No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went thru all the teams and I tried to be brutally honest and practical here.

If we are not waiving Dragic, then the ONLY possible trade partners are not contending teams (bc Dragic 20mil is too big a contract to match in a trade), but teams that also have aging heavy contracts that they want to get rid of, here are the teams:

Boston-Al Horford
    Cleveland-Kevin Love
    Houston-Eric Gordon

Maybe...Utah-Joe Ingles

It's the likelihood we will end up with NOTHING if we keep Dragic, and the only reason we make trades with the teams above is they have assets
    Cavs have 2 top 2nd rd picks, and Rockets have an extra late 1st rd pick.

Why are these teams making this move? Bos, Cleveland needed another vet point guard and they can get rid of one of their heavy contracts, for Houston Dragic is last year of his contract whereas Gordon still has 3 more years.

Why Toronto? get assets before losing Dragic for nothing.

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
      I went thru all the teams and I tried to be brutally honest and practical here.

If we are not waiving Dragic, then the ONLY possible trade partners are not contending teams (bc Dragic 20mil is too big a contract to match in a trade), but teams that also have aging heavy contracts that they want to get rid of, here are the teams:

Boston-Al Horford
      Cleveland-Kevin Love
      Houston-Eric Gordon

Maybe...Utah-Joe Ingles

It's the likelihood we will end up with NOTHING if we keep Dragic, and the only reason we make trades with the teams above is they have assets

Why are these teams making this move? Bos, Cleveland needed another vet point guard and they can get rid of one of their heavy contracts, for Houston Dragic is last year of his contract whereas Gordon still has 3 more years.

Well, there would also be OKC, who have cap space to absorb a deal, but that obviously makes no sense re: getting an asset return.

More importantly, there would also be loads of teams who may be looking to sell and Dragic is not value for them, just salary ballast in the deal. This is the far more likely trade scenario for Dragic than finding a team that really wants to trade value for him.

Eric Gordon in HOU is the most interesting one. You'd be sending value that way (maybe a lesser prospect or some 2nds) and taking a year of salary off HOU's hands. Not sure if that's enough to get it done. Or whether the Raps would want it, though they can always use shooting. Still leaves a little cushion (though a lot less) next year versus the tax. Would be an (expensive) upgrade on Svi.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Boston-Al Horford
        Cleveland-Kevin Love
        Houston-Eric Gordon

Maybe...Utah-Joe Ingles

Horford is still useful and so I don't see them giving him up. Ingles is interesting and Gordon is another one. I would opt for Gordon because of the scoring threat if ingles isn't available. I would WAY rather have ingles.

Rockets have an extra 1st round pick but I don't think they are trading those first rounders away. Cleveland makes the most sense but again I don't think they would do it.

Comment

• Unless there is a way to convert his contract into cap space it's hard to imagine Raps trading Dragic for another older vet type player. They want young players that they can potentially develop into rotation pieces, not guys that won't be here in a couple of seasons.

Comment

• The Sixers are looking to package Tobias Harris with Ben Simmons in trade talks, per @MarcJSpears
            Whoever is a fringe playoff team getting both players before the deadline could be a major threat in the playoffs.

Comment

• Eric Gordon would be an ideal get. His 3rd year is fully non guaranteed so it's really only this year and next year, and then he'll be a UFA again. I think he'd have the same price as Tucker had last deadline.

Bucks got Tucker at the deadline for a late first, and a second round pick swap. So not really a first rounder. More like a move from 31 to 24.

So a FRP on its own would be too much. But a protected first (top 20) and then if not conveyed 2 seconds? From 2023 and 2024?

I don't know if we want to give up draft capital though for a short term gain. Even if it is a couple of second rounders.

