Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

So what would be the ideal scenario moving forward?

Option 1: Leave Van Vleet, trade rest of core guys to acquire a primary scorer?

Option 2: Trade Van Vleet and pieces to match salaries to acquire a scorer?

Option 3: Leave Fred and Siakam and thread water?

Option 4: Wait for Scottie to develop and hope that he be the Alpha Primary Scorer?

Option 5: Your holier than though take we all wanted to hear?
    If option two comes available then you do that obviously. But I think the key here is you don't just make a trade and shuffle the deck just for the sake of it. I was hoping and still am hoping that Lavine becomes available. So he would be a GREAT piece. Another option may be Beal perhaps, although beal may cost a bit. I don't even know if I think beal would really make that big of a difference for our current team over others I have in mind. The major issue is our guard play is wonky.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Uhh, trade whoever the other team wants to get a superstar. Don't trade guys for the sake of trading guys for anything less than a superstar. Doubt that's Fred, but it also certainly isn't Ben Simmons.
      I assumed you picked Option 5 as always

A follow up question then: Do you have any suggestion of a Superstar who would fit the need/ age timeline/ cap flexibility?

But I agree, Simmons is far from that requirement, he could however be a nice complement.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I assumed you picked Option 5 as always

A follow up question then: Do you have any suggestion of a Superstar who would fit the need/ age timeline/ cap flexibility?

But I agree, Simmons is far from that requirement, he could however be a nice complement.
        Simmons is one option because he is the current star available. Another option may be beal or Lavine depending on how this year goes.

If the Ayton thing because a thing then you go for Ayton. Right now Ayton would be my option one because he is the one that makes the most sense and addresses a huge need and he is a very versatile defender.

Comment

• And right on cue, Ben Simmons is unable to practice or play, due to "back tightness"

The show goes on
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Is Morey's valuation honestly that out of whack? Morey, my man, nobody's giving you a star for Simmons, and the longer he looks a crybaby and doesn't play competitive basketball only depreciates the asset.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Simmons is one option because he is the current star available. Another option may be beal or Lavine depending on how this year goes.

If the Ayton thing because a thing then you go for Ayton. Right now Ayton would be my option one because he is the one that makes the most sense and addresses a huge need and he is a very versatile defender.
                i would want no part of trading for lavine or beal as i wouldn't want us to pay them their max contracts, which they'll certainly expect.

agree with you on ayton, i'd have no qualms about paying him a rookie max extension as he is a young two-way player with tons of upside at a position of need. it's crazy that phoenix won't pay him

Comment

god i hope this does take four years

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i would want no part of trading for lavine or beal as i wouldn't want us to pay them their max contracts, which they'll certainly expect.

agree with you on ayton, i'd have no qualms about paying him a rookie max extension as he is a young two-way player with tons of upside at a position of need. it's crazy that phoenix won't pay him
                    I mean I htink Lavine wants a super max so no.. Super max deals are a way to kill your team and team building ability. Beal I wouldn't mind if its around a 30 mill a year deal that is just flat. or even a decreasing scale. So a front loaded deal. I am actually surprised you don't see more front loaded deals in the NBA.

Ayton would be perfect. That is who we should target. I am not sure what they would want though.

I haven't thought of a deal frame work either. If you get Ayton though it fits both timelines of the team and you could argue that it would be worth giving up picks to get him. With out giving up one of our core it would be tough but the Ayton deal is the type of thing you do in the off season in a sign and trade kind of like Lonzo.

Comment

I mean I htink Lavine wants a super max so no.. Super max deals are a way to kill your team and team building ability. Beal I wouldn't mind if its around a 30 mill a year deal that is just flat. or even a decreasing scale. So a front loaded deal. I am actually surprised you don't see more front loaded deals in the NBA.

Ayton would be perfect. That is who we should target. I am not sure what they would want though.

I haven't thought of a deal frame work either. If you get Ayton though it fits both timelines of the team and you could argue that it would be worth giving up picks to get him. With out giving up one of our core it would be tough but the Ayton deal is the type of thing you do in the off season in a sign and trade kind of like Lonzo.
                      i don't think lavine is eligible unless he makes all-nba this year, which is certainly a possibility. i think beal is eligible and would want one. all of the worst contracts in the league are former supermax's given to the wrong players (which is pretty much everybody who isn't a generational star).

i don't know about a framework for ayton. they'd probably ask for OG and/or barnes and draft compensation, which i wouldn't want to do. i'd do anybody but scottie or OG plus draft compensation though.

Comment

Ayton is not a difference maker. There's a reason all the other top dogs from that class are taken care of.

Comment

Ben should attempt ten three's a game. Let it rain flow killing bricks. The timeline will speed up.

Comment

• Ish Wainwright just signed a 2 way with the Suns!

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Ish Wainwright just signed a 2 way with the Suns!
                              Ish was like "everyone compares me to PJ Tucker, I might as well follow his footsteps"

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Ben should attempt ten three's a game. Let it rain flow killing bricks. The timeline will speed up.
                                Ben will pull a Vince Carter "I no longer dunk" but in his case "I no longer play defence, rebound or pass the ball"

Comment

Working...
                                X