Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle
    replied
    Does this guy have a nickname? Just catching up and watching the first preseason game now. What fun. Our bench mob is gonna be terrifying for the rest of the league. And Precious kinda looks like Predator with his physique, dreadlocks and bouncy gait. And there is the obvious alliteration.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

I think he is positioned to be one of those guys who exceeds all expectations. Don't know for sure why I think this. He certainly looked polished in SL. I know it's just Summer League, but Precious was beasting.
    He seems to be the kind of player you can pencil in major production with that motor/athleticism/skill package. Like Kenneth Farried…but with more shooting potential and defense.
    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Fri Sep 24, 2021, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Is Precious the forgotten man? I think to start the season he is going to have a bigger impact than the attention he is (not) getting.
    I think he is positioned to be one of those guys who exceeds all expectations. Don't know for sure why I think this. He certainly looked polished in SL. I know it's just Summer League, but Precious was beasting.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

The bench will be

Flynn, Dragic, Barnes, Boucher, Precious

Yuta and Svi are unlikely to see many minutes unless one of the top 10 is hurt. So while Pascal is out one of those guys will slide into the bench unit to replace whoever gets moved to the starting unit.
    I'm more excited to see that bench mob, than the starters.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Precious/Barnes/Flynn are the Poeltl/Siakam/FVV trio from 2017 & 2018. Remember in 2018 they were part of our epic bench mob. That also included CJ Miles and Delon Wright.

Dragic will have to captain that young bench. With maybe Yuta or Svi as that 5th guy.
    The bench will be

Flynn, Dragic, Barnes, Boucher, Precious

Yuta and Svi are unlikely to see many minutes unless one of the top 10 is hurt. So while Pascal is out one of those guys will slide into the bench unit to replace whoever gets moved to the starting unit.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

I don't know if he's forgotten so much as he's going to take a couple years. Expectations are up now for the 3 core guys in their mid to late 20's, but the guys in their early 20's with 0-3 seasons on their resumes is a whole other crop of players within the org now and they're going to have a few seasons here to develop as players and grow into their roles.
    Precious/Barnes/Flynn are the Poeltl/Siakam/FVV trio from 2017 & 2018. Remember in 2018 they were part of our epic bench mob. That also included CJ Miles and Delon Wright.

Dragic will have to captain that young bench. With maybe Yuta or Svi as that 5th guy.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Is Precious the forgotten man? I think to start the season he is going to have a bigger impact than the attention he is (not) getting.
    I don't know if he's forgotten so much as he's going to take a couple years. Expectations are up now for the 3 core guys in their mid to late 20's, but the guys in their early 20's with 0-3 seasons on their resumes is a whole other crop of players within the org now and they're going to have a few seasons here to develop as players and grow into their roles.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    If Pascal is out for a few weeks, Precious will probably seize his opportunity and come out of the gates hard. But full lineup he's got to compete against Boucher and Barnes and all our big wings in a way as well. Does Nurse go full-beastmode Scottie+Boucher+Precious off the bench?

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Golden State Highlights August 11:

Houston Highlights August 12:

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    It is hard to find his summer league highlights

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Last edited by golden; Thu Aug 19, 2021, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    That’s the benefit of having Nurse as a coach, he encourages players to expand their games during live action if they’ve been practicing on their spare time. Most coaches want you to stay in your lane. Precious won’t just be a dunker on this team.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

On the other hand, Ibaka was never a guy that you'd give the ball up to at the 3-point line expecting him to make a play off the dribble. Precious definitely is. Not the best comparison IMO.
    Yeah that was my point on the post actually - they're completely different players.

Also, I haven't seen much of Precious but if he's the kind of player you can give the ball in perimeter to make a play off the dribble that's a nice surprise (in a good way). I thought he was mainly an inside threat from actions initiated by other players, but if he can be that, that's huge.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Precious was another one of those guys that grew up playing guard and then had a growth spurt. He definitely has better handles than most bigs. Like a bunch of guys, he'll has to extend his range and shoot better at the line. He's going to be a new style 5, fast, agile, pushing the ball up the court and able to make a play. He'll have trouble in the post against bigger guys, but he has other advantages over them on the perimeter.
    New Style Bigs 1

New Style Bigs 2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X