X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Does Masai have a fetish on raw, really dumb players? why are there so many low IQ players on this team? Precious last night was embarassing. Don't get me started about Boucher, Trent, and Koloko. OG and Pascal are not the smartest players either.

What are we doing here? I should've known this when he drafted Bruno Caboclo. The ultimate raw, dumb player.
    I think this team is still figuring things out. But yeah, our bench is really thin. I think it's kind of like 2017, when they turned Terrence Ross, a 1st round pick, Jarred Sullinger and a couple second round picks in PJ Tucker and Serge Ibaka before the trade deadline. This was awesome, and I expect a trade like this coming in the next couple months.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Does Masai have a fetish on raw, really dumb players? why are there so many low IQ players on this team? Precious last night was embarassing. Don't get me started about Boucher, Trent, and Koloko. OG and Pascal are not the smartest players either.

What are we doing here? I should've known this when he drafted Bruno Caboclo. The ultimate raw, dumb player.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Same here. Precious is just uber athletic that's why he can be good on D.
    Problem is athleticism fades but one's wisdom carries on, you know, basketball IQ which he is lacking.
    My take on Precious, his physical body and athleticism is way far ahead of his basketball awareness. If he can connect both, that would make him a solid and consistent player.

Just these injuries. Last season he only played 55 games. Now only on his 4th game, he is out again. He also missed a couple of preseason games. Hopefully this groin issue won’t be something nagging that would plagued him in and out of the rotation. It is very unfortunate team wise especially with Koloko also out.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm not as high on Precious as most are. Really good defender, like maybe an OG level defender, but the offense is just so far away.
    Same here. Precious is just uber athletic that's why he can be good on D.
    Problem is athleticism fades but one's wisdom carries on, you know, basketball IQ which he is lacking.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Aside from OG, the durability of Precious is a concern

these stupid minor injuries and now his groin could slow down his growth as a player.

so unlucky.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I would have liked to have him extended but for exactly the reason Precious would have preferred to wait. His stock is likely pretty low right now, so it's all upside this year - if the offence takes a leap at some point, could get a nice offer sheet. If not, Raps should be able to hold onto him pretty cheap.

Meh. One more uncertainty for next summer, but this one comes with RFA control so hard to complain. And contract year motivation is always nice.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I'm not as high on Precious as most are. Really good defender, like maybe an OG level defender, but the offense is just so far away.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Would be nice to get Precious inked while he's still just emerging from his struggles. Need to keep some of these guys on value contracts. Flynn I think you keep his optionality as an expiring contract (even if he's looking like an ok backup point guard prospect).

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    Seeing these extensions going around, I tought, wouldn't be time for the Raps to sign Precious to a new contract?
    Monday is the deadline for rookie-scale extensions for Malachi Flynn and Precious Achiuwa. If they are not extended on Monday, they will be restricted free agents next summer. (It’s possible Flynn becomes unrestricted, as his $5.8-million qualifying offer could be too large depending on how his season goes. Achiuwa’s $6.3-million qualifying offer is more reasonable, given where he is in his development right now.) The Raptors would probably prefer to lock Achiuwa up to a reasonable deal now, but it can safely be revisited in July.

Trent, Pascal Siakam, and Anunoby are also extension-eligible. Those extensions can be done during the season, so there is no Monday urgency in their cases. (Anunoby would technically have to decline his 2024-25 player option to sign an extension once the season starts. Just a technicality, as he’d be doing that in most scenarios, anyway.)

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied
    Seeing these extensions going around, I tought, wouldn't be time for the Raps to sign Precious to a new contract?

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

Everything in that video is him facing up and self-creating. He shows some upside there, but that’s not his role with this team at this time.
    You/we might be surprised. He needs to (be able to) shoot, and he needs to attack close outs and be able to make drop off passes, rebound/defend, and save the Precious-magic for the open court. I think that's about it, needs to be kept simple for him - but he needs to be able to play on the perimeter or he probably won't play at all.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Missed this one earlier in the offseason

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/-9JbrEIEPfk
    Everything in that video is him facing up and self-creating. He shows some upside there, but that’s not his role with this team at this time.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Missed this one earlier in the offseason

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/-9JbrEIEPfk

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Precious is talented but he lacks focus amd consistency.
    He can easily be distracted, seems like mental softness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X