X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

I take it for the Rich Paul PR campaign in overdrive. Simmons is suddenly a sympathetic figure again
    I'd love to hear Dr. Joel's analysis of Simmon's mental issues. Is "choking" a mental issue? Yes it is. However some gut it out like Giannis (successfully) and Westbrook (not so much) ... and then others go to a couch. When Simmons gets back on the floor he is gonna have to make those bunny pops and Fts. at least. Paul was trying to keep the account best he could.... to get himself paid too. The NBA has to tweak some rules I think.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

I think he will be back when KD comes back. They are trying to set him up for success when he can defer to a better player. If they are on a 10 game losing streak and no KD no Kyrie it puts undo stress on BS.
    Imagine this kid existing in the 90s lmao

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    My question is, why isn't Simmons ready to play? It's been a week since the trade and they're still saying weeks away? Was he just watching Netflix these last couple months? Every game matters for the Nets to even get of the play in spot or make the playoffs, and Simmons is still weeks from being able to help? Or he is so incredibly soft that he's avoiding the Philly game in a couple weeks before he comes back...

Cause they know without KD they are going to be more on the losing end of things and given Simmons fragile state of mind they don't want him on the court too early.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    My question is, why isn't Simmons ready to play? It's been a week since the trade and they're still saying weeks away? Was he just watching Netflix these last couple months? Every game matters for the Nets to even get of the play in spot or make the playoffs, and Simmons is still weeks from being able to help? Or he is so incredibly soft that he's avoiding the Philly game in a couple weeks before he comes back...
    I think he will be back when KD comes back. They are trying to set him up for success when he can defer to a better player. If they are on a 10 game losing streak and no KD no Kyrie it puts undo stress on BS.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think the East is wide open and could conceivably see a way for mant teams to lose in the first round....or make the finals
    It is wide open. Any of Miami, MIL, Chicago and Philly can win the conference. Brooklyn is NOT in that level. They have too many question marks. Joe Harris is out for the year. Kyrie won't be able to play homes games because of vaccine mandate. How effective would Simmons be? Is Durant healthy?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I take it for the Rich Paul PR campaign in overdrive. Simmons is suddenly a sympathetic figure again

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Could be both. I heard on sirius nba radio he wasn't even working out/staying ready when he was in Philly as to not give the impression he would play. It's a big prima donna on a team with two other prima-donnas. That's part of the reason I have my doubts about them winning it all.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2022/02/15/be...-brooklyn-nets

Take it for what it is.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Could be both. I heard on sirius nba radio he wasn't even working out/staying ready when he was in Philly as to not give the impression he would play. It's a big prima donna on a team with two other prima-donnas. That's part of the reason I have my doubts about them winning it all.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Here’s what she said on ESPN’s NBA Today Monday…

“Ben Simmons, from what I’m told, is going to really ramp it up this week and see where he’s at at the end of the week, but he’s getting close. I don’t think it’s going to–it’s going to be more like weeks rather than months.”

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

How are the Nets not a legit championship contender when healthy and if/when NYC mandates are lifted? KD is the best offensive player in the conference. Simmons is the best wing defender in the conference. Kyrie is still a top 5-10 offensive player in the conference.

In addition to their big 3.... Nets have veteran shooters (Seth, Mills & Harris, if he comes back ) and playmakers (Mills, Dragic), veteran bigs (LMA, Griffin, Drummond), some youth (Claxton, Thomas) and even more depth (Brown, JJ). The main question mark is health and if they can ramp it up on defense. Veteran teams can usually reach another gear on defense in the post-season.

This all points to coaching and whether Steve Nash is competent enough to pull it all together. If Nets have a full, healthy squad and get bounced in the first round.... that would be all on Steve Nash.
    A healthy KD is the one player that can elevate that squad to great heights.

When KD was healthy, the Nets were ballin'.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Obviously the Nets big 3 > Raptors big 3. But when he said that he has higher ambitions he was talking about a chance to compete for the championship. UNLESS the Nets play the Cavs in the 1st round then they're a 1st round exit team just like the Raptors.
    How are the Nets not a legit championship contender when healthy and if/when NYC mandates are lifted? KD is the best offensive player in the conference. Simmons is the best wing defender in the conference. Kyrie is still a top 5-10 offensive player in the conference.

In addition to their big 3.... Nets have veteran shooters (Seth, Mills & Harris, if he comes back ) and playmakers (Mills, Dragic), veteran bigs (LMA, Griffin, Drummond), some youth (Claxton, Thomas) and even more depth (Brown, JJ). The main question mark is health and if they can ramp it up on defense. Veteran teams can usually reach another gear on defense in the post-season.

This all points to coaching and whether Steve Nash is competent enough to pull it all together. If Nets have a full, healthy squad and get bounced in the first round.... that would be all on Steve Nash.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Obviously the Nets big 3 > Raptors big 3. But when he said that he has higher ambitions he was talking about a chance to compete for the championship. UNLESS the Nets play the Cavs in the 1st round then they're a 1st round exit team just like the Raptors.
    I think the East is wide open and could conceivably see a way for mant teams to lose in the first round....or make the finals

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Dragic chose KD/Kyrie/Simmons over Siakam/FVV/OG. I think that's what he meant by higher ambitions.

I hope our guys take that as slap in the face.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    All things working out (big ifs in there), KD/Kyrie/Simmons is a pretty high ceiling though

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Nets? mofo really said he has higher ambitions lol.
    Dragic chose KD/Kyrie/Simmons over Siakam/FVV/OG. I think that's what he meant by higher ambitions.

I hope our guys take that as slap in the face.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X