No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope it doesn’t under cut the other assistant coaches. If Nate comes in and he’s already drawing up final plays, that might ruffle some feathers.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

3 years and a raptors championship later and this dude still doesn't get masai did was best for the team, and his job.

If demar didn't wanna be traded he probably should have shown progression against the cavs for 3 years and not regression. We were getting further away it felt like, playoff wise.

A discussion about going forward together over dinner isn't a no trade clause. Kawhi Leonard became possible. End of story.
      It’s getting a bit old. Ya, Masai didn’t handle the situation the best. He shouldn’t have told you wouldn’t be traded. Masai’s apologized on a few occasions for the mistakes he made.

I think DeMar and Dwane feel like the scapegoats, but really they shouldn’t be. Without either of their contributions we wouldn’t have won.

Comment

• This is still going on?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/...K1Ayjbvnw&s=09

how you embed tweets again?

Just quote and you can see how I did it. Click copy link in the share tab on the actual tweet and then copy and paste.
          Last edited by saints91; Tue Oct 19, 2021, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            This is still going on?

any chance we would be given a second rounder?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              I just hope it doesn’t under cut the other assistant coaches. If Nate comes in and he’s already drawing up final plays, that might ruffle some feathers.
              Meh. Nate's already been here and knows Nurse's system inside and out. He's not the newbie, they are. They're gonna have to be ok with it. Nate'll definitely be playing a major role right off the hop I'd imagine.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

any chance we would be given a second rounder?
                Or lose one? Aren’t we implicated in this as well?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Or lose one? Aren’t we implicated in this as well?
                  Potentially. But given the two complaints, the source was probably the Pelicans, so the target team is likely the Heat.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, Fred is eligible for something like this next summer. Whether he wants that or not is not clear, I imagine the Raps would have been happy to give him a long term deal but he took the 3+1, he will likely wait for FA.
                    There are rumblings of a massive new network deal which could send the salary cap soaring. Not sure if the NBA will smooth that or not, but I would imagine that most players (and agents) will be trying to time their next contracts with the cap increase. In that case, Fred would be looking at a potentially much bigger deal than Brogdon.

On a side note, after seeing a 4-5th option, 3&D, like Mikal Bridges get an NBA Finals premium on his new deal, I'm feeling really good about OG's contract.

Comment

• The NBA says 109 international players from 39 countries are on Opening Night rosters, including a record number from Canada (18), Germany (seven) and the Bahamas (three) ... and a record-tying number of players from Nigeria (five).

More NBA from me:
                      Diversity

NBA opening night !
                      You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers

Comment

3 years and a raptors championship later and this dude still doesn't get masai did was best for the team, and his job.

If demar didn't wanna be traded he probably should have shown progression against the cavs for 3 years and not regression. We were getting further away it felt like, playoff wise.

A discussion about going forward together over dinner isn't a no trade clause. Kawhi Leonard became possible. End of story.
                        I'm also starting to get tired of it.

And Masai being a snake couldn't be furthest from the truth. Masai can't tell Demar that there's possibility he will be traded. What if Kawhi's deal didn't work? Then Demar goes into the season knowing they were trying to trade him? And that would be cool with Demar? I doubt it.

Masai also called him, before the media and twitter got hands on news and told him on a phone. I bet you majority of players are listening to this and thinking "bro you got a phone call?"
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Interesting... didn't one of the other staff contribute to the Nate slander by saying he limited access to Nick Nurse?
                          This also shows that both Bonga and Dekker made the team officially. Plus its Tuesday so the roster is set (Monday I believe was the deadline). So I believe that means we are operating in the tax at this point. Could still duck it by the deadline if we wanted to.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

This also shows that both Bonga and Dekker made the team officially. Plus its Tuesday so the roster is set (Monday I believe was the deadline). So I believe that means we are operating in the tax at this point. Could still duck it by the deadline if we wanted to.
                            Looks like their guarantee dates got pushed to the 6th, so we have until then to cut one and duck back to 14 guys and under the tax.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It was a one way loyalty which is strange. Front offices are only loyal to you if you're helping the team win. If you're shitting the bed multiple years in a row, loyalty isn't mutual.

If I recall, Masai had a discussion with the Spurs which went nowhere and then Masai told Demar, you won't be traded, then the talks came back and Demar eventually got traded.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

It was a one way loyalty which is strange. Front offices are only loyal to you if you're helping the team win. If you're shitting the bed multiple years in a row, loyalty isn't mutual.

If I recall, Masai had a discussion with the Spurs which went nowhere and then Masai told Demar, you won't be traded, then the talks came back and Demar eventually got traded.
                                Meh, players get to wrapped up in this "family, loyalty" mafioso shit. Masai was demars boss. When you stop performing at your job for multiple years in a row, it doesn't end well usually.

Its a thing where regular folks and athletes can actually be comparable. When your company talks about "family" and "loyalty", take it with a grain of salt. You're almost all replaceable, and you're only "family" until the day you stop performing your tasks to their standards.

Edit: And not to mention, what if the performance issues went the other way? If Masai was more incompetent, made bad moves, and the Derozan led Raptors were an irrelevant treadmill team? Would the loyalty have been so strong then?
                                Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Oct 19, 2021, 01:28 PM.
                                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X