Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Dude looks like Orlando Magic Shawn Kemp.

WTF...Can we say this guy is a bust.
    Is that Charles Barkleys brother, what the hell happen.
    Eating 2 many Gumbo and Jambalaya..lol..omg.
    Damn...he makes Charles Barkley look slim..this is sad.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Mildly early days but we’re up one in the standings on Giannis and the championship winning Bucks 😎

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

WTF...Can we say this guy is a bust.
        Is that Charles Barkleys brother, what the hell happen.
        Eating 2 many Gumbo and Jambalaya..lol..omg.
        Damn...he makes Charles Barkley look slim..this is sad.
        He isn't a bust but lord he needs to hit a gym. He looks slower. He will be a potential injury waiting to happen for the rest of his career which will make it much more difficult to trade him.

Comment

• The Mavericks say Kristaps Porzingis (low back tightness) will miss his third consecutive game this afternoon against Sacramento.
          Mavs cannot get consistency from KP because how injury prone he is…

But I would rid Boucher/ Dragic and a future 2nd rounder for him

win win for both teams

Raps can get rid of an RFA that I dont think they are willing to re-sign and an aging player who eventually may ask to be traded or bought out

Dallas can rid of a player that is injury prone and acquire a Vet countryman Slovenian of Dragic and a serviceable big less injury prone than KP

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Mavs cannot get consistency from KP because how injury prone he is…

But I would rid Boucher/ Dragic and a future 2nd rounder for him

win win for both teams

Raps can get rid of an RFA that I dont think they are willing to re-sign and an aging player who eventually may ask to be traded or bought out

Dallas can rid of a player that is injury prone and acquire a Vet countryman Slovenian of Dragic and a serviceable big less injury prone than KP

Why would the Raps want an injury prone player like KP who is badly playing and his defense also sucks while making over 30 million a season until 2024?! Its like having Bargnani out there on the perimeter just shooting 3 and doing nothing else! He would be in Nick Nurse dog house in no time and destroy the Raps salary cap in finding a more suitable players. I trust Masai he wouldn't touch that contract.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Why would the Raps want an injury prone player like KP who is badly playing and his defense also sucks while making over 30 million a season until 2024?! Its like having Bargnani out there on the perimeter just shooting 3 and doing nothing else! He would be in Nick Nurse dog house in no time and destroy the Raps salary cap in finding a more suitable players. I trust Masai he wouldn't touch that contract.
              Yes the contract is of a concern. Could possibly be reformatted?

However Raptors can load manage KP and maybe that would make him more durable. He does not have to be a starter and be given that much of a workload like what he had gotten in NY and now in Dallas. At the same time, as I said we rid of a negative in Dragic. As far as Boucher is concerned, we all know he most likely may not be in the long term plans of the Raptors.

Comment

Yes the contract is of a concern. Could possibly be reformatted?

However Raptors can load manage KP and maybe that would make him more durable. He does not have to be a starter and be given that much of a workload like what he had gotten in NY and now in Dallas. At the same time, as I said we rid of a negative in Dragic. As far as Boucher is concerned, we all know he most likely may not be in the long term plans of the Raptors.
                If youre trading players to get rid of them, you dont take on that much contract.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

If youre trading players to get rid of them, you dont take on that much contract.
                  You have to rid salaries to acquire a comparable salary, no?

But I hope you didnt mean the entire salary that he signed because that is already water in the bridge, part of it was already paid by Dallas.

However if you are referring to KP’s remaining contract….after this season, he will be owed $33.8M in 2022-23 and has a player option of $36M in 2023-24. That is it.

If he exercise his P.O., maybe Raps can reformat it when that time
                  comes.

Comment

• Raptors are not going to pay the tax. If they trade Boucher and Dragic it will be to take back less money, not take on even more money. They are about $1.7M in the tax right now.

Like if Sacramento wants to give their young guards more playing time.. maybe a flip of Dragic and Boucher for Hield. Hield makes about $22M. But has a contract that runs until 2024 (so 3 more years, including this one).

I know the Lakers had interest in him but then went after Westbrook instead.

