Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Does anybody around the league like Delano Banton as much as we like Delano Banton lol? I mean sure he's been a fan favorite and a nice early season surprise, but his numbers are very small and he's a 22 year old late 2nd rounder, I don't think we should pen him in as the future star PG some seem to see him as
    It's one of those, I trust Masai moments. If he trades him I'll trust Masai if he keeps him I'll trust Masai lol
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He could be anything, even a Myles Turner!

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Does anybody around the league like Delano Banton as much as we like Delano Banton lol? I mean sure he's been a fan favorite and a nice early season surprise, but his numbers are very small and he's a 22 year old late 2nd rounder, I don't think we should pen him in as the future starting PG some seem to see him as
        Hes a fan favorite because hes a homegrown Toronto boy that got drafted by the Raptors. He has potential, but if he gets traded, I wouldn't be too upset.

Comment

Does anybody around the league like Delano Banton as much as we like Delano Banton lol? I mean sure he's been a fan favorite and a nice early season surprise, but his numbers are very small and he's a 22 year old late 2nd rounder, I don't think we should pen him in as the future star PG some seem to see him as
          Yeah, I like him as a fan favourite, I like his upside and length at the PG position, but if we're saying Delano Banton is pretty much untouchable... I think that's probably over valuing his upside and the value of his popularity. I suspect Masai wouldn't over value those things though

Comment

• I'm not putting banton on a turner deal either. Turner is a good defensive anchor but he's not a tide-turner either (pardon the pun). These packages of multiples picks and and young prospects are what you get for all-star players, and Turner is not that.

I'd go Flynn, Achiuwa and a well protected first, plus Dragic as ballast and that would be it for me. Achiuwa is also a good defensive big, just not as bulky and still developing (which would be good for what Indy is trying to do)

Comment

• Might get roasted for this, but I'd pass on acquiring Dame - he's eligible for a 2-year $106M extension (and obviously wants it) this off-season. That extension would cover the 2025 and 2026 seasons - so you could be paying him $50M+ a year when he's over 35.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                Might get roasted for this, but I'd pass on acquiring Dame - he's eligible for a 2-year $106M extension (and obviously wants it) this off-season. That extension would cover the 2025 and 2026 seasons - so you could be paying him $50M+ a year when he's over 35.
                no you won't get roasted. He will already cost 44 mill per year on average. I would say hard pass.

Comment

• If the Pacers are rebuilding, they might take Dragic, Flynn, 2nd and cash for Turner.

They get to shed salary, a young prospect and second round pick.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                    Might get roasted for this, but I'd pass on acquiring Dame - he's eligible for a 2-year $106M extension (and obviously wants it) this off-season. That extension would cover the 2025 and 2026 seasons - so you could be paying him $50M+ a year when he's over 35.
                    Ya, Dame is not in our time line. Turner is at least 25, somewhere in the middle of Fred and Pascal and the rest of the young guys.

Comment

• We don't need the kawhi blueprint this time, the "final piece" being a superstar savior from outside. This time we're banking on the main piece being the 20 year old that's here.

So no, myles turner, and many others, won't "put us over the top", but they would sure as hell help build around the guy that we're hoping puts us over the top eventually.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Does anybody around the league like Delano Banton as much as we like Delano Banton lol? I mean sure he's been a fan favorite and a nice early season surprise, but his numbers are very small and he's a 22 year old late 2nd rounder, I don't think we should pen him in as the future starting PG some seem to see him as
                        I think the better question is: does any fanbase love Myles Turner as much as Raptors fans love Myles Turner?

Other options lusted after: Richaun Holmes, bring back Ibaka, Gasol & JV, trade Lowry for Zubac, draft Neemia Queta,....

Scarred by Baynes is probably the correct answer here .

Comment

• A starting lineup of Turner, Siakam, OG, Freddie, and Scottie would be huge. It also would move Precious, Birch and Gary to the bench rotation.

Actually come to think of it: Would you do Turner straight up for Gary?

I think we need more guard depth personally, so I would try not to.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                            I'd go Flynn, Achiuwa and a well protected first, plus Dragic as ballast and that would be it for me. Achiuwa is also a good defensive big, just not as bulky and still developing (which would be good for what Indy is trying to do)
                            That looks like a fair offer. I think Turner might get undervalued a bit. He's one of the top few shot blockers in the league and shoots the 3 very well for a legit 5, all while giving us size that we don't currently have on the roster.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think the better question is: does any fanbase love Myles Turner as much as Raptors fans love Myles Turner?

Other options lusted after: Richaun Holmes, bring back Ibaka, Gasol & JV, trade Lowry for Zubac, draft Neemia Queta,....

Scarred by Baynes is probably the correct answer here .

Based on some Pacer fans on reddit, they'd rather keep Myles and trade Sabonis. Myles is easier to build with. You kind of have to build around Sabonis considering he needs the ball to be effective and he isn't a good defender.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Based on some Pacer fans on reddit, they'd rather keep Myles and trade Sabonis. Myles is easier to build with. You kind of have to build around Sabonis considering he needs the ball to be effective and he isn't a good defender.
                                fine, we will take Sabonis for the same package. Done deal

Comment

Working...
                                X