Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    It doesnt always mutate into a less severe virus. Either way say 1/10 end up in hospital compared to delta. Thats great but what if infects 50 x more people?

and i dont know how anyone can say you cant out vax this thing. Clearly you can. I got vax coz i dont want to be in the hospital unable to see my kids and hear ok bill we’re gonna put you on a ventilator now good luck. That would be the worst regret ever. The vax was to stay out of hospital and its been very good at that.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/beta.ctv...1_5681069.html
    Relatives of mine refused to vaccinate and got sick. Lost taste and everything. Tragic. But at least they alive.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Relatives of mine refused to vaccinate and got sick. Lost taste and everything. Tragic. But at least they alive.
      But who's to say the exact same thing wouldn't have happened even if they had the vaccination? You can't

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think its going to be steep for O.G. Birch should fill right back into his role fairly easily. Precious is going to have to find where he fits but that more Nicks problem. Does he start? come off the bench? Play with Yuta, Banton and Scottie in a run and gun bench unit.
        O.G might take longer. When he was playing it was without Pascal, many times was the number 1 scorer when he got hot. Now Scottie has gotten better and more responsibility since he has been gone, pascal ramping up to where he was, Gary has the green light to take shots and when hes hot let it fly. O.G role was always going to be the difficult one to figure out of the main guys.
        Sure he could go back to being our top wing defender and shooting corner 3s, but i think he showed enough that he has improved as a scorer and ball handler. He deserves to keep getting more chances with that.

It may come down to Him and Gary battling for offensive possesions. ....
        I'm with you on this. I think we need to give the team minimum 4 games before we really know what the rest of the season might look like. Of course, OG, Precious, Delano and Birch have been on the bench watching, Just getting back into the flow will take a few games, but it is going to be good to have those extra bodies and their skills.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

But who's to say the exact same thing wouldn't have happened even if they had the vaccination? You can't
          I can. But whatever. Do you.

Comment

I can. But whatever. Do you.
            I'm not trying to be difficult, but your statement is pure speculation. Insinuating they are worse off because they didn't get vaccinated. I know people who have lost family members who were vaccinated. And I know people who tested positive with no vaccinations and were fine. There is no definite answer for any of this.
            Last edited by Fuchan; Fri Dec 17, 2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I'm not trying to be difficult, but your statement is pure speculation. Insinuating they are worse off because they didn't get vaccinated. I know people who have lost family members who were vaccinated. And I know people who tested positive with no vaccinations and were fine. There is no definite answer for any of this.
              Ok. You are right.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is bad, bad for the raps and bad for the nba. They should be fined by the nba if they are healthy and can play. If they don't make an example every team will do this all year long.......

Comment

• Raptors are a day off team. Let the bench beat them

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      Raptors are a day off team. Let the bench beat them
                      Please, the gs bench is going to get destroyed.

Comment

• To be fair, with the rise in cases throughout the NBA and in Toronto, if any of the Warriors' players or staff get COVID in a different country, they're kinda screwed with quarantine and all that.

In reality, Steph, Draymond and Wiggins are probably using all the COVID stuff going around as an excuse to rest and not travel to a different country so the NBA can't say or do anything.

Comment

Ok. You are right.
                          Glad your relatives are ok

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            To be fair, with the rise in cases throughout the NBA and in Toronto, if any of the Warriors' players or staff get COVID in a different country, they're kinda screwed with quarantine and all that.

In reality, Steph, Draymond and Wiggins are probably using all the COVID stuff going around as an excuse to rest and not travel to a different country so the NBA can't say or do anything.
                            If you go by that arguement, there has been and will be many times where the raptors would not have or will not travel to u.s. yet they still.go.

Comment

So here is the thing. Let us just layout facts right now.

You can still test positive for an antibody test for covid with the vaccine. Your risk of severe infection is dramatically reduced. The risk of it spreading throughout your body or lungs specifically is significantly reduced. So you may get a mild case but nothing serious with vaccination. Without vaccination, you have a much higher chance of getting severely ill. Even if its not death it is severe. This is why people shouldn't focus on the case rate but instead should focus on the hospitalization rate. THEN dig deeper and see how many people have been vaccinated within the hospitalization rate (the vast majority of the data supports the notion that vaccinated people are significantly less likely to be hospitalized). That paints a big picture.

Have public health officials fumbled the bag with their communication etc? I personally feel so. Masking indoors can help if its done properly but outdoors the data shows it's inconclusive. Sure. Vaccines do their job. The mRNA vaccine technology is absolutely incredible. Heck, I wish I could just talk about that because the technology combined with new isolation techniques discovered at U of T actually... could help us to limit the chance of dying from the vast majority of cancers to zero. On a side note wear sunscreen and hats in the summer there is no reason for anyone to die from skin cancer. Most preventable cancer out there. This mRNA technology is insanely great. It wasn't communicated well or explained well to everyone because science is not the most... accessible and finding good scientific communicators is one of the most challenging things to find.

Public decisions were made that were not necessarily good decisions. Like travel bans. In general the bans, other than the one VERY early on (which wasn't done soon enough it should have been done 2 months prior), aren't effective and actually make it harder for public health/ infectious disease workers to get to the countries that they need to get to contribute supplies and aid necessary. Public officials made certain decisions with science and others without science. This is why we probably need more interdisciplinary approaches moving forward regardless of the issue at hand. Will it happen? Who knows. Probably not.

Heck without all of the courses and work that I have personally done I probably would have a significantly reduced understanding of this stuff. So I get it. BUT that doesn't mean that one can't improve their understanding if they want.

There is even an argument to say only people in specific groups should be vaccinated with a booster. But majority of people should be vaccinated even as a risk-reward calculation.

We can go into all of the reasons for vaccine hesitancy but I would prefer not. There are a NUMBER of reasons for it to exist. Some fair and valid others are not. At the end of the day the vaccines are doing their job well and we now have technology as well as build manufacturing to better respond to these problems in the future. Can't complain about that. ESPECIALLY as a Canadian.

Taking a vaccine given that you have honestly gone into the data, and understand it doesn't make you a sheep. Those type of statements typically indicate someone who is just sad about society and sad about things that go beyond this situation. Although, those things could be exacerbated by the current situation. I don't get mad at a person like that the best I can do is be empathetic and understand.

MixxAor - hope your family is doing alright.

Now can we get back to talking about basketball please.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Please, the gs bench is going to get destroyed.
                                good reason to start the climb back to 500 ball I suppose

Comment

Working...
                                X