X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Feel like Dragic is one of those classic guys you despise when you play against — but enjoy when you have him on your team.

Let’s Go(ran)

I’m here for the dragon ride.

I've always hated dragic he does another of dirty shit.. especially against the raps in the past. He is a pretty good scorer tho and I could see him having a good late Era in his career as a bench guard who just has the green light to bomb 3s and attack the paint

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Feel like Dragic is one of those classic guys you despise when you play against — but enjoy when you have him on your team.

Let’s Go(ran)

I’m here for the dragon ride.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    I've always appreciated Dragic so I'm glad he's a Raptor, we needed some veteran grit with Lowry leaving and with Dragic we have it. Dragic and Lowry go way back and it's interesting we're swapping them now.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    He's a good player and he'll be a helpful bridge this season (for however long). Flynn and Barnes are young and need a lot of development time yet. Like years. Dragic will help the team compete while developing.

And hopefully there's a good return for him down the road.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    Dallas has ton of Cap space and they better satisfy Luka or he might bolt.
    When they ask Bobby, he didn't deny it or shut it down, so yeah.
    I don't know the trade mandate, but now that it's official and his with the roster, he can't get traded for 3 months, I believe.
    That's why they were trying 2 move him as part of 3 team trade, now were stuck with him till mid November.
    Well when that time comes, hopefully we get really good return.
    Dragic can be traded immediately.

The only scenario where they would need to wait is if they want to add his salary to another salary to match an even bigger salary coming in. That is not a very likely scenario for a Dragic trade
    So, long story short, they can trade Dragic anytime.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    *whispers* he can create his own offence in the half court...

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Dallas has ton of Cap space and they better satisfy Luka or he might bolt.
    When they ask Bobby, he didn't deny it or shut it down, so yeah.
    I don't know the trade mandate, but now that it's official and his with the roster, he can't get traded for 3 months, I believe.
    That's why they were trying 2 move him as part of 3 team trade, now were stuck with him till mid November.
    Well when that time comes, hopefully we get really good return.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Best case scenario is both Flynn and Dragic play great, and then you flip Dragic at the deadline for a good return. Hard to see them selling if they have a good seed and Flynn doesnt step up this year.
    I could see them selling on Dragic regardless so long as the price is right.

They might want to slide one of the 2nd rounders into the rotation after half a season in the G-League at that point too, so even if the return comes as picks they might like to move him.

Of course it is possible the return is never there and they just rent him for a year.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Looking forward to Everything Trade Deadline thread

Leave a comment:

replied
    I’m not gonna lie and say I’ve been a fan of his lol. But now that he’s on the team I’ll be cheering for him…most of all that he raises his trade value and we can get something decent for him haha

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post

I doubt Raptors go in on the tank, it'll be much harder to do it this season than last season. If the Raptors are going for a Playoff run, Dragic will be a big help, but I doubt we keep him past this season, so I assume we'll look to trade him at the deadline.
    Best case scenario is both Flynn and Dragic play great, and then you flip Dragic at the deadline for a good return. Hard to see them selling if they have a good seed and Flynn doesnt step up this year.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    *whispers* he can create his own offence in the half court...

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Very good NBA player. Starter level PG, elite bench guard. Pencils in beautifully as the first guard off the bench, can play beside both Flynn and fvv.

obvious downside is his age, he clearly doesnt fit our timeline. But I don't think it hurts Flynn or barnes etc, theres plenty of minutes to go around to the top 10 guys on this team. He'll get 10 less minutes than lowry used to get already. Theres only gonna be 3 guys guaranteed their major minutes, (fvv, Pascal and og) the rest will be a dogfight, whoever is stepping up most.

basically, if you're believing Raptors can contend in the east, this is great. If you think they should full rebuild, you hate it. If you're somewhere in the middle, you're somewhat content, but wouldnt mind flipping him.
    I doubt Raptors go in on the tank, it'll be much harder to do it this season than last season. If the Raptors are going for a Playoff run, Dragic will be a big help, but I doubt we keep him past this season, so I assume we'll look to trade him at the deadline.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Very good NBA player. Starter level PG, elite bench guard. Pencils in beautifully as the first guard off the bench, can play beside both Flynn and fvv.

obvious downside is his age, he clearly doesnt fit our timeline. But I don't think it hurts Flynn or barnes etc, theres plenty of minutes to go around to the top 10 guys on this team. He'll get 10 less minutes than lowry used to get already. Theres only gonna be 3 guys guaranteed their major minutes, (fvv, Pascal and og) the rest will be a dogfight, whoever is stepping up most.

basically, if you're believing Raptors can contend in the east, this is great. If you think they should full rebuild, you hate it. If you're somewhere in the middle, you're somewhat content, but wouldnt mind flipping him.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Welcome to the T-dot G!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X