Or Dragic for Eric Gordon and Boucher for a TPE (Dipo's $8M TPE covers it). Might even get a 2RP back to help Houston get out of Gordon's contract.

Raptors need some offensive help. But we have to have guys that can play defense right? Does that have to be a thing for every player?

Comment

You have to rid salaries to acquire a comparable salary, no?

But I hope you didnt mean the entire salary that he signed because that is already water in the bridge, part of it was already paid by Dallas.

However if you are referring to KP’s remaining contract….after this season, he will be owed $33.8M in 2022-23 and has a player option of $36M in 2023-24. That is it.

If he exercise his P.O., maybe Raps can reformat it when that time
                      comes.

Thats it? Thats alot. Youre argument for the trade is we get rid of two players that arent in our future plans to take a flier on a grossly overpaid player with more term than the outgoing players. Thats how bad front offices do business. You take back less money with term, other expirings, and/or picks. Otherwise, just let their contracts expire and move on.

Comment

• There's not really a ton of trades out there, the teams that could take on Dragic would most likely have to buy him out (non playoff teams). Christian Wood is a guy I would chase, even if it means throwing in a pick a couple years from now. They have Sengun and Garuba to develop and Theis that can fill in at the 5. Dragic and a pick for Wood and filler.

I love Heild, but SAC has a ton of PGs. I don't love what Dallas has to offer, Powell, Burke and Brown wouldn't be too bad, but we also don have the roster space for them.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          There's not really a ton of trades out there, the teams that could take on Dragic would most likely have to buy him out (non playoff teams). Christian Wood is a guy I would chase, even if it means throwing in a pick a couple years from now. They have Sengun and Garuba to develop and Theis that can fill in at the 5. Dragic and a pick for Wood and filler.

I love Heild, but SAC has a ton of PGs. I don't love what Dallas has to offer, Powell, Burke and Brown wouldn't be too bad, but we also don have the roster space for them.
                          I like hield because he would potentially not chuck as much as gtj ... but hield sucks defensively. Wood would honestly be worth it and their other picks seem to fit their timeline more than Wood.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            There's not really a ton of trades out there, the teams that could take on Dragic would most likely have to buy him out (non playoff teams). Christian Wood is a guy I would chase, even if it means throwing in a pick a couple years from now. They have Sengun and Garuba to develop and Theis that can fill in at the 5. Dragic and a pick for Wood and filler.

I don't think we'd want Christian Wood. He's that Masai like 6'7-6'8 guy that can bring up the ball and play C. But he's not a defensive player, and we only like defense first guys with his frame/size.

Plus I don't think the Rockets would just trade him for crap. We'd have to give up at least 2 FRP's IMO.

What I was thinking was a guy on a long term deal but making around $18-22M to help offset our tax situation and give a team a way to unload a long term contract by taking on an expiring or two. So not really a basket ball trade but more of a money trade.

That's why I was thinking Eric Gordon or Buddy Hield. But I think Hield would have more value to the Kings then a couple of expiring contracts.

The team that gets Dragic I assume would buy him out and not actually use him this season.

Comment

• Why is everyone trying to fit square pegs into round holes lol... we are but a week into the season, roles, units and rotations are yet to be settled into. We need to find out what we really have before chucking our players overboard and acquiring those we probably know less about than those already here. Give it till December at least, please.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Thats it? Thats alot. Youre argument for the trade is we get rid of two players that arent in our future plans to take a flier on a grossly overpaid player with more term than the outgoing players. Thats how bad front offices do business. You take back less money with term, other expirings, and/or picks. Otherwise, just let their contracts expire and move on.
                                He could be the oft-injured AD situation trade to LA from the Pelicans. Not exactly the same circumstances but just focusing on how Mr. Glass went to a better situation and thrive.

I know the financial implications and may just hurt the Raptors but we just never know how it would turn out. Nothing is set in stone.

We discuss these scenarios for the fun of it in this forum. After all we dont write the checks.

Just like posters would toot their horns about how they were so right in saying that Birch should have started instead of Precious. Or how another poster was so adamant that Svi should be a better starter than GTJ.

who would have thought Barnes is this good.

why we are all here and why those who make decisions are where they are…

Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Oct 31, 2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X