• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    What a season by Precious…trajectory is on the right track
    I was a doubter, but he turned me around.
    Future is bright.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    What a season by Precious…trajectory is on the right track

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Nurse broke into Fred's room one night and broke his hip flexor. Lol
    Or had his wife do it making baby Fred Jr the 2nd

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Maybe Nurse ran Fred into the ground on purpose... so he wouldn't have the awkward situation of having to bench him in the playoffs to unlock Scottie at PG and the 6'9"s. That's 6D chess right there.
    Nurse broke into Fred's room one night and broke his hip flexor. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I suspect they'd keep both GTJ and Fred, and then if they have to trade one or the other, do that a year or two after re-signing them.
    ideally yes but in all likelyhood but we just don't know what crazy GM will be out there that is willing to back that money truck up to their driveway in order to get one of them in a price that wouldn't make sense. Again it GTJ could conceivably elevate his game even more next season there would be a bidding war for his services.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    I suspect they'd keep both GTJ and Fred, and then if they have to trade one or the other, do that a year or two after re-signing them.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I think the Raps could conceivable keep Gary and FVV... having Scottie and Precious on rookie deals helps spread that money around.

As for Flynn, I like the kid, but I don't think he has a future here... but I can see him doing well on another team... for hi to be an asset in a trade he needs to be showcased, not sure that's going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Maybe Nurse ran Fred into the ground on purpose... so he wouldn't have the awkward situation of having to bench him in the playoffs to unlock Scottie at PG and the 6'9"s. That's 6D chess right there.
    I am sure that play is in Masai's cards as well. In the summer of 2023 both FVV and GTJ will become free agents and both would want sizeable pay-raise contracts. In situations like this its more conceivable that the Raptors might lose one and not be able to sign both in which case if FVV happens to be that player that stays and GTJ isn't (not saying that would be the case) than FVV will naturally be placed at the 2 spot, if Barnes ascension to the PG role proves to be more then fruitful.

It would also helps to alleviate the situation if the Raptors can manage to also have a solid back up PG and SG that can step in the starting lineup without hurting it next season.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

That said, he really put in some solid minutes checking Harden and Maxey. Stayed in front of them and really took away their line drives to the net.

I'm certainly more prepared to give him some development time than I had been previously.
    (I'm not sure whether I actually have that kind of authority.)
    Maybe if RR votes as a block ....

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

I like Flynn, but if there is one thing that really stands out between him and the guys that got minutes this season is his lack of physicality. Every guy from Fred to Precious are uber physical defenders. Even Boucher is punching above his weight.
    That said, he really put in some solid minutes checking Harden and Maxey. Stayed in front of them and really took away their line drives to the net.

I'm certainly more prepared to give him some development time than I had been previously.
    (I'm not sure whether I actually have that kind of authority.)

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

As much as Nurse has been criticized by some for over playing veterans long minutes at the expense of youth development, does anyone think we make the post season (at least in 5th) if we played Flynn for 10 of Fred's minutes or anyone for 10 in place of Pascal?

Even at that, you can't make that argument without acknowledging the strides that each of Scottie (obviously), Achiuwa (major) and OG (limited) have made. I'd like to know more of what we have in Flynn and Svi for instance but what can you do?
    I like Flynn, but if there is one thing that really stands out between him and the guys that got minutes this season is his lack of physicality. Every guy from Fred to Precious are uber physical defenders. Even Boucher is punching above his weight.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Playing jazz in the mosh pit

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

As much as Nurse has been criticized by some for over playing veterans long minutes at the expense of youth development, does anyone think we make the post season (at least in 5th) if we played Flynn for 10 of Fred's minutes or anyone for 10 in place of Pascal?

Even at that, you can't make that argument without acknowledging the strides that each of Scottie (obviously), Achiuwa (major) and OG (limited) have made. I'd like to know more of what we have in Flynn and Svi for instance but what can you do?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Are you trying to tell me Nurse is developing our young players?

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Goldblum is 100% correct. There was a lot of media comment after it was revealed that Precious was a Giants of Africa Alum. And you don't mine diamonds by turning carbon into precious stones. You dig up the ore and remove the unneeded parts to reveal the gem. True, it is cut and shaped afterward, but all the cutting and shaping in the world doesn't turn carbon into diamond. It has to be found.
    Lab grown diamonds (also known as lab created diamonds, man made diamonds, engineered diamonds, and cultured diamonds) are grown in highly controlled laboratory environments using advanced technological processes that duplicate the conditions under which diamonds naturally develop when they form in the mantle, beneath the Earth’s crust. These lab created diamonds consist of actual carbon atoms arranged in the characteristic diamond crystal structure. Since they are made of the same material as natural diamonds, they exhibit the same optical and chemical properties.
    my name is Precious and I was created inside Nick Nurse the Mad Scientist lab

Leave a comment:

Working...
X