No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is everyone scoring 50 points now? Saddiq Bey got 51 last night. Also had 10 boards.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      So is everyone scoring 50 points now? Saddiq Bey got 51 last night. Also had 10 boards.
      It's against Orlando. They're tanking very very hard. They allowed 60 to kyrie the other day, now this. They're now below the Pistons in the standings and gunning for that dead last spot leaguewide vs the rockets - they're already one loss "ahead" of them with the most losses in the league (53). They've completely given up playing any kind of defence.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

Both UK and UConn lost - so that's a #2, two #5s, and a #6 already knocked out of the tournament
        I really struggle watching college ball. Way over-coached and way too many stoppages. 2 timeouts per game (or 1 per half) for each team is more than sufficient. They can still have their 76 tv timeouts.

EDIT: I would even argue 1 timeout per game is lots given all the tv timeouts but the overrated college coaches would revolt!

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

It's against Orlando. They're tanking very very hard. They allowed 60 to kyrie the other day, now this. They're now below the Pistons in the standings and gunning for that dead last spot leaguewide vs the rockets - they're already one loss "ahead" of them with the most losses in the league (53). They've completely given up playing any kind of defence.
          I didn't watch the game but I heard Orlando was intentionally fouling Bey so he could get his 50 points. Was that true?

The worst 3 teams in the NBA all get the same lottery odds.. so a win between these two teams likely hardly matters. Although Detroit is catching up to OKC.

It does hurt the Raptor 2nd rounder though. Now sitting at pick 33 instead of 31 or 32.

Comment

I didn't watch the game but I heard Orlando was intentionally fouling Bey so he could get his 50 points. Was that true?

The worst 3 teams in the NBA all get the same lottery odds.. so a win between these two teams likely hardly matters. Although Detroit is catching up to OKC.

It does hurt the Raptor 2nd rounder though. Now sitting at pick 33 instead of 31 or 32.
            I just had it on the background while doing my taxes lol so I wasn't paying much attention. If the worse 3 have the same odds i don't know what they're doing, maybe making sure they stay in that bottom 3. Wagner had a good game though, that was a nice draft for them

Comment

did not watch but tweet below from dan devine would suggest they did not intentionally foul bey and were actually trying to prevent the 50 piece, but it up

Comment

I just had it on the background while doing my taxes lol so I wasn't paying much attention. If the worse 3 have the same odds i don't know what they're doing, maybe making sure they stay in that bottom 3. Wagner had a good game though, that was a nice draft for them
                They have the same odds but you start in the 1, 2 or 3 position. So since they only lotto the top 4, the team in 1st is guaranteed a top 5 pick. Team in 2nd is only guaranteed a top 6 pick. Team in 3rd only top 7. Now, in each case it is unlikely they slide to their lowest spot, but still, there is some value in it.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We get Lakers again, Cavs get Nugz. Gooooooo Nugz!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    We get Lakers again, Cavs get Nugz. Gooooooo Nugz!
                    Bulls get Suns. I think we can catch them both.

Comment

• Question, why is Luka Doncic not in the MVP convo? he's averaging 28/9/8. his team have a better record than the Nuggets AND the Sixers. Unlike Embiid, he doesn't another star on his team. He's basically carrying the Mavs by himself. So why is he not in the convo?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Question, why is Luka Doncic not in the MVP convo? he's averaging 28/9/8. his team have a better record than the Nuggets AND the Sixers. Unlike Embiid, he doesn't another star on his team. He's basically carrying the Mavs by himself. So why is he not in the convo?
                        He is the convo, not sure what convos you've been missing
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Question, why is Luka Doncic not in the MVP convo? he's averaging 28/9/8. his team have a better record than the Nuggets AND the Sixers. Unlike Embiid, he doesn't another star on his team. He's basically carrying the Mavs by himself. So why is he not in the convo?
                          personally i'd dock him because i don't think the MVP should be able to show up for the season so fat that it takes two full months for him to play himself into shape, and for his team to start reaching their potential as a consequence of that

he's also not been very efficient by his own standards or those of the other leading candidates, and the other leading candidates are miles ahead in advanced statistics.

he puts up huge raw numbers because he's the most ball dominant player in the league, and one of the most ball dominant in history (it's him or houston harden).

it's jokic/embiid/giannis as the only serious candidates. luka is in that convo with derozan and morant and other candidates for a top five slot

Comment

• Luka is #5 on the ladder:
                            https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-lad...rch-18-edition

Luka's missed 16 games. That's the knock against him.

Comment

Luka is #5 on the ladder:
                              https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-lad...rch-18-edition

Luka's missed 16 games. That's the knock against him.
                              not the only knock, but it's another knock

Comment

You know how fans always say something like "management may want to tank but pros are pros and they're not going to lay down, the always want to win"? .... Orlando disproves that.

Comment

Working...
                                X