X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Besides internal growth, how's this team supposed to get better? We had Thad and Boucher expiring, they aren't good sign and trade candidates. If we don't sign them, we don't have that cap room to play with. We'll have the mid level, and a second round pick, and I guess the trade market.
    Internal growth has always been the plan. If a good trade comes along go for it, otherwise we wisely assume our lineup consisting of mainly guys in their early 20s will continue to get better. It's not like we have a lot of wasted minutes we could just give to someone new. If anything we're gonna need to get more minutes for Precious.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yup. Brunson = Fred's doppelganger. I called that years ago.
    yes I remembered, I actually wanted to mention it to you after he had a great great game without TJR and Luca, efficient and impactful night

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Brunson 15-25 from the field for 41 points picked up the slack vs. 13 for 30 from Mitchell for 34 points.

As I predicted, this could last up to 7 games with Jazz winning
    Yup. Brunson = Fred's doppelganger. I called that years ago.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Besides internal growth, how's this team supposed to get better? We had Thad and Boucher expiring, they aren't good sign and trade candidates. If we don't sign them, we don't have that cap room to play with. We'll have the mid level, and a second round pick, and I guess the trade market.
    I'd think both Thad and Boucher would be great sign and trade candidates, highly likely to accept unguaranteed second and third years to act as ballast if you are making a trade for a higher salary player. Key will be you'd have to send value along with them to get someone of value back.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    So next year is your last year to really do any sort of asset accumulation. So realistically you should be looking at some form of trade.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Brunson 15-25 from the field for 41 points picked up the slack vs. 13 for 30 from Mitchell for 34 points.

As I predicted, this could last up to 7 games with Jazz winning

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Mavs knock off the Jazz without Luka and Hardaway. That’s 43 ppg out of the lineup. The type is resiliency we were hoping to see from the Raps tonight.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Well, that's intentional. Whoever is negotiating with the Russians wants silence.
    that is some what fair but unfortunate

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Uh, no. Value, silliness and utility is in the eye of the beholder… unless I missed when they appointed DanH as the arbiter of all topics that are allowed to be discussed.

Oh, and let's not pretend that RR posters don't care about this topic. You're speaking entirely for yourself. We had like 3-4 pages of posters saying "Nurse wouldn't be interested in the LA gig, because of X, Y & Z". And we also had posters posts saying "well, Nurse could be enticed because of A, B & C".

That's now a newsworthy discussion worth exploring further. The Celtics reporters did their job and got the quote from Stevens, when he wasn't even named. Raptors reporters dropped the ball when they had the horse's mouth right in front of them. Why are you so intent on defending Raptors beat writers, is what is confusing me.
    I just don't see the big deal. We're throwing around that the media is soft and not doing their jobs because they (like anyone with critical thinking skills) do not buy this clearly false rumour? I mean, whatever floats your boat, but I don't see why it would be confusing when someone defends someone else for doing something that makes perfect sense.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

kind of like how the whole media didn't talk about the Brittney Griner situation going on.
    Well, that's intentional. Whoever is negotiating with the Russians wants silence.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I always wondered why they always give this award to a big. Since 1990 only one guard has won the DPOY award(Payton). That's crazy imo. It's great to see two guards get the recognition this year for a change. Smart gets my vote.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    News reports saying Thad is gonna play. So we'll only be missing Scottie.

If the zebras call a fair game we take this one. Maxey has too cool off right?
    Raptors will come out swinging. It will tell a lot about the Sixers based on how they respond.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

I hope he is careful with that thumb.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X