Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I wanted to bring it up because my qualitative observations of the lineup re: player fit and role and play style were carried out by the numbers for the entirety of last season and nothing has happened yet this season to contradict that, and wanted to establish a baseline to track the trend against as the sample builds, because I am confident based on said qualitative observations that the sample will hold up with time.
    So in the most simplest terms…you are basically rooting for Trent to fail…in the end would validate you and your most loyal cult follower theory. LOL.

let’s move on

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Gary most certainly is on board with defence, but he's just not going to give you what the other starters give you. Going to be interesting to see if the Raps commit to Trent or not.
      There's always be a few outlier, but as long as Gary compensates for his shortcomings on the other end of the floor , then he should be fine.
      it would be extremely hard for a team to get all the pieces that they wanted.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
        Hopefully a big part of the future of this team! I’m excited to see what this guy can do for us as a mobile defender with a developing offensive game. Can he work out a functional 3 point shot? Does he start for us?
        Just wanted to give Maury his due. You were right to be excited Maury. The only question left is "Does he start for us?" Check in with Dan H. :-)

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

So in the most simplest terms…you are basically rooting for Trent to fail…in the end would validate you and your most loyal cult follower theory. LOL.

let’s move on
          I am rooting for Trent to exceed expectations. I root for the team, I want them to win more, not sure what's confusing about that.

But these are my expectations. It also has nothing to do with him failing or succeeding, it has to do with his fit with that unit as a starting group, which is just not very good (great as a closing look though). If they find a way to overcome that, awesome. I just don't expect it to happen.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I am rooting for Trent to exceed expectations. I root for the team, I want them to win more, not sure what's confusing about that.

But these are my expectations. It also has nothing to do with him failing or succeeding, it has to do with his fit with that unit as a starting group, which is just not very good (great as a closing look though). If they find a way to overcome that, awesome. I just don't expect it to happen.
            Let’s be honest here…Nick Nurse is not changing his starting rotation soon. The only way you validate your stance is for Trent to fail and basically shoving into this coach throat that you were so right all along. We can move on because you are not fooling me with some of your goodie two shoes performance in the game thread about Trent. He had a great game and on to the next one, waiting for him to crash land so you can once again reinsert your campaign that he has to be coming off the bench and Precious to start.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Let’s be honest here…Nick Nurse is not changing his starting rotation soon. The only way you validate your stance is for Trent to fail and basically shoving into this coach throat that you were so right all along. We can move on because you are not fooling me with some of your goodie two shoes performance in the game thread about Trent. He had a great game and on to the next one, waiting for him to crash land so you can once again reinsert your campaign that he has to be coming off the bench and Precious to start.
              I mean, unless those lineups end up dramatically more successful than they have been, Nick should arrive at the conclusion to make a switch eventually. So it's not really failure from Trent or anyone else that would drive that, just no giant leaps of dramatic success. My order of priorities: 1) giant leaps of dramatic success for my favourite team, and then 2) my favourite team realizing they have better options to create their own success without needing to rely on said giant leaps that are so rare.

Gary had a great shooting performance and played very much the way I want him to play, and I wanted to point that out because it was great! It didn't change the fact that the starters got CAVED which I didn't even bother to bring up, nor that he is perfectly capable of having performances like that off the bench, which would be far more helpful to the team than him having performances like that and still playing in lineups that lose their minutes.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I mean, unless those lineups end up dramatically more successful than they have been, Nick should arrive at the conclusion to make a switch eventually. So it's not really failure from Trent or anyone else that would drive that, just no giant leaps of dramatic success. My order of priorities: 1) giant leaps of dramatic success for my favourite team, and then 2) my favourite team realizing they have better options to create their own success without needing to rely on said giant leaps that are so rare.

Gary had a great shooting performance and played very much the way I want him to play, and I wanted to point that out because it was great! It didn't change the fact that the starters got CAVED which I didn't even bother to bring up, nor that he is perfectly capable of having performances like that off the bench, which would be far more helpful to the team than him having performances like that and still playing in lineups that lose their minutes.
                Holy Cow…I have no doubt that you think of yourself having basketball knowledge that is above the rest, even implying that Nick Nurse should reconsider lol. But for once, try to bring down yourself to the level of the masses so you can see what is going on in reality.

