Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It can happen.. He's a few years younger than PJ Tucker, and he got a 2 year deal with Miami. Serge wanted a 2 year deal with Toronto and couldn't get it, so went to LAC.

The Suns were into Thad Young just recently. I'm sure other contending teams would love to have him for like a $5-7M deal for multiple years. I mean Iggy is still in the league and he wasn't playing for Memphis.
    Well... good problem if that happens, cause it'll mean he dominated for us.

Comment

• I suspect the Raps would try to overpay Thad to get a 2nd year unguaranteed. Unguaranteed salary is great because you can trade him (a team option he gets to veto trades). Trick is how much he needs to be paid. If there is no obvious MLE target, maybe it's just re-signing Boucher and throwing the rest of your room under the tax at Thad to buy the 2nd year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• what is next for the raptors ?

i think we can make top 4 by end of season due to a weak schedule. getting out of the first round will be tricky but i know scottie and banton have another level to them.

so far what i like is
        trent is chucking the ball within the offence
        siakiam is becoming a solid number 1 option
        our defence is better overall
        the hou game showed we can live without fred and score a boat load of points

i dont like
        siakam breaks the offence too much
        i dont like how they use barnes he should be the point if trent and siakam are going to be 1 2 scoring.
        we don’t have our center still
        half court offence is still very bad

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          what is next for the raptors ?

i think we can make top 4 by end of season due to a weak schedule. getting out of the first round will be tricky but i know scottie and banton have another level to them.

so far what i like is

i dont like
          i dont like how they use barnes he should be the point if trent and siakam are going to be 1 2 scoring.
          top 4 is possible but unlikely I would be happy with top 5 or holding onto the 6th

Comment

so far what i like is

i dont like
            Continue developing our bench to limit the starter's workload and limit risks of injury

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

top 4 is possible but unlikely I would be happy with top 5 or holding onto the 6th
              We're 2.5 games out of the 2 seed. Our schedule is super easy the rest of the way. I think top 4 finish is likely.

Comment

if you're banking on playoff-banton to carry this team in the postseason, you may want to temper those expectations

Comment

• No more bad juju from here on out approaching the playoffs from the Claw Reborn…trade deadline had passed

Go Raps !

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We're 2.5 games out of the 2 seed. Our schedule is super easy the rest of the way. I think top 4 finish is likely.
                    Huge range of possible outcomes. Could see 8 teams in the East with high-40's win totals or better, if the Nets get it together. Celtics would need to turn it on and get their wins in line with their point differential. 2nd seed would require a lot to go right, 8th seed would require a lot to go wrong, but anywhere from 3-7 is very possible. East playoffs are going to be a bloodbath, incredible parity right now.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

That's very optimistic. I think getting that sixth seed might be possible but difficult. Top 4 is going to be very, very hard cause the Heat, Bucks, Nets, Sixers, Bulls and Celtics are all going to crank it up after the all star break and most of the teams are already ahead of the Raps.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Huge range of possible outcomes. Could see 8 teams in the East with high-40's win totals or better, if the Nets get it together. Celtics would need to turn it on and get their wins in line with their point differential. 2nd seed would require a lot to go right, 8th seed would require a lot to go wrong, but anywhere from 3-7 is very possible. East playoffs are going to be a bloodbath, incredible parity right now.
                        Also, the Hawks are looking like a 45-50 win team these last few weeks and will be in the mix, and Charlotte and the Wizards added weapons. 11 teams really want one of those 10 spots.

I have to admit, this play in format has done absolute wonders for tanking and competition.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Also, the Hawks are looking like a 45-50 win team these last few weeks and will be in the mix, and Charlotte and the Wizards added weapons. 11 teams really want one of those 10 spots.

I have to admit, this play in format has done absolute wonders for tanking and competition.
                          I was skeptical of the play-in format but confess that it has fixed one of the worst problems the NBA has had recently with all the bullshit tanking teams. Anything that rids the league of that embarrassing spectacle is fine with me. And I know there is still some of it but it used to be 10-12 teams - now it's 3-4 and some of those aren't really tanking but just got eviscerated and are rebuilding (Houston) or are just plain old bad (Detroit).

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

That's very optimistic. I think getting that sixth seed might be possible but difficult. Top 4 is going to be very, very hard cause the Heat, Bucks, Nets, Sixers, Bulls and Celtics are all going to crank it up after the all star break and most of the teams are already ahead of the Raps.
                            Their schedules are harder against other teams near the top. When two top teams play eachother someone has to lose. We have very few games left against good teams. The math is on our side.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I was skeptical of the play-in format but confess that it has fixed one of the worst problems the NBA has had recently with all the bullshit tanking teams. Anything that rids the league of that embarrassing spectacle is fine with me. And I know there is still some of it but it used to be 10-12 teams - now it's 3-4 and some of those aren't really tanking but just got eviscerated and are rebuilding (Houston) or are just plain old bad (Detroit).
                              Yeah I used to hate it, still kinda do, but it has massively reduced the amount of teams tanking. Those that are tanking are actually just really shitty teams that are playing their best and it isn't enough. So maybe we shouldn't even call that tanking. OKC and Houston legitimately looked like they were trying to beat us, they're just not good enough.

Comment

• The Kings just made the Play-in successful. They made a trade in the hopes to get into the Play-in lol. Would they have done the same if there was no Play-in?

Comment

Working...
                                X