X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any word on when preseason happens?

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
      nba.com aslo indicates "Scotiabank Arena" as the location for the home games:

https://www.nba.com/raptors/schedule/
      I've decided to modify a suggestion from another poster and call it the Scottie Barn.

Comment

Winters would be brutal without ball

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I've decided to modify a suggestion from another poster and call it the Scottie Barn.
          I’m gonna give Scottie some time to earn that one but I love it.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Any word on when preseason happens?
            Sept 27 but location tbd. I would assume it’s in Toronto to avoid extra travel (even if it’s within Canada). That would be a great way to get a dry run at getting the arena up and running again for preseason games.

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
              The ability to play outside was the only thing I could think of. That’s what I thought was the hold up.
              The chance that Delta has a big impact in the fall is likely the main reason.

Comment

TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I like the Scottie Barnes' Arena better.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

I like the Scottie Barnes' Arena better.
                  Maybe the reason we drafted Scotty was because of Scotia being the arena sponsor. Major marketing opportunities there.

It’s all adding up now.

Comment

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      We can whine about this other years (not that that's what you're doing), but this is well deserved this year. We were a tanking lottery team that didn't even make the play-in tournament last season. Gotta earn the way back up. Still more national games than about 1/3 of the league though.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

We can whine about this other years (not that that's what you're doing), but this is well deserved this year. We were a tanking lottery team that didn't even make the play-in tournament last season. Gotta earn the way back up. Still more national games than about 1/3 of the league though.
                        The Clippers and the Heat can probably both make a case for being disrespected, though (though each does have at least a modest amount of games.)

Comment

That and we’re not really in the nation for nationally televised games. I wish CBC or CTV would carry games. Year one was the best - every game on CityTV. Didnt even need cable

Comment

I wonder how many national games NOP had when they drafted Zion. .... Zero respect for Cade, Green, Mobley. NBA's not interested in marketing those young, future stars, I guess. (I'm not petitioning for them. Their teams are gonna play some ugly basketball this year. Just notable.)

All 82 of our games will be nationally televised. In the nation that matters.

Comment

Ya, it’s not a big deal, I do like listening to different crews instead of Matt and Jack/Leo though, I used to have NBA League pass for that reason.

I bet it matters to players a bit though.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Ya, it’s not a big deal, I do like listening to different crews instead of Matt and Jack/Leo though, I used to have NBA League pass for that reason.

I bet it matters to players a bit though.
                                The additional exposure does matter for player endorsements, of which the agents usually get a cut. So all things being equal, they might encourage their clients to go to the primetime markets. I believe that some shoe deals used to increase/decrease depending upon the market the player ends up in. Not sure if that's still true, but that is really an unfair situation when you consider there is no cap on endorsements and it can sometimes dwarf an elite player's NBA salary.

Comment

Working...
                                X