• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some comments on the Raptors' approach from CBSSports

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...ssession-game/

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It was traded to San Antonio in the Thad / Goran trade. We got Detroit's 2nd round pick.
      I thought we were getting their first in return? Was supposed to be like 5 or 6 spots back.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Some comments on the Raptors' approach from CBSSports

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/s...ssession-game/
        Noice.
        If only everyone will be healthy in the first round.
        Good idea to sit Fred for now?

Comment

• I'm hoping Raps get 5th, Philly gets 4th, heat get first, nets take the play in for 7th. That way, we can face the Bucks, celts or nets in the ecf.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I thought we were getting their first in return? Was supposed to be like 5 or 6 spots back.
            If we were getting SA's 1st in return we'd have traded up, not down.

We were trading our ~20th pick for Detroit's 2nd (~30th). About a 10 spot slide. Maybe 15.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Noice.
              If only everyone will be healthy in the first round.
              Good idea to sit Fred for now?
              He looked healthier last night on defence than I've seen in quite some time.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The full trade was:

Goran Dragic and Toronto's 2022 FRP (lottery protected) for Thad Young, Drew Eubanks (waived) and Detroit's 2022 SRP.

Currently the Toronto pick is tied for 19th. The Detroit pick is 33rd.

If the Raptors missed the playoffs, they keep their pick. Then their 2023 pick is owed to San Antonio instead (although protected 1-13). The Raptors would keep the Detroit pick either way.

They moved down trade slots about 10-15 picks for Thad Young. They saved some money as well so they could easily clear the tax. By doing that they were able to give Armoni Brooks a guaranteed deal for the rest of the season (and partial guarantee for next season).

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He looked healthier last night on defence than I've seen in quite some time.
                  fwiw...im not worried about him anymore after last night....its not goign to be his mobility which would be a serious concern ....its just about him getting his timing down and that extra lift on his jumper..... hell havealmost two weeks on limited minutes as flynn is probably coiming back friday and tehn the week off for the play in....tehy are 33/1 to win the east on pinny right now....stupid line , imo

Comment

• Not sure if this has been posted yet.

https://sports.yahoo.com/celtics-76e...231903489.html

The Celtics and 76ers declined to say if they have unvaccinated players when asked about playing Toronto in the playoffs.

Heat and Bucks said they are fully vaccinated.

So excellent chance we don't play the Celtics or 76ers full squads during our playoff home games. Makes facing either of them a lot more enticing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Not sure if this has been posted yet.

https://sports.yahoo.com/celtics-76e...231903489.html

The Celtics and 76ers declined to say if they have unvaccinated players when asked about playing Toronto in the playoffs.

Heat and Bucks said they are fully vaccinated.

So excellent chance we don't play the Celtics or 76ers full squads during our playoff home games. Makes facing either of them a lot more enticing.
                      Why is that stupid rule still not lifted anyway?

Comment

• Favorite Kyle Lowry moment. This game is still insane to me. The Raptors were down by 30 freakin points with 2 mins left in the 3rd!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          Favorite Kyle Lowry moment. This game is still insane to me. The Raptors were down by 30 freakin points with 2 mins left in the 3rd!

this was a GREAT game honestly.

Comment

Use Tankathon mock draft & look for the Raptors logo.

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Use Tankathon mock draft & look for the Raptors logo.

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
                              Yeah, we're picking early in the second round which isn't exciting in terms of prospects I've heard of, but exciting in terms of it being a clear signal the rebuild is over. This is the group we are rolling with unless a trade presents itself. We aren't looking to develop anymore core players beyond those already on the roster. Someone mentioned we're on pace for 48 wins in our first season without Kyle and mostly a new roster. That's incredible and we're going to improve on that over the next couple of seasons if we stay healthy.

Comment

• Sources: The NBA has informed teams of projected salary cap and tax level in 2022-23 — $121M and $147M, both are $2M higher than previous estimates.

Comment

Working...
                                X