpose... so he wouldn't have the awkward situation of having to bench him in the playoffs to unlock Scottie at PG and the 6'9"s. That's 6D chess right there.
                              Playing jazz in the mosh pit

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I like Flynn, but if there is one thing that really stands out between him and the guys that got minutes this season is his lack of physicality. Every guy from Fred to Precious are uber physical defenders. Even Boucher is punching above his weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X