Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    For the we need a center crowd, who you targeting that does a better job than Precious?

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

But in this case, they are obviously correct. Precious and Gary will be fighting it out for most improved player.
    Scottie is taking your message personally.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Everyone was down on Precious and his lack of finishing ability at the beginning of the season. I kept putting him in the starting lineups in my game threads, because I thought he was the best 5 we had, and he needed the playing time. Yes, he wasn't finishing (Fred's lob passes were horrible btw), but he was playing well outside of that. It's funny how fairweather guys can be on RR.

I think we still have to be patient with him, he's still going to have growing pains going forward. This is only his second year getting serious, meaningful playing time. He has all the skills though.
    I think we still have to be patient with him, he's still going to have growing pains going forward. This is only his second year getting serious, meaningful playing time. He has all the skills though.[/QUOTE]

Too late! Precious is the guy this year that everyone is putting their high hopes on. RR goes through this every year or so, when some new player is going to turn from a caterpillar into a butterfly. But in this case, they are obviously correct. Precious and Gary will be fighting it out for most improved player.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yeah, Precious making a leap is fantastic. But no one was throwing the only return from the Lowry SnT away, the proposals were trying to add an established starting quality C.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

You've been in this forum long enough so you know the people that constantly makes dumb trade ideas. They know who they are lol.
    Man we're only ragging on you because you brought it up.

I seriously do not recall a single trade proposal of Precious for a scrub, and it seems like you can't either now that we pressed you on it.

I like Precious more than Poeltl and Turner, but neither of those guys are scrubs.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

So basically people mentioned Jakob and Turner... neither of whom are scrubs. Who are you calling out then?

And you would still trade Precious for Jakob, today? I wouldn't.
    You've been in this forum long enough so you know the people that constantly makes dumb trade ideas. They know who they are lol.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

I'm not like golden, i'm not going to waste my time searching for old posts but I remember so many random Precious trade idea here last year. I'm going to mention Myles Turner, a lot of people here wanted to trade Precious+++ for him last year. Now, Turner's not a scrub but i've never been a fan. I don't think he's anything special + he's injury prone. A lot of people laughed when I said i wouldn't trade Precious for Turner. Would anyone here still trade Precious for Turner?
    So basically people mentioned Jakob and Turner... neither of whom are scrubs. Who are you calling out then?

And you would still trade Precious for Jakob, today? I wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Everyone was down on Precious and his lack of finishing ability at the beginning of the season. I kept putting him in the starting lineups in my game threads, because I thought he was the best 5 we had, and he needed the playing time. Yes, he wasn't finishing (Fred's lob passes were horrible btw), but he was playing well outside of that. It's funny how fairweather guys can be on RR.

I think we still have to be patient with him, he's still going to have growing pains going forward. This is only his second year getting serious, meaningful playing time. He has all the skills though.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

What scrubs were you talking about then?

I remember people saying to trade him for Poeltl, don't remember anyone else.
    I'm not like golden, i'm not going to waste my time searching for old posts but I remember so many random Precious trade idea here last year. I'm going to mention Myles Turner, a lot of people here wanted to trade Precious+++ for him last year. Now, Turner's not a scrub but i've never been a fan. I don't think he's anything special + he's injury prone. A lot of people laughed when I said i wouldn't trade Precious for Turner. Would anyone here still trade Precious for Turner?

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

I don't really know what you're trying to prove here? Poeltl's a scrub? I still would trade him for Poeltl. Poeltl's one of the best C's in the league last year.
    What scrubs were you talking about then?

I remember people saying to trade him for Poeltl, don't remember anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yep.
    I don't really know what you're trying to prove here? Poeltl's a scrub? I still would trade him for Poeltl. Poeltl's one of the best C's in the league last year.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Damn. And people wanted to trade him for scrubs last year.
    Yep.

I completely changed my opinion on Poeltl. I think it was DanH who suggested Precious + 1st + Dragic + Flynn I think? I can't remember. The slight changes that I would make is I would protect the 1st(1-10).

Let's go! I'm all in on Poeltl.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

People are gonna look back years from now and say Masai fleeced Miami in the Lowry trade.

I think that's already the case because they had the cap space and didn't even need to do the S&T. They clearly just didn't know what they had in Precious.
    No one knew what Precious could do. The Heat barely played him, then he came to the Raptors where he got more freedom but didn't know what to do with it and started figuring it out as the season went on.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

People are gonna look back years from now and say Masai fleeced Miami in the Lowry trade.

I think that's already the case because they had the cap space and didn't even need to do the S&T. They clearly just didn't know what they had in Precious.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    “Wait till this year because every time I see him this summer on the court, it’s total focus, total intensity,” Nurse said.“I mean, something happened to him where he now understands what playing in the NBA is about, and he is on a mission.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X