Comment

Boston-Al Horford
                Cleveland-Kevin Love
                Houston-Eric Gordon

Maybe...Utah-Joe Ingles

I think a deal with Cleveland would be Dragic for Rubio and a pick. That's gets us under the tax and we get a pick in return, probably a future 2nd. Rubio is expiring contract as well and out for the season. No need for Kevin Love, they will want to keep him for their playoff push.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I think a deal with Cleveland would be Dragic for Rubio and a pick. That's gets us under the tax and we get a pick in return, probably a future 2nd. Rubio is expiring contract as well and out for the season. No need for Kevin Love, they will want to keep him for their playoff push.
                  I’m totally in favor of this, Rubio is a stable guy who won’t take shots from the young guys but could be an added vet mentor to them, decent back up in exchange for an existing negative asset.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I’m totally in favor of this, Rubio is a stable guy who won’t take shots from the young guys but could be an added vet mentor to them, decent back up in exchange for an existing negative asset.
                    He's out for the year, that's the point of the trade.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Issue with a Rubio deal is they already traded for Rondo to fill in those minutes. Not sure they'll be looking to acquire Dragic.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He's out for the year, that's the point of the trade.
                        I’m thinking that Raptors can sign keep him next season for the vet minimum. Good insurance especially if they consider trading VanVleet in the offseason.

It would be nice to get a positive asset for Dragic before the deadline.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Unless there is a way to convert his contract into cap space it's hard to imagine Raps trading Dragic for another older vet type player. They want young players that they can potentially develop into rotation pieces, not guys that won't be here in a couple of seasons.
                          By letting him walk we'll likely have the full mid-level ($10M) in free agency.

Here is the free agent list:
                          https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ists-2022-2023

Here are some interesting names from the list that may or may not be available for the mid-level.

Bruce Brown (25)
                          Cody Martin (26) - RFA
                          Derrick Jones Jr (24)
                          Jalen Brunson (25)
                          Josh Jackson (24)
                          Gary Payton II (29)
                          Tyus Jones (25)
                          Jordan Nwora (23)
                          Mitchell Robinson (23)
                          Jalen Smith (21)
                          Anfernee Simons (22) - RFA
                          Jusuf Nurkic (27)
                          Marvin Bagley III (22) - RFA
                          Thomas Bryant (24)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

By letting him walk we'll likely have the full mid-level ($10M) in free agency.

Here is the free agent list:
                            https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ists-2022-2023

Here are some interesting names from the list that may or may not be available for the mid-level.

Bruce Brown (25)
                            Cody Martin (26) - RFA
                            Derrick Jones Jr (24)
                            Jalen Brunson (25)
                            Josh Jackson (24)
                            Gary Payton II (29)
                            Tyus Jones (25)
                            Jordan Nwora (23)
                            Mitchell Robinson (23)
                            Jalen Smith (21)
                            Anfernee Simons (22) - RFA
                            Jusuf Nurkic (27)
                            Marvin Bagley III (22) - RFA
                            Thomas Bryant (24)
                            Jordan Nwora and Jalen Smith stands out for me from that list

Comment

• I actually think a legit championship contending team like Phoenix could use a veteran combo guard off the bench, like Dragic, if only for depth purposes. In a long championship run, if you lose even a bench ball handling guard for a few games, that could really impact a series. Dragic has a good post-season history and made it to the Finals a couple years ago, so he's battle-tested. He can play either SG or PG and his style would fit more of Suns traditional PnR system and he has rim protectors behind him on defense.

Raps could try to nab the young center prospect, Jalen Smith + Nader & Saric (injured) as filler for Dragic.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                I actually think a legit championship contending team like Phoenix could use a veteran combo guard off the bench, like Dragic, if only for depth purposes. In a long championship run, if you lose even a bench ball handling guard for a few games, that could really impact a series. Dragic has a good post-season history and made it to the Finals a couple years ago, so he's battle-tested. He can play either SG or PG and his style would fit more of Suns traditional PnR system and he has rim protectors behind him on defense.

Raps could try to nab the young center prospect, Jalen Smith + Nader & Saric (injured) as filler for Dragic. .
                                another good trade suggestion for an existing negative asset

Comment

Working...
                                X