Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    So Philly, Boston, and Milwaukee are tied. Boston and Milwaukee play each other so one of them will lose a game for sure.

Philly plays the pacers and pistons after us. I think they will try harder to avoid the 2 seed than other teams. My theory is Embiid and Harden don’t play against Raptors this Thursday.
    That is actually a pretty good theory. Guess we’ll see in just over 24 hours. Would actually love to see the Nets drop to 9 or 10 to have to win 2 games to get in. They probably would win those but you never know

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

That is actually a pretty good theory. Guess we’ll see in just over 24 hours. Would actually love to see the Nets drop to 9 or 10 to have to win 2 games to get in. They probably would win those but you never know
      the chalotte hornets can win a one and done against teh nets...tehy have a bunch of guys who can shoot the three are a very good offensive rebounding team...gordon the gimp tried ot come back from his ankle injury ...sat out last two games....hes still a threat form teh outside even if hes not 100 perent...if they get hot and kyrie goes cold....its basketball....

Comment

• This season has been amazing for the growth of different players. Of course Scottie, but he's not the only one. And his growth as a rookie has been phenomenal. What is maybe more surprising has been the next level steps taken by Pascal, Freddie, Boucher, Gary, Precious and OG. Difficult to know how much credit goes to the coaching staff, but obviously a lot. Which takes me onto a different path.

How much better has this organization gotten at developing players? It has had that rep for almost a decade now, but this season's results seem unreal. If players can grow and improve, so can the coaches, and other support staff. And if the development staff are improving at anything like the rate of the players, the Raptors have a true superweapon.

Whatever this season's results, it bodes extremely well for the future. And just helps to make TO a more desireable place to land for young players. Maybe Toronto won't be a premier target for established free agents, but it may well remain the number 1 location for young players with potential who want to put in the work to hone their craft and follow in the footsteps of Pascal, Freddie, Scotty, Gary, Precious and Boucher and the rest.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
          if anyone wants to get a run in and make some extra coin this week just give the thunder a call.

i keep harping on it but holy shit i just can't get over the shamelessness of these line-ups.

they played some guy named zavier simpson 44 minutes in his first NBA game tonight. georgios kalaitzakis got 43 mins in his 10th when he averages 5 a game. jaylen hoard played 46 in his 4th game of the season.

they played 6 guys all night and the only one i've heard of is isaiah roby.

edit - the cherry on top is that they won because the blazers wanted it less. lol
          It's actually hilarious they're W2. The Thunder, who are an awful team when fully rostered, dress their "B" team against the Suns, a championship contender vs a god awful roster. The B team Thunder win by 19 points! Damnit! So the very next game, they bench ANYONE who played well. Poku? Sit! Maledon? Sit! A. Wiggins? (not that one) Sit! Who are these guys? I dunno, but they beat the Suns! Sit!! So NOW, the awful Thunder have sat their awful starters and their awful bench and have dressed a G League team....aaand they won again. A guy named Jaylen Hoard got 20 and 20. Fuck you guys, you're really fucking up the draft pick.

Tonight, they play Utah. You're gonna staple that ass to the BENCH, Jaylen Hoard!
          Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Apr 6, 2022, 11:56 AM.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

It's actually hilarious they're W2. The Thunder, who are an awful team when fully rostered, dress their "B" team against the Suns, a championship contender vs a god awful roster. The B team Thunder win by 19 points! Damnit! So the very next game, they bench ANYONE who played well. Poku? Sit! Maledon? Sit! A. Wiggins? (not that one) Sit! Who are these guys? I dunno, but they beat the Suns! Sit!! So NOW, the awful Thunder have sat their awful starters and their awful bench and have dressed a G League team....aaand they won again. A guy named Jaylen Hoard got 20 and 20. Fuck you guys, you're really fucking up the draft pick.

Tonight, they play Utah. You're gonna staple that ass to the BENCH, Jaylen Hoard!
            yeah in hindsight playing hungry guys eager to make an impression to other front offices around the league is maybe not the best strategy for their tank, even if they have no business playing in the nba. think they'd be better off sitting SGA and playing the rest of their terrible squad, who are already in cancun mentally.

Comment

• I bet a little bit of money on a 5 game parlay. OKC has really done a number on me this week. Never betting against them again.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I have been smiling all morning. lebron even faked an injury so he didn't have to be on the elimination court
                Not a single person would have believed a lebron, Westbrook and The Brow led team would not even make the play-in.

LOVE IT.
                As a Lebron hater I love it too. Lebron should not be in the discussion with Jordan for best ever.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  This season has been amazing for the growth of different players. Of course Scottie, but he's not the only one. And his growth as a rookie has been phenomenal. What is maybe more surprising has been the next level steps taken by Pascal, Freddie, Boucher, Gary, Precious and OG. Difficult to know how much credit goes to the coaching staff, but obviously a lot. Which takes me onto a different path.

How much better has this organization gotten at developing players? It has had that rep for almost a decade now, but this season's results seem unreal. If players can grow and improve, so can the coaches, and other support staff. And if the development staff are improving at anything like the rate of the players, the Raptors have a true superweapon.

Whatever this season's results, it bodes extremely well for the future. And just helps to make TO a more desireable place to land for young players. Maybe Toronto won't be a premier target for established free agents, but it may well remain the number 1 location for young players with potential who want to put in the work to hone their craft and follow in the footsteps of Pascal, Freddie, Scotty, Gary, Precious and Boucher and the rest.
                  Our assistants who got hired away are doing well too. Nice to see Nurse building that coaching tree, not many coaches are good enough to pull that off.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Our assistants who got hired away are doing well too. Nice to see Nurse building that coaching tree, not many coaches are good enough to pull that off.
                    I see that as a problem.

Every year teams are poaching the Raptors staff and front office by throwing a lot more money at them. The price of success means you end up with brain drain and once again you will need to find unproven NBA front office talent in order to quickly fill up the missing spots.

Money bags U.S.A don't care.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I see that as a problem.

Every year teams are poaching the Raptors staff and front office by throwing a lot more money at them. The price of success means you end up with brain drain and once again you will need to find unproven NBA front office talent in order to quickly fill up the missing spots.

that's what happens with any successful franchise in any sport. i definitely see it as a positive. if people don't view your organization as a stepping stone to reach their own career ambitions, you won't attract the best candidates. you'll have better retention, but less talent. just have to keep making good hires, which the raptors organization seems to do well.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I see that as a problem.

its brain drain if you don't try to promote within and or keep the cupboard stocked up

Comment

• So the Lakers can poach any coach they want now?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            So the Lakers can poach any coach they want now?

Doc River is going to start packing his bags if the 76'ers face the Raptors in a potential first round matchup.

Such an overrated coach, he stills receiving the accolades from getting one championship in Boston on a team feat. Garnett, Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo almost 15 years ago.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Hard to envision Nate getting another shot at an NBA head coaching job.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Hard to envision Nate getting another shot at an NBA head coaching job.
                                Adrian Griffin might get some more interviews this summer.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X