No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron has a body of Karl Malone with point guard skills. Lebron would've been fine.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

LeBron would have gone off for 50 every time he played Lambeer. You are severely underestimating how much of an athletic advantage LeBron has over someone like Lambeer.
      Not to mention he's been playing with grown men since he was 18. He's taken plenty of cheap shots and hard fouls in his time so I don't think that would be an issue.

Comment

LeBron would have gone off for 50 every time he played Lambeer. You are severely underestimating how much of an athletic advantage LeBron has over someone like Lambeer.
        I agree advantage in terms of speed/shooting, but he shies away from contact so.........Also the Pistons played team defense......

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Not to mention he's been playing with grown men since he was 18. He's taken plenty of cheap shots and hard fouls in his time so I don't think that would be an issue.
          Maybe you need to watch some old Pistons games......it's at a whole different level.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

When you let your kindergartener pick his outfit and he chooses his moms sweater
            Saw him in an interview and he cam across as a decent chap and understated too ... so I was a bit surprised to see him flash these duds ... may have been a Halloween dressup.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Saw him in an interview and he cam across as a decent chap and understated too ... so I was a bit surprised to see him flash these duds ... may have been a Halloween dressup.
              Nah sometimes these guys take those eccentric Paris runway shows they attend a little too literally.

You can still be a decent chap even if you dress like a who from whoville.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

One has to have extra pair of balls to go up and dominate the bad boys Pistons. Lol
                No, LeBron wouldn't be able to score 50 , or even 25 on the Pistons. Especially in that era where 3 point shooting wasn't the norm.
                I could see him facilitating more instead of scoring.
                Certain teams have this effect on players, like how the Raps have Curry's number.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Maybe you need to watch some old Pistons games......it's at a whole different level.
                  I'm in my mid 40's, I've watched some Pistons games in my time as well

Comment

• The idea that Bill Lambier punching LeBron in the gut would slow him down is hilarious. Lebron would absolutely dominate any era just like he has done the last 20 years. He's one of the most gifted athletes of all time and as skilled as almost anyone in the game today and as much as everyone whines about how he doesn't have the mentality of Jordan or Kobe, he has been the single most effective player in important games over his entire career, and he's been the best bet by an incredible margin in terms of team success AND playoff success. The whole "back in my day" thing is honestly just pathetic. Bill Lambier. LOL. The guy would get played off the floor in 3 minutes if Lebron put him in the pick and roll or attacked him off the dribble.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      The idea that Bill Lambier punching LeBron in the gut would slow him down is hilarious. Lebron would absolutely dominate any era just like he has done the last 20 years. He's one of the most gifted athletes of all time and as skilled as almost anyone in the game today and as much as everyone whines about how he doesn't have the mentality of Jordan or Kobe, he has been the single most effective player in important games over his entire career, and he's been the best bet by an incredible margin in terms of team success AND playoff success. The whole "back in my day" thing is honestly just pathetic. Bill Lambier. LOL. The guy would get played off the floor in 3 minutes if Lebron put him in the pick and roll or attacked him off the dribble.
                      People just don't like LBJ and never will. His personality brushes a lot of people the wrong way. Can't put my finger on it.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        The idea that Bill Lambier punching LeBron in the gut would slow him down is hilarious. Lebron would absolutely dominate any era just like he has done the last 20 years. He's one of the most gifted athletes of all time and as skilled as almost anyone in the game today and as much as everyone whines about how he doesn't have the mentality of Jordan or Kobe, he has been the single most effective player in important games over his entire career, and he's been the best bet by an incredible margin in terms of team success AND playoff success. The whole "back in my day" thing is honestly just pathetic. Bill Lambier. LOL. The guy would get played off the floor in 3 minutes if Lebron put him in the pick and roll or attacked him off the dribble.
                        It's clear you never watched these games, more like lambeer would have had lebron crying on the bench after his first attempt at within 10 feet of the basket. And if he went around lambeer Rodman or Mahorn was waiting to knock you down as a common foul. They weren't waiting to bump you as you shot, they were straight up knocking you to the ground.

I'm not saying lebron has no skill, he in fact does, but the physicality of the game back then was football vs flag football now.

Also for me at least, I see mj as giving 100% almost all the time to get where he was, where as, at least from the outside, lebron looks like he's on cruise control half the game. Could he have been the goat? Sure, he had the skills set to do it.......but did he?
                        Last edited by Dvdvideo; Wed Nov 24, 2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

It's clear you never watched these games, more like lambeer would have had lebron crying on the bench after his first attempt at within 10 feet of the basket. And if he went around lambeer Rodman or Mahorn was waiting to knock you down as a common foul. They weren't waiting to bump you as you shot, they were straight up knocking you to the ground.

I'm not saying lebron has no skill, he in fact does, but the physicality of the game back then was football vs flag football now.

Also for me at least, I see mj as giving 100% almost all the time to get where he was, where as, at least from the outside, lebron looks like he's on cruise control half the game. Could he have been the goat? Sure, he had the skills set to do it.......but did he?
                          I can agree that the later stages of Lebron's career has been lifted by the reduced physicality of the league. That said, he is massive. I think a young lebron up to miami to the last cleveland title would have dominated just the same. He would struggle with running "his offense" because there was less emphasis on the 3 point shot so his deadly spread outs to shooters would be reduced but he would still be dominant. I still think MJ from a raw skill aspect would be undisputed.

Comment

• I'm a huge MJ stan so he's my GOAT. Nobody knocks him down.. but man Lebron would have kicked ass in the 80's and 90's. He's as big as Malone or Barkley but just has way more skill than both (and Barkley was skilled for a big man). I don't think he'd have problems with the Pistons.

Lebron is a point forward and would play point forward in the NBA. He does most of his damage by getting others involved. But if Charles or Karl could succeed, than so could Lebron. Besides he'd be juiced up as well. Lebron would be massive if he played in the early 90's.

Agents and teams though had way more power back then. So the one thing Lebron would struggle with is being able to create his own team. That leverage didn't exist. He'd have to play ball with his owner/gm which would make things harder on him. Or maybe that would make things easier. He's had success in the league, but he's not a great manager. Look at his current team for example.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I'm a huge MJ stan so he's my GOAT. Nobody knocks him down.. but man Lebron would have kicked ass in the 80's and 90's. He's as big as Malone or Barkley but just has way more skill than both (and Barkley was skilled for a big man). I don't think he'd have problems with the Pistons.

Lebron is a point forward and would play point forward in the NBA. He does most of his damage by getting others involved. But if Charles or Karl could succeed, than so could Lebron. Besides he'd be juiced up as well. Lebron would be massive if he played in the early 90's.

Agents and teams though had way more power back then. So the one thing Lebron would struggle with is being able to create his own team. That leverage didn't exist. He'd have to play ball with his owner/gm which would make things harder on him. Or maybe that would make things easier. He's had success in the league, but he's not a great manager. Look at his current team for example.

Lets not forget that when Lebron made superteams, it was in response to the superteams already around. The Celtics were stacked. Those Spurs were stacked. And then the Warriors in the late 2010's.

Once Bird and Magic left, MJ never had to play against teams with 3 or 4 hall of famers, his team was always the most stacked team already in the mid 90s.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lets not forget that when Lebron made superteams, it was in response to the superteams already around. The Celtics were stacked. Those Spurs were stacked. And then the Warriors in the late 2010's.

Once Bird and Magic left, MJ never had to play against teams with 3 or 4 hall of famers, his team was always the most stacked team already in the mid 90s.
                                Player empowerment wasn't as big back then.

Does MJ having the best teams every season speak more about his dominance or the league?

Comment

Working...
                                X