No announcement yet.

Everything Goran Dragic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ntilikina close to signing with Dallas.

With Dragic displaying some Raptor swag, and walking around Toronto with some of the new guys. And now Dallas getting a backup guard soon, you can pretty much lock up those Dragic to Maverick rumours until the deadline.

Dragic was a punk when he played for Miami. Will be really weird rooting for him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Dragic was a punk when he played for Miami. Will be really weird rooting for him.
      He will be our punk.

But he can't do punk shit to Kyle Lowry when meeting him on the court.

Comment

• The Raptors need Dragic, as a gritty vet and as a guard. Going to be fine until things change.

If the season's going well and Dragic's playing an important role, what are the chances he just stays here and plays out his contract? Does it depend on trade return or does management dump him by the deadline regardless?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          The Raptors need Dragic, as a gritty vet and as a guard. Going to be fine until things change.

If the season's going well and Dragic's playing an important role, what are the chances he just stays here and plays out his contract? Does it depend on trade return or does management dump him by the deadline regardless?
          I believe it depended on all the other questions. Will FVV struggle without Dragic in the lineup?! Will Flynn struggle without Dragic or can he even carry the bench unit?! Will Dragic effectiveness be much less profound than on Miami because of a different team + increase in age?! Will Dragic eventually demand a trade seeing the team will probably hover around 500 throughout the year & he wants a chance at a ring?! Will teams even offer a good package for Dragic or continue to low ball the Raptors even more so?!

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            The Raptors need Dragic, as a gritty vet and as a guard. Going to be fine until things change.

He'll likely stay if we can't find a trade. We have his Bird Right's and can do a S&T to a team if he's looking for more than the mid-level and might be operating above the cap.

But it also depends on how far we are away from the playoffs. Do we take a step back and try to tank again or see what happens in the play-in?

Comment

He'll likely stay if we can't find a trade. We have his Bird Right's and can do a S&T to a team if he's looking for more than the mid-level and might be operating above the cap.

But it also depends on how far we are away from the playoffs. Do we take a step back and try to tank again or see what happens in the play-in?
              There is no chance they are going to tank again. Zero.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Masai could go full-young (basically by trading Dragic) but that would prob have us in the bubble at worst.

Comment

• Dallas picking up Ntilikina indicating they no longer want/need Dragic? Are you guys all familiar with Ntilikina's game? Third-string behind Elfrid Payton and Derrick Rose?

I don't think this transaction has any impact on Dragic at all.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. The East has a lot of parity all of a sudden. They could be in that 8-12 range by the deadline, looking like a play-in and not a play-off team. And Dragic is not going to be back next season. We could trade him like we traded Norm for Trent. Take a bit of a step back for the now, to get better in the future.

When you trade a win now player for a win later player, it's not like you are trying to win either.

We'll see what happens. I am feeling playoffs (7th seed, winning the play-in) over lottery. But failing to make the playoffs won't really surprise me. Siakam missing a month will hurt for sure.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Masai could go full-young (basically by trading Dragic) but that would prob have us in the bubble at worst.
                      What about FVV, Siakam and OG? Those 3 alone are good enough to get us into the playoffs if they are playing at home and healthy.

Comment

You don’t always choose to tank. Sometimes the tank chooses you. Well, for teams with a shred of integrity, that is. Injuries could change everything. So the ‘chance’ is always more than zero.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. The East has a lot of parity all of a sudden. They could be in that 8-12 range by the deadline, looking like a play-in and not a play-off team. And Dragic is not going to be back next season. We could trade him like we traded Norm for Trent. Take a bit of a step back for the now, to get better in the future.

When you trade a win now player for a win later player, it's not like you are trying to win either.

We'll see what happens. I am feeling playoffs (7th seed, winning the play-in) over lottery. But failing to make the playoffs won't really surprise me. Siakam missing a month will hurt for sure.
                          How does the East have parity and the Raps end up in the 8-12 range, that would imply Raps are not on equal footing wouldn't it? You've got the Bucks and Brooklyn at the top, (I expect) Miami after them, but then you have Philly dealing with the Simmons fallout, Knicks and Atlanta which are frauds, Indiana who were huge under achievers and now one of their best players is injured, Boston which also under achieved, Bulls that got worse defensively, Charlotte, Orlando. You're telling me you think our Raps are in the 8-12 range against that? Unless there are some major injuries I don't see it. I'll double down on Raps not tanking this season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You don’t always choose to tank. Sometimes the tank chooses you. Well, for teams with a shred of integrity, that is. Injuries could change everything. So the ‘chance’ is always more than zero.
                            There's losing because you're a bad team and then losing because you're tanking. We will not lose because we are tanking.

Comment

What about FVV, Siakam and OG? Those 3 alone are good enough to get us into the playoffs if they are playing at home and healthy.
                              Yeah, I'm saying that the worst those guys could possibly do - with some injuries, struggles, etc - is the play-in.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

That's pretty much it. You never go into the season planning on tanking, but 3/4's into it you'll have a pretty good idea if that's upon you whether you like it or not.

I don't want them to tank, I think these guys could use the playoff experience, but it's also very clear there are 11 or 12 teams in the east with clear chances of making the playoffs, and our spot is not safe. We'll see how it turns out but I think even if we don't make it the team will be on the upswing in the next 2-3 seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X