Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

But we did adjust our system to fit the personnel...this season... after Dragic left.

We started out the season with the ideal of having everybody, including Precious/Boucher, grab and go. So, instead of Precious grabbing the rebound, stopping and finding a PG (Dragic, Fred or Flynn), we asked Dragic to run the lanes and spot up. The theory was that we can create advantages in transition by not waiting for the traditional point guard handoff from the rebounder. In practice, it was a disaster.

Eventually, we realized that Precious and Boucher leading the break was madness and you'll notice that Boucher, especially, comes to a full stop most times and finds a ball-handler. The experiment failed, and it was one contributor to failing to integrate Dragic properly early, whereas now, he would fit right in.

I mean it's pretty obvious that Dragic never wanted to be here, but that failed early season grab & go experiment and the DNPs didn't do us any favors if there was a chance to integrate him.
    Both Dragic's attitude and Raptors' half-ass effort to retain him play a huge role. Why spend so much effort to adjust a retire-soon player, for what?
    Dragic need to adapt. There are values in failed experiment. Player needs to support that.
    Last edited by mike-kawhi; Tue Feb 1, 2022, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I feel like the physical limitations of what these guys are capable of peaked at Lavine and Gordon and now you've pretty much seen it all
      NBA dunk contests didn't reach level of what some of these pro dunkers are doing.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I think the dunk contest would be more fun at this point with a HORSE format where someone dunks and then the other 3 have to replicate the dunk. No stupid shit jumping over people or cars. No getting a bazillion chances to do each dunk.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          I think the dunk contest would be more fun at this point with a HORSE format where someone dunks and then the other 3 have to replicate the dunk. No stupid shit jumping over people or cars. No getting a bazillion chances to do each dunk.
          Interesting, I'd tune in for that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            I think the dunk contest would be more fun at this point with a HORSE format where someone dunks and then the other 3 have to replicate the dunk. No stupid shit jumping over people or cars. No getting a bazillion chances to do each dunk.
            I never thought about that. I just hate the props

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    so happy i grabbed him for fantasy this year

Comment

Good for him. But they lost that game to the worst team in the league. Empty stats.
                      Last edited by golden; Thu Feb 3, 2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Good for him. But they lost that game to the worst team in the league. Empty stats.
                        Meh.. we lost to the Thunder and Pistons twice. Barnes played in all three games.

Comment

A lot of their wins were against soft opponents.. and when they played a tough team, like Miami, Jimmy/Kyle and PJ took the game off. But it could give them some momentum. I'd be surprised if they didn't make the play-in.

Nets are in a free fall, but assuming they stay above 7.. the four play-in teams appear to be Toronto, Boston, Charlotte and Atlanta. I have zero faith in Washington and NY.

That's a tough 4 IMO.

Comment

Nah, lots of weak teams bumped their dense ratings. Celtics' offence is bad this year. Did they even play a good game against top teams?

Comment

• Cool quote from Gary.

“I would say this is one of the hardest teams I’ve played with, defensively, with how hard they go,” Gary Trent Jr. said. “Everybody has some form of energy, everybody has some form of effort and it starts with Freddie VanVleet. He comes in every single day, he gives 110 per cent effort. He leaves it all on the line — whether it’s deflections, whether it’s steals, whether it’s communicating — and I try to help as well with that and continue to grow and defend.”
                              https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...h-an-edge.html

Comment

• Playing hard is Lowry's legacy. #Culture.

Also a shot at Dame & CJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X