Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

    Philly and the Nets both have outsized problems with a star player on their roster. How long until they start having talks around trading those star-players-with-problems for each other?
    Not a bad idea. Simmons doesn't need to shoot in BK. Kyrie can play in philly with no vax. BK needs the defense, Philly needs the true superstar scorer to play with embiid.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • KeonClark wrote: View Post

      Not a bad idea. Simmons doesn't need to shoot in BK. Kyrie can play in philly with no vax. BK needs the defense, Philly needs the true superstar scorer to play with embiid.
      Even with Kyrie they likely lose between his disruption and his defense.

      Comment


      • Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

        Even with Kyrie they likely lose between his disruption and his defense.
        I think kyrie is much better than Simmons, and much more what Philly needs. Yes, that goes with the caveat that he's absolutely a head case and a big risk.
        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

        Comment


        • KeonClark wrote: View Post

          I think kyrie is much better than Simmons, and much more what Philly needs. Yes, that goes with the caveat that he's absolutely a head case and a big risk.
          its not even a question Kyrie is WAY better but he is not going to play.

          Comment


          • Jordan Poole lookin like Buddy Hield out there.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

              its not even a question Kyrie is WAY better but he is not going to play.
              But the only places Kyrie cant play is new york and golden state
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • Bjjelija is a great fit on the warriors. knew he could shoot but didnt know he could pass like this
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                Comment


                • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                  its not even a question Kyrie is WAY better but he is not going to play.
                  Lol…nailed it!

                  Kylie Irving is not playing anywhere, so no idiot GM would trade for him until he realizes that planet earth is round

                  While Simmons just hate the guts of Morey, Embiid and Doc Rivers

                  totally different situations
                  You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                  When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                  Comment




                  • Hey Kyrie and Ben….These guys wanted you both swap teams lol
                    You cannot cancel me out dumb dumb, I will always be in that little nugget of yours camping like a mosquito https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/c...ilies/wink.png

                    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers


                    Comment


                    • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                      But the only places Kyrie cant play is new york and golden state
                      and the raptors... and philly is in that division so that adds them playing additional games.. it adds up.. what about for play offs.

                      Comment


                      • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                        and the raptors... and philly is in that division so that adds them playing additional games.. it adds up.. what about for play offs.
                        Pretty sure the Vax requirement only applies for home team players, so if Kyrie was on Philly he could play every game.

                        Comment


                        • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                          and the raptors... and philly is in that division so that adds them playing additional games.. it adds up.. what about for play offs.
                          Naah Unvaxxed can play in T.O. They just arn't allowed to leave the hotel room for anything other then basketball activities. It what Bradley Beal is doing at this very moment
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                          Comment


                          • Primer wrote: View Post

                            Pretty sure the Vax requirement only applies for home team players, so if Kyrie was on Philly he could play every game.
                            No and I don't want to get cussed out again for derailing the conversation into vax conversation but its any player. They focus on home markets because it depends on the market. If you are unvaccinated in California then you are going to have problem playing any games in California not just your home games. Hence why Wiggins got pressure to get the shot most likely. It will be significantly less games that Kyrie will be ineligible for but still quite enough to make it annoying.

                            Playoffs are months away so who the heck knows but right now you run under the current assumption that you will require some sort of proof in order to practise etc etc etc. Look at how many times they play teams in their own division. That would be around 4. He clearly doesn't wanna go through quarantine protocols so that would now add up to at least 8 games that you can't play him for . Again I don't know the rules in Pennsylvania for vaccination requirements. Let us just assume they are more lax for now. Again come playoff time what happens if you face Brooklyn or something, which is a good chance of happening. You would basically risk him not ever playing for a whole series just because he wants to stick to his principals. In which case good for him all respect to him and his choices, but why bring him on your team if you are trading one distraction of a guy not fully buying in and participating for another?

                            Is Kyrie a better player? Yes. Worse defensively but what he brings offensively is elite. He shoots 50/40/90, on a solid volume. So he is the real deal offensively. He is a bit... frankly... how do I put this. He struggles with mental illness. He outlined it himself last year. He may just randomly decide to take a week off for no other reason but because he is struggling at that time. Fair enough all respect but again Philly is under a lot of pressure. They need to make a decision to move forward or move back. I don't think he is the guy you want to bring in especially when you have another star in Philly who really is not going to help. Joel Embiid is ok as a leader. Good on court without question but off the court he is not giving you sound bites that will lead to helping Kyrie buy in. If you are making a trade you are trading for someone who can help you the most. I don't know if its guaranteed that he can help you based on his current mental state. Unfortunately 2k doesn't allow for that in its simulation.

                            I genuinely think it is an interesting idea. I think if both players played it would work for both sides. I think its a big big big big risk. Again I don't think he honestly plays. I also think if traded for you are trading for someone who is very volatile and unfortunately because of his salary and stature as a player you will be trading utilizing one of your "leaders" and bringing in someone who should be a leader but just cannot be that for a team. He works on the nets because he is the third most important guy in the locker room. On the court put KD and James above him as players but again they are all super stars.

                            Side note KD is incredible defensively and doesn't get the credit for it enough.

                            "Visiting players are exempt from the vaccination requirements in NYC and SF."


                            Again though I don't know how that works for every market.
                            Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Oct 20, 2021, 10:55 AM.

                            Comment


                            • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                              Naah Unvaxxed can play in T.O. They just arn't allowed to leave the hotel room for anything other then basketball activities. It what Bradley Beal is doing at this very moment
                              Does Kyrie seem to follow rules?

                              Comment


                              • TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

                                Does Kyrie seem to follow rules?
                                That would be a no

                                He broke covid protocols twice last year for his birthday and his sisters

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X