Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post
    according to the pelicans beat writer on the lowe post yesterday, zion already got down to last years playing weight from the 330 lbs he was reportedly up to earlier this year.

getting down to the 250 or 260 lbs that hotshot is calling for in not possible for a dude with his frame. he was listed at 285 lbs at duke, and that guy did not need to lose anything. maybe he needs to try to be less explosive.

anyhow i agree with trex, the guy is a historically efficient force of nature when healthy. cannot be a bust by any definition i would use.
    I guess bust is different person to person. If Greg Oden is considered a bust, Zion could be too, although he still has a shot to turn it around. Oden was insanely talented and very good when he got a chance to play.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      after the nets game i am changing how i look at this season and the future. fred OG pascal are not the future. they are simply stop gaps like that jalen rose,’chris bosh team or rudy gay demar team.

barnes yuta banton is only players i will focus my attention on
      did you know that yuta is the same age as fred vanvleet and pascal siakam?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I guess bust is different person to person. If Greg Oden is considered a bust, Zion could be too, although he still has a shot to turn it around. Oden was insanely talented and very good when he got a chance to play.
        yeah i wouldn't call oden a bust either, though zion last year was already better than oden could have ever been even if he stayed healthy, imo (although yes they are very different players and oden was obviously a two-way player.)

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

did you know that yuta is the same age as fred vanvleet and pascal siakam?
          i dont look at age as a factor. all thegeb guys may be on the team in a few years who knows. scottie barnes is our core memeber that i know for sure.

the word of the day is silver linings

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Both Joel and Zion appear to have never met a cheesburger that they didn't like.
            This kid has been hurt every year since he left high school.
            A big man with bad knees and bad feet carrying too much weight.
            Its Defcon 2 now in Nawlins.
            Lots of people were calling this when he was drafted but the NBA hype machine (i.e. ESPN and assorted NBA "media") were in full swing. He's almost certainly going to have to change his game but who knows how that plays out. It's tough for NO cause he looks really good when he's able to play.

Comment

• Nothing to really hang your hat on with that 2019 draft class. Ja is good, but Memphis is like 9-1 without him and have a point differential of 22 or something without him.. 15 if you don't include that 70 point drubbing.

RJ isn't really doing much in NY either. Hunter is always hurt. I do like Garland though. He's really good.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                after the nets game i am changing how i look at this season and the future. fred OG pascal are not the future. they are simply stop gaps like that jalen rose,’chris bosh team or rudy gay demar team.

barnes yuta banton is only players i will focus my attention on
                Yuta?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just last year people were calling Zion a smaller Shaq. Now all of a sudden he's a bust? nah he's just injury prone.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Deja vu all over again. Holy fuck.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

The future is foreseeable!
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Deja vu all over again. Holy fuck.

They just want you to get their boosters.
                        Omicron's effects are minimal.
                        Unvaxxed patients recover in 3 days.
                        Vaxxed are virtually immune

Comment

• If you use the 1st pick in the draft on a guy, and he barely ever plays and guys taken after him contribute massively to winning. That guy is a BUST capitals because it's true. The whole he played a few games really good argument is dumb as hell. You wasted a once in a lifetime pick on a guy who contributed absolutely nothing to your franchise and set you back by a decade or more. Kwame contributed far more to winning in the NBA than oden or zion ever have and likely ever will. If your definition of bust doesn't include court time and team wins then it's a worthless definition no GM should ever listen to. We all knew these guys were injury prone pre draft and therefore high bust potential. They took the risk and got a BUST!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                            If you use the 1st pick in the draft on a guy, and he barely ever plays and guys taken after him contribute massively to winning. That guy is a BUST capitals because it's true. The whole he played a few games really good argument is dumb as hell. You wasted a once in a lifetime pick on a guy who contributed absolutely nothing to your franchise and set you back by a decade or more. Kwame contributed far more to winning in the NBA than oden or zion ever have and likely ever will. If your definition of bust doesn't include court time and team wins then it's a worthless definition no GM should ever listen to. We all knew these guys were injury prone pre draft and therefore high bust potential. They took the risk and got a BUST!
                            100%
                            A bust is anyone who didn't perform according to expectations based on any factors, injury included.
                            There are reasons why good players fall in drafts, like OG or MPJ.
                            Embiid wasn't picked 1st due to his injury in college.

Comment

• Oh boy, if we are getting healthy I am SO EXCITED.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Deja vu all over again. Holy fuck.

Back to Tampa! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X