• Show
Clear All

• inthepaint
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Hauser? lmao

And J-Rich...

J Rich is a Spur.

(You can substitute his shooting for Derrick White's 31% from deep. DW certainly has other qualities, but shooting isn't one of them.)

Pritchard at least is significantly more useful off the bench than Malachi has shown to be thus far, that much is true.
    You're right forgot he was on the white trade, that's a plus. Hauser doesn't see much time with all of them healthy but these no name shooters have killed us from corner 3's before. We can take them though, they finished the season strong and they're not someone you want to see on round 1 but they're beatable

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    There's talk of Robert Williams coming back in the first round... Boston is playing well, but I think we match up well with them, they just tend to get the hype. Hopefully we meet them in the conference finals.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Celtics are quite deeper. They could be missing Tatum, Brown, R. Williams and Horford and still takes us to OT.

We just managed to find a sustainable bench late in the season in the Precious/boucher tandem plus thad. They've got Hauser, Pritchard, G.Williams and Josh Richardson all shooting over 39.5% from 3 off the bench.

in terms of top end end talent if our starters are at their best they can hang with them, and top end talent is the main difference in the playoffs.

They've both become very good defensive teams but with different styles
    Hauser? lmao

And J-Rich...

J Rich is a Spur.

(You can substitute his shooting for Derrick White's 31% from deep. DW certainly has other qualities, but shooting isn't one of them.)

Pritchard at least is significantly more useful off the bench than Malachi has shown to be thus far, that much is true.

Leave a comment:

• gambler
    replied

Celtics are quite deeper. They could be missing Tatum, Brown, R. Williams and Horford and still takes us to OT.

We just managed to find a sustainable bench late in the season in the Precious/boucher tandem plus thad. They've got Hauser, Pritchard, G.Williams and Josh Richardson all shooting over 39.5% from 3 off the bench.

in terms of top end end talent if our starters are at their best they can hang with them, and top end talent is the main difference in the playoffs.

grant williams is now the starter without rob....and tehy have pretty much given up hope on williams coming back anytime soon as williams has a degenertive knee issue.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2GA9oFrjL4

imo...precious, thad and boucher are the better bench....if malachi couldve made an impact similar to pritchard...you can see how important he coudlve been to teh raptors...if flynn coudlve evened out pritchard....the raptirs would then have the superioir bench....good luck on richardson continuing to shoot 40 from the 3 as well as hauser cointinuing to make an impact.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Celtics have been trying to put their team together for a few years so makes sense they are deeper. This new version of the Raps is still much in the early stages.

Both teams seem to play a scrappy type of defense that hinges on max effort at all times.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Is there a tonne of similarity between this Raptors team and the Celtics team? Just the way the teams are constructed and style of play?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    LOL Westbrook saying he was never given a chance in LA "to be himself", felt he shouldn't have to prove himself and had never had trouble with any Coach, player "or anyone else" previously. Was he also referring to his fearless leader, lefailure?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Is there a tonne of similarity between this Raptors team and the Celtics team? Just the way the teams are constructed and style of play?

Leave a comment:

• gambler
    replied

It'll be a dogfight, which is common in 4vs5 matchups. Anyone saying this will be an easy series for one team or the other has a poor understanding of these two teams. The series could go either way; raptors have a very good chance of winning, but so does Philly

With everyone healthy I take the raps though, and that's without the homer glasses, just looking at it objectively.
    it could be easy if teh raptors win teh first two at philly (+160)and no thybelle in torotno_....that woudl be four in a row and 5 out of six....the lone loss still competitive....and if harden plays like shit the first two....myb he packs it in....the 22/1 raptors sweep...there is an angle and a great line relative to the raptors +160 in philly

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Saw a clip of Stephen A talking about Thybulle. The little graphic under the bottom said ESPN predictor has the Raptors at 53% chance to win the series
    It'll be a dogfight, which is common in 4vs5 matchups. Anyone saying this will be an easy series for one team or the other has a poor understanding of these two teams. The series could go either way; raptors have a very good chance of winning, but so does Philly

With everyone healthy I take the raps though, and that's without the homer glasses, just looking at it objectively.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

How do you quantify that Thad has been worth moving back in the draft for? Thad has been good, and there is no way to know if any of the players we are going to miss out on are going to be OG/FVV/Siakam good. If one..or several of them end up being that good then there is no way passing up on an above average starting caliber player that would be under contract for 5 years was worth it for Thad regardless of what he might do in the playoffs.
    Well with the standards you're setting no trade of future draft capital for a player now is worth it because you can't quantify how good a future drafted player could be. I think that's a dumb way to look at it but that's my opinion.

Thad has been good for us, he will be invaluable in our playoff run. We needed help now and we got it, and we still have a pick, just 12-13 spots lower. Solidifying our roster for the playoffs was worth moving back in my opinion. I also think we resign Thad in the offseason as we could still use a versatile do eveything vet next season.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Counter point: think the refs hate Harden. The rip through and stopping to make defender run into you are both moves he used to utilize. The start of the season refs were making a point to not give those types of calls to Harden
    Yeah at the start. The beginning of the season was awesome, I really enjoyed the officiating and the hard aggressive D that was allowed. It regressed as the season went on, but certainly not as bad as it was. Embiid got a call or two on those rip throughs a few nights back. Here's hoping the refs are not a factor in this series.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I think the x factor will be the refs. How aggressive will they allow us to be guarding embiid and harden? Not very is my guess. I wouldn't be surprised if the 6ers are putting together a video package right now to send the league, saying look at all the fouls on our stars that aren't being called. I hope I'm wrong and the series is reffed well and fairly. At our best, I'm confidant we can take them.
    Counter point: think the refs hate Harden. The rip through and stopping to make defender run into you are both moves he used to utilize. The start of the season refs were making a point to not give those types of calls to Harden

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    I think the x factor will be the refs. How aggressive will they allow us to be guarding embiid and harden? Not very is my guess. I wouldn't be surprised if the 6ers are putting together a video package right now to send the league, saying look at all the fouls on our stars that aren't being called. I hope I'm wrong and the series is reffed well and fairly. At our best, I'm confidant we can take them.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    gambler wrote: View Post

im expecting the raptors to win and thts wiht fvv recent struggles ... teh notion that harden is jsut going to "turn it on" or "flip a switch" is pretty funny...sure mayb it could happen but hes not the same player anymore and thats not taking into consideration the harden rule...saw a video the other day...he does not havea one singe dunk since he has joined teh 76ers.... march 40/30....april 36/27.....3/12 and 5 /12 agasint toronto.....without anunoby
    Harden doesn't have to flip a switch necessarily. He's still 20Pts/10A/7R avg in his last 17 games. And he's going to get more calls in the post season where he's an excellent f/t shooter. The eye test says he's slowed down and certainly not initiating contact (hence the increased assist rate. But it's certainly not past the realm of possibility for him to turn it up a notch in the post season to show the Nets as well as erase some of the post season non-accomplishment off him. Embiid will have the same idea.

And the Raps start every game down 10 to the refs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X