Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

when i looked at it niether sabonis or turner are all stars they in that potential tier like pascal and OG but in order for this defence to shine or perimeter needs to extend which means we need someone back their calling plays, it goes without saying that person needs to tim protect.

the defence we ran with gasol we kept him in the middle and let the other guys run around so our length now should be good enough.

centers seem to not have great value in trades now a days and indiana is not at the level they traditionally been at like the celtics always in the conversation.

i watched indiana for alot of years and what type of players they go after in the draft or trades.They love real point guards Flynn would definitely be in a indiana trade talk as well as Fred. they traded for ron artest so OG would on their list of guys. yes I can see precious but that would be more to make up for the lose of turner. And they draft so well so they would value a draft pick first or second. I am just thinking this out as I type they love point guards and they need a leader badly Fred would be the target if i was them…
    Eventually this team will need another player who is much taller with a higher vantage point and who can defer more to Scottie in facilitating and setting up plays.

Shai has length who has a quick step with range from deep.

The Giannis and Jrue partnership is a very good example.

GTJ he is still very young but with repetitions and experience, he can become this team’s clutch three point shooter. He has length to defend wings

we will find out if they make a play for Shai….eventually OKC may need a vet with playoff and championship experience to guide Dort/ Giddey and the rest of their young core, enter VanVleet.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Eventually this team will need another player who is much taller with a higher vantage point and who can defer more to Scottie in facilitating and setting up plays.

GTJ he is still very young but with repetitions and experience, he can become this team’s clutch three point shooter. He has length to defend wings

we will find out if they make a play for Shai….eventually OKC may need a vet with playoff and championship experience to guide Dort/ Giddey and the rest of their young core, enter VanVleet.
      This team needs veteran leadership too though.
      Fred is doing that to Scottie, the way Kyle mentored him.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

This team needs veteran leadership too though.
        Fred is doing that to Scottie, the way Kyle mentored him.
        That’s why I thought initially, any move can wait until the end of the season.

However, if a great opportunity presents itself, I am sure Masai and Bobby will pull the trigger. Shai is an example of a young piece that they may not pass up. So are some of the young bigs out there who may be available with the same timeline as my trio core.

In the first place, winning is not the priority and treading water to survive a play-in and get bounced in the first round is not what Masai would have wanted.

I thought they missed the boat on Jarrett Allen last season but we may not have gotten Scottie as well.

They have to make moves that matches the age of Scottie/ OG and GTJ, that has been by stance.

But hey, just like my persistent push to give Scottie increased touches, learning to be the leader to a young core can just be added to his ever growing resume. He is a very good enough talent to take all these responsibilities.

Down the road, if they hang on to either Siakam or Van Vleet, they will eventually have to make a choice.
        Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Dec 9, 2021, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• https://www.tsn.ca/josh-lewenberg-ho...ions-1.1732363
          The Raptors have had “their eyes on” both of Indiana’s bigs for years, according to a league source; Turner in particular. It’s not hard to see the fit.
          Sounds like trade deadline could be fun

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I don't disagree with that. They can't tank for every they need something. I think FVV and GTJ for Shai and a few picks I don't know the filler salary to make it work though. Unless Favors exercises his option. Can they move Kemba's salary even though he doesn't play there any more and was waived?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              https://www.tsn.ca/josh-lewenberg-ho...ions-1.1732363
              Sounds like trade deadline could be fun
              Turner can keep the seat warm until Scottie recruits Mobley in 2027.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

yes please

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Cade can come too and form the new Wade, Lebron, Bosh.

Comment

• raps cancel practice today out of caution for covid. Wonder who tested positive? someone on OKC or wizards. Or a staff member?
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• No need to practice more of their collapsing and overhelping defense….they already perfected it against one of the worse team in the league

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        raps cancel practice today out of caution for covid. Wonder who tested positive? someone on OKC or wizards. Or a staff member?
                        Well time to bring the tank out...

Comment

• Raptors cancel there practice, health protocol..lol..Indiana also, maybe covid trade in the works ...Fear is a beautiful thing, all the sheep will follow..
                          Year 2035..booster shot 1001, our society is a joke. I guess ppl don't get any flu anymore, it's covid, common cold..it's covid, running nose..it's covid..lol..
                          Sheep keep taking that poison.
                          Safety protocol..my @#@, after watching that game last night, maybe the covid thing might be a blessing. U know what take the whole year off, take a break, u guys deserve it,enjoy some sun, get out T.O..go 2 some where where it's hot..maybe Tampa ..lol.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Not sure if you’re joking but a bit odd that Toronto and Indy are the two teams doing this the day the Turner story comes out. The only other connection I could think of is that the pacers just played the Knicks yesterday and we play the Knicks tomorrow. But that wouldn’t work both ways. Hmmmm

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              Not sure if you’re joking but a bit odd that Toronto and Indy are the two teams doing this the day the Turner story comes out. The only other connection I could think of is that the pacers just played the Knicks yesterday and we play the Knicks tomorrow. But that wouldn’t work both ways. Hmmmm
                              Sounds like a staff member for one of the two teams might have had a case or a close contact so the teams are skipping practice until test results come back to be safe. Grange had some stuff on his twitter.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Unless the Raps cancelled a practice in New York today. That would make sense if there was a contact in the Knicks visiting practice facility then both the pacers and Raps would shit things down. But I would think the Raps are still in Toronto. Anybody know? Tinfoil hat is firmly in position

Comment

Working...
                                X