This is you: the only way theory will work is for the Raptors to lose a significant number of games PRIMARILY CAUSED by Gary Trent failure to fit with the rest of the starters.

This is Nick Nurse: that is when I will change course

Simplistic terms

Comment

I asked in the other thread and as you've pointed out, it's not a small sample size.
                  So why do you think a top 5 professional NBA Coach with a top NBA Management team in Bobby and Masai (not to mention 10 other Coaches on his staff) hasn't come to the conclusion that you think is so obvious?

Are they just stubborn? Oblivious? Incompetant?
                  Or do they know more than most forum posters?
                  Are there any other examples or wilful dereliction of duty?

I'm actually curious.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I asked in the other thread and as you've pointed out, it's not a small sample size.
                    So why do you think a top 5 professional NBA Coach with a top NBA Management team in Bobby and Masai (not to mention 10 other Coaches on his staff) hasn't come to the conclusion that you think is so obvious?

Are they just stubborn? Oblivious? Incompetant?
                    Or do they know more than most forum posters?
                    Are there any other examples or wilful dereliction of duty?

I'm actually curious.
                    Obviously he has his reasons. They might be good ones. They might be bad ones. The very best NBA coaches still do things wrong sometimes - quite possibly even intentionally and for good reason. All I can comment on is on-court success, which is only one of many factors I'm sure Nick et al are considering. And that's why I'm not exactly out for Nick's head here, I'm rarely saying Nick is making a mistake, just that I wish they would start the right players instead of the wrong ones because all I get to experience is the on-court product.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Obviously he has his reasons. They might be good ones. They might be bad ones. The very best NBA coaches still do things wrong sometimes - quite possibly even intentionally and for good reason. All I can comment on is on-court success, which is only one of many factors I'm sure Nick et al are considering. And that's why I'm not exactly out for Nick's head here, I'm rarely saying Nick is making a mistake, just that I wish they would start the right players instead of the wrong ones because all I get to experience is the on-court product.
                      I would suggest that it appears that you are making decisions based on all the data you have access to and Nick/Masai/Bobby and the very large coaching staff have a lot more data to access (his reasons). Cheers.

Comment

I would suggest that it appears that you are making decisions based on all the data you have access to and Nick/Masai/Bobby and the very large coaching staff have a lot more data to access (his reasons). Cheers.
                        I mean, I agree! I've been saying this.

But the data I have access to is also the product I get to enjoy as a fan. So ultimately is kind of all I care about in this context. Me want to see dino team win. I can see when they don't. And I'll keep pointing out when they don't, and why I think that might be.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I mean, I agree! I've been saying this.

But the data I have access to is also the product I get to enjoy as a fan. So ultimately is kind of all I care about in this context. Me want to see dino team win. I can see when they don't. And I'll keep pointing out when they don't, and why I think that might be.
                          To be fair, you just (finally) pointed out that Nick might know better or have different reasons rather (plus access to 100X the data that we do) than the last hundred times saying that you knew better based on the fan test and limited data, period

It's all good.

Comment

To be fair, you just (finally) pointed out that Nick might know better or have different reasons rather (plus access to 100X the data that we do) than the last hundred times saying that you knew better based on the fan test and limited data, period

It's all good.
                            I mean, I feel like I brought up this stuff last year too, and in years past. Do I need to put a disclaimer on every post? There's a certain assumption posting on a fan board that obviously the team itself will have more information than we do. I don't understand the need to rehash this every single year.

I absolutely 100% think they should be playing the lineups that help them win on the court the most. That's the job. And frankly, winning cures basically everything and keeps everyone happy. In any case, I'll keep pointing out when they are not doing so, since the play on the court and them winning is my primary concern as a fan of the team, even if there might be reasons they are not doing it.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• It’s also possible that Nick sees more developmental opportunities for Precious with the second group. Precious would be a distant 5th option with the starters. With the bench he gets to spread his wings a bit.

Gary will get his with any lineup he’s in.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                It’s also possible that Nick sees more developmental opportunities for Precious with the second group. Precious would be a distant 5th option with the starters. With the bench he gets to spread his wings a bit.

Gary will get his with any lineup he’s in.
                                I just think Nick see's a bad fit with having 3 "bigs" on the floor at the same time. Just too cramped around the basket for Pascal to freely do his thing. When Gary is there the threat of having another shooter on the floor helps spread out the D for Siakam and Barnes to operate in the paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X