No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually like Precious. He's got work to do, but he's got a big time MIP boost coming next year. He doesn't have to learn a lot to be great. He doesn't have stone hands or anything. He's just an idiot around the rim. I think his deficiencies can be fixed. He has a nice looking stroke. He seems to have a lot of confidence as well which helps.

We're going to need a Boucher replacement though.. ie, backup PF/C. And Jalen Smith would be great in that role IMO.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      Precious is a better defender than I thought he would be. You don't want him handling the ball though. Sometimes he does good things with it, other times its Shaqtin worthy.

Nurkic is a better rebounder, scorer and an underrated defender.

Precious is young still, so who knows how good he'll be.
      precious is perfectly fine right now with upside. I just kind of wish we had someone other than birch because birch is not healthy enough to help us

Comment

Precious is a better defender than I thought he would be. You don't want him handling the ball though. Sometimes he does good things with it, other times its Shaqtin worthy.

Nurkic is a better rebounder, scorer and an underrated defender.

Precious is young still, so who knows how good he'll be.
        I think we could afford to offer nurkic an mle but i'd like to try to nab him now by trading them boucher and a second rounder.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

precious is perfectly fine right now with upside. I just kind of wish we had someone other than birch because birch is not healthy enough to help us
          Oh I know. Not advocating a Nurkic trade, just don't agree that apparently its obvious Precious is better than Nurkic.

Precious needs development but he has a lot of tools to work with.

Comment

Oh I know. Not advocating a Nurkic trade, just don't agree that apparently its obvious Precious is better than Nurkic.

Precious needs development but he has a lot of tools to work with.
            I wouldn't mind a nurkic trade that wouldn't include precious. Coming up with 12 million is easier than coming up with a trade for Turner.

Not sure what to do with Flynn but I think we will see how him on the 905 with Banton increases his confidence.
            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Jan 12, 2022, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• If Dame is out ... and CJ is out ... does that mean they will start selling off parts?

Comment

I wouldn't mind a nurkic trade that wouldn't include precious. Coming up with 12 million is easier than coming up with a trade for Turner.

Not sure what to do with Flynn but I think we will see how him on the 905 with Banton increases his confidence.
                Nurkic will never be a Raptors, simply because of his style of play/back to the basket, Raptors need a mobile/interior defense/rim protection big, Nurkic doesn't fit the bill.

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post

Nurkic will never be a Raptors, simply because of his style of play/back to the basket, Raptors need a mobile/interior defense/rim protection big, Nurkic doesn't fit the bill.
                  Perhaps. I feel like Nurkic for the right price could be a low cost option. Having even a third big would help. The thing about nurkic is he is a sneaky good playmaker. He isn't as switchable as precious but birch isn't exactly the fastest guy either. To me it is more about getting an upgrade for birch. He rebounds well and he defends decently well Turner is the perfect guy for this team but I think the asking price is too much unless you give up GTJ. I would consider it but its a big asset to give up.

Comment

If Dame is out ... and CJ is out ... does that mean they will start selling off parts?
                    Even with dame getting surgery I think you have to.. deal CJ let anfnee Simon's take his spot to grow. Deal nurkic and try to come back with you long talent around dame next year
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The Lakers don't have assets, but a Trent trade somewhere is worth listening to imo. This rumor tells us that he has value around the league, and he's most likely a free agent in a year and a half. His value is at its highest now with 2 playoff runs left on his contract.

Not saying we should trade him, just that we should be at least entertaining offers
                      Not interested in trying to sign him long term? Seems like a great fit with the Raps.

Comment

• Another question. It seems raptors have been rumored as engaging with trade talks on Caris. How much would that cost? Could you get Caris by giving up Dragic, and picks and maybe flynn.

A second rounder and a protected first for this year. Protected 1-13

Comment

• The Knicks should build their team around Barrett, forget about Randle.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Another question. It seems raptors have been rumored as engaging with trade talks on Caris. How much would that cost? Could you get Caris by giving up Dragic, and picks and maybe flynn.

A second rounder and a protected first for this year. Protected 1-13
                            I remember the Brooklyn series where it was basically Levert getting 20 points and 10 assists per game.

If we can get him for a reasonable price, he'd be a good player to lead the bench as a scorer/playmaker.

Comment

• damn if only Jalen Harris didn't fuck up with coke.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                damn if only Jalen Harris didn't fuck up with coke.
                                yup

Comment

Working...
                                X