Everything Precious Achiuwa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I just think Nick see's a bad fit with having 3 "bigs" on the floor at the same time. Just too cramped around the basket for Pascal to freely do his thing. When Gary is there the threat of having another shooter on the floor helps spread out the D for Siakam and Barnes to operate in the paint.
    It's been only 5 games, but Pascal has a net rating of -2.8 with Gary and +21.1 with Precious.

Last season, it was closer.. with Gary +4.7 and with Precious +4.2.

Boucher is his favourite teammate though. +9.9 last year, and +33.3 this year (in only 2 games).

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds after 25+ games.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It's been only 5 games, but Pascal has a net rating of -2.8 with Gary and +21.1 with Precious.

Last season, it was closer.. with Gary +4.7 and with Precious +4.2.

Boucher is his favourite teammate though. +9.9 last year, and +33.3 this year (in only 2 games).

Will be interesting to see how it unfolds after 25+ games.
      Just 5 games this season, but all of last season as well. He wants Gary's ability to spread the floor so Siakam/Barnes can work in the midrange and that's been part of the plan since last season. Nurse has said on two different interviews (at least), that it is a point of emphasis for them to put more pressure at the front of the rim this season. They need shooters to unclog the paint so Siakam and Barnes can do that.

I honestly don't care if they trade Gary, but I'd rather see them upgrade that spot with another shooter than fill it with a big that mucks up the middle.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I mean, I feel like I brought up this stuff last year too, and in years past. Do I need to put a disclaimer on every post? There's a certain assumption posting on a fan board that obviously the team itself will have more information than we do. I don't understand the need to rehash this every single year.

I absolutely 100% think they should be playing the lineups that help them win on the court the most. That's the job. And frankly, winning cures basically everything and keeps everyone happy. In any case, I'll keep pointing out when they are not doing so, since the play on the court and them winning is my primary concern as a fan of the team, even if there might be reasons they are not doing it.
        This has gone down a series of rabbit holes. The whole thing started with the fact that you mention the same opinion far too often (Precious should start, Gary would be better on the bench, Nurse is making a mistake, we get it) and work it into comments even when it's off topic.

In the spirit of recent elections, be more than a one issue candidate. jmo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

This has gone down a series of rabbit holes. The whole thing started with the fact that you mention the same opinion far too often (Precious should start, Gary would be better on the bench, Nurse is making a mistake, we get it) and work it into comments even when it's off topic.

In the spirit of recent elections, be more than a one issue candidate. jmo
          Fair enough! When I stumble across another issue that remains from a large sample last season, and is continuing into this one, and is so easily remedied and would have such a large impact on our success, I'll work that in too.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fair enough! When I stumble across another issue that remains from a large sample last season, and is continuing into this one, and is so easily remedied and would have such a large impact on our success, I'll work that in too.
            LOL every one-issue candidate doesn't think there are other issues, that's the very definition
            I really wish you'd ask Nick/Masai/Bobby why they aren't persuing such an obvious easy fix that would have such a large impact on winning....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

LOL every one-issue candidate doesn't think there are other issues, that's the very definition
              I really wish you'd ask Nick/Masai/Bobby why they aren't persuing such an obvious easy fix that would have such a large impact on winning....
              Nick's already answered it, he wants his 5 best players to start. Of course, public answers are BS anyway, so the value in that would be limited in any case.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nick's already answered it, he wants his 5 best players to start. Of course, public answers are BS anyway, so the value in that would be limited in any case.
                OK the 5 best players aren't necessarily the best lineup. Case closed .... for now

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Crap, I didn't think it looked that serious.

Pascal out
                    Achiuwa out
                    Freddy just back
                    Scotty semi-hobbled

And it's early.

Comment

• That really sucks. He wasn't having a good season but he was always important for our bench. Glad we have a Koloko but this likely means more minutes for Thad, Otto, Chris and maybe even Banton.

A quick google search and this apparently is a grade 2 ankle sprain (partial tear).. recovery time is 3-6 weeks. So we likely won't see him again until around Christmas.

Comment

That really sucks. He wasn't having a good season but he was always important for our bench. Glad we have a Koloko but this likely means more minutes for Thad, Otto, Chris and maybe even Banton.

A quick google search and this apparently is a grade 2 ankle sprain (partial tear).. recovery time is 3-6 weeks. So we likely won't see him again until around Christmas.
                        OG has been uncharacteristically durable…. so far. He’s playing so hard this year that I’m surprised he hasn’t missed a game yet.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

OG has been uncharacteristically durable…. so far. He’s playing so hard this year that I’m surprised he hasn’t missed a game yet.
                          Last year the first time he got hurt was after game 15.. we've played 12 so far. Knock on wood that he remains healthy.

But yeah I hold my breath every time he falls to the ground.. which is feels like at least 5 or 6 times a game.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            No more pep talks, Nick. Can’t afford to lose any more players. Lol.

Comment

That really sucks. He wasn't having a good season but he was always important for our bench. Glad we have a Koloko but this likely means more minutes for Thad, Otto, Chris and maybe even Banton.

Damn. Watching how mad he was last night when he was on the bench I had a bad feeling that it would be worse than even this.

It might be a blessing in disguise. He can watch the games and maybe gain a different perspective and come back like a house on fire but with a slightly different approach. Boucher has been in that spot and used the time away wisely.

Comment

• Wonder who's the guy who is going to get more minutes with him being out a couple weeks... Koloko, Boucher, Porter, Thad?

Comment

Working...
                                X