Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    His progression throughout the season was a sight to behold. Really excited for him to come in as the starting C next season. He's gonna average a double double while hitting 3s at nearly 40% clip and playing great defense.
    I'd lay early money on MIP. His raw numbers were quite low this year especially from early struggles, and he should get great opportunity.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Precious hitting 40% would do wonders for this team, especially if it's at decent volume.
      The volume is the key. If he's taking 4 or 5 a game and hitting even 35% that's a win for the halfcourt offence.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

The volume is the key. If he's taking 4 or 5 a game and hitting even 35% that's a win for the halfcourt offence.
        Absolutely, he has to be taking at least that many, and if he's at 40%, it's likely they try to add a couple more attempts for him. If Precious, Pascal, scottie and boucher can increase their collective 3pt %, that would be the shooting boost this team needs. Realistically, Precious and scottie might be the only 2 that can improve from that group and an improvement from both would make a huge difference. I wouldn't bet against pascal, boucher might be what he's always been.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Absolutely, he has to be taking at least that many, and if he's at 40%, it's likely they try to add a couple more attempts for him. If Precious, Pascal, scottie and boucher can increase their collective 3pt %, that would be the shooting boost this team needs. Realistically, Precious and scottie might be the only 2 that can improve from that group and an improvement from both would make a huge difference. I wouldn't bet against pascal, boucher might be what he's always been.
          If Fred can stay healthy, whether from increased use of the midrange limiting body blows, or lower minutes, his 3 pt shooting % goes up enough to make a difference. His hip and knee issues destroyed his long-range shooting. If he can resist driving to the bucket for failed layup attempts it wouldn't hurt either since single coverage from rim protectors lead to a lot of blocks with him.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

If Fred can stay healthy, whether from increased use of the midrange limiting body blows, or lower minutes, his 3 pt shooting % goes up enough to make a difference. His hip and knee issues destroyed his long-range shooting. If he can resist driving to the bucket for failed layup attempts it wouldn't hurt either since single coverage from rim protectors lead to a lot of blocks with him.
            I think the minutes load and subsequent injuries ruined Fred's season. I thought he was doing really well early on in the season as a ball handler and driver, even showed some improvement as a playmaker I thought. But his legs couldn't keep up with the demand and he never really recovered from the late injury, and he didn't show so well down the stretch. If he gets back to early season form and can maintain that into the playoffs next season, that will also be a huge boost to this team.

Comment

• Precious the #3 C in on ball defense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/The_BBall...EEnSYoC8g&s=19

Comment

• High praise from Nurse on Precious in some radio interview he did out in Europe:

I liked Precious even when he couldn't get a layup. There was something solid about him defensively that I just enjoyed watching. He has this ability to just bottle up a lot of guys. OG like, but he has more coordination on the offensive side (at least athletically). And we saw how much he improved since January. If Nurse sees something more.. that's scary.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  High praise from Nurse on Precious in some radio interview he did out in Europe:

I liked Precious even when he couldn't get a layup. There was something solid about him defensively that I just enjoyed watching. He has this ability to just bottle up a lot of guys. OG like, but he has more coordination on the offensive side (at least athletically). And we saw how much he improved since January. If Nurse sees something more.. that's scary.
                  Precious starting confirmed.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    High praise from Nurse on Precious in some radio interview he did out in Europe:

Confirmed..
                    Gary and OG..Traded for KD..lol
                    This tells me, if they don't get traded..
                    Gary Trent Jr will be relegated 2 bench, I'm so ok with that, sixth man.
                    Gary is a ball hogg, best way have the ball is starters rest and u go 2 work.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• “Wait till this year because every time I see him this summer on the court, it’s total focus, total intensity,” Nurse said.“I mean, something happened to him where he now understands what playing in the NBA is about, and he is on a mission.

Has precious outgrown being an undersized 5? The logjam for versatile combo forwards is getting to the point where something might need to break.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        “Wait till this year because every time I see him this summer on the court, it’s total focus, total intensity,” Nurse said.“I mean, something happened to him where he now understands what playing in the NBA is about, and he is on a mission.
                        Damn. And people wanted to trade him for scrubs last year.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

People are gonna look back years from now and say Masai fleeced Miami in the Lowry trade.

I think that's already the case because they had the cap space and didn't even need to do the S&T. They clearly just didn't know what they had in Precious.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

People are gonna look back years from now and say Masai fleeced Miami in the Lowry trade.

I think that's already the case because they had the cap space and didn't even need to do the S&T. They clearly just didn't know what they had in Precious.
                            No one knew what Precious could do. The Heat barely played him, then he came to the Raptors where he got more freedom but didn't know what to do with it and started figuring it out as the season went on.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Yep.

The Great One wrote: View Post
                              I completely changed my opinion on Poeltl. I think it was DanH who suggested Precious + 1st + Dragic + Flynn I think? I can't remember. The slight changes that I would make is I would protect the 1st(1-10).

Let's go! I'm all in on Poeltl.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep.
                                I don't really know what you're trying to prove here? Poeltl's a scrub? I still would trade him for Poeltl. Poeltl's one of the best C's in the league last year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X