Everything Goran Dragic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yeah, that was one of the notable things about Scottie’s live Insta story the other night, which allows guests to comment rapid fire. As soon as Goran’s face showed, there were a fair amount of comments attacking him. Which I get, but a) he’s part of the team for now at least and he’s here and appears to be with the gang and ready to jump in… so people should chill, and b) it looked like Scottie, who’s seeing all those negative comments live is like, ‘oh, ok… this thing I thought would be fun and cool suddenly isn’t…”

Personally, I think that’s a bit of a shame, to colour Scottie’s early impressions of our fan-base that way.

I get that there’s a lot of negative history with Dragic, and his comment in the off-season, whether lost in translation or not, didn’t buy him any friends here. I just wish that some fans had a larger impression of the macro. I wanna keep Scottie’s positive vibe as unsullied as possible so he doesn’t go the way of other high draft picks we’ve had of yesteryear.

Our much-heralded culture is one of the biggest reasons we were able to build up to being a winner.

(there’ll always be some knuckleheads out there though.)
    Social media "celebrity live video" commenters are truly the lowest denominator
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Maybe Alonzo Mourning... who said he wasn't going to pay here and fortunately for him, never had to report.
      Yeah, but Zo never played. Dragic has full on committed to show up to work and people are still like "nope. naw. fuck you."
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This one is a tough one, i don't think I'll ever be invested in Dragic. I hope he does well, because it helps the Raptors, but I'll always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          This one is a tough one, i don't think I'll ever be invested in Dragic. I hope he does well, because it helps the Raptors, but I'll always be waiting for the other shoe to drop.
          It'd be wild if it comes to the point where we all become massive Dragic fans.

In the words of Demar... #proveEM. I'm here for it if he can make it happen.

Comment

• I will give him a chance. Plus if he plays well that's a good thing, both for wins, and for trade value before the deadline.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
              I will give him a chance. Plus if he plays well that's a good thing, both for wins, and for trade value before the deadline.
              he is a gamer

Comment

• Remind me what Dragic actually said that has people so upset?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Remind me what Dragic actually said that has people so upset?
                  Something in Slovenian that translates approximately to "Toronto is not my preferred destination, I have higher ambitions, we'll see."

He then issued an apology: "My message, basically, to all Toronto fans is, I would like to apologize. It didn't come out the right way. I know they love their team, and they should be proud, it is one of the best of organizations in the NBA. They've already won a championship, and I didn't, so what I said, it really was not appropriate." "I was in the centre of the city and the journalists were there and I was asked about Toronto and it was basically taken out of context. I told them that I had spent seven years in Miami and that would be the preferred destination for me because my family is there and everything, not Toronto.” "I love basketball, I love to play, and I'm going to give 100% wherever I play, right now, I'm (with) Toronto, and that's my main thing to think about."

So there's that which, yeah... not getting started off on the best foot.

I think too, though, Goran Dragic has been pretty close to our Brad Marchand ... insofar as being a player who we get super pissed at when we play. It raised the question for me... Who eIse gets under our skin like that? Is Goran the single most antagonistic character we've played against in the last number of years? I'm trying to think who else qualifies? And I'm not talking like Lebron or Jimmy Butler... not stars for star sake. But what other player could we have acquired that we've more bristled at as one of those 'hate to play against him' supporting guys. I think Lance Stephenson is in another category... trying to think of players specific to the Raps rivalry and can't come up with one... Marcus Smart? I'd put Goran in front.

Any thoughts, folks?

(lol -- I'm not trying to stir the pot up, I'm already fully welcoming Goran to the fold.... it's funny to consider though. And in a way, who knows, could be exactly what this team needs. .... Or it could blow up in our faces. ha.)

(and yes, it also shouldn't be discounted that for a long time that feeling has been very mutual, lol. I look forward to seeing how he adjusts.)
                  Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Fri Sep 17, 2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Something in Slovenian that translates approximately to "Toronto is not my preferred destination, I have higher ambitions, we'll see."

He then issued an apology: "My message, basically, to all Toronto fans is, I would like to apologize. It didn't come out the right way. I know they love their team, and they should be proud, it is one of the best of organizations in the NBA. They've already won a championship, and I didn't, so what I said, it really was not appropriate." "I was in the centre of the city and the journalists were there and I was asked about Toronto and it was basically taken out of context. I told them that I had spent seven years in Miami and that would be the preferred destination for me because my family is there and everything, not Toronto.” "I love basketball, I love to play, and I'm going to give 100% wherever I play, right now, I'm (with) Toronto, and that's my main thing to think about."

So there's that which, yeah... not getting started off on the best foot.
                    Not ideal (and not in English or on video for context either) but yeah, he's near the end of his career basking with the fam in Miami. And more importantly there was immediately a LOT of smoke about Toronto trying to find a home for him. He also probably still fancies himself a starter and he's not going to be starter with the Raps, he'll probably be lucky to hit 25 minutes. When there's that kind of uncertainty about your situation, best to just stay mum.

But all in all, I'm going to call it a McNothingburger with cheese. He with Scottie now!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Not ideal (and not in English or on video for context either) but yeah, he's near the end of his career basking with the fam in Miami. And more importantly there was immediately a LOT of smoke about Toronto trying to find a home for him. He also probably still fancies himself a starter and he's not going to be starter with the Raps, he'll probably be lucky to hit 25 minutes. When there's that kind of uncertainty about your situation, best to just stay mum.

But all in all, I'm going to call it a McNothingburger with cheese. He with Scottie now!
                      For the record it was on video, in Slovenian.

Comment

For the record it was on video, in Slovenian.
                        I'm pretty sure when your speaking in Slovenian you can say any fucking thing you want. It's like a superpower. Maybe that's what makes them the best per-capita basketball country in the world.

Comment

• This F'n douchbag is gonna be wearing Kyle Lowry number..Legend..GOAT..he better not be on the Raptors squad if his gonna be wearing number 7..that's all I gotta say about that, he ain't gonna make, crowd gonna boo his ass of the court, I know I will when I go 2 few of raps games..Goran the Gollum!!!
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            This F'n douchbag is gonna be wearing Kyle Lowry number..Legend..GOAT..he better not be on the Raptors squad if his gonna be wearing number 7..that's all I gotta say about that, he ain't gonna make, crowd gonna boo his ass of the court, I know I will when I go 2 few of raps games..Goran the Gollum!!!
                            There's no way he's wearing Kyle's number. Everybody knows it's headed for the rafters.

Zero chill, lol.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              This F'n douchbag is gonna be wearing Kyle Lowry number..Legend..GOAT..he better not be on the Raptors squad if his gonna be wearing number 7..that's all I gotta say about that, he ain't gonna make, crowd gonna boo his ass of the court, I know I will when I go 2 few of raps games..Goran the Gollum!!!
                              Dragic is apparently wearing #1, not #7

Comment

• Oct 1st tomorrow..hopefully it's moving day for this douchbag..send him packing..
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X