Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

What was it he came up with?
    Was looking for the press conference again.. it's on youtube but it got cut off right when Grange was asking the question.

I don't want to really screw up what he said here as I'll butcher it I'm sure. But being a max player isn't all that is needed to be "the man". There was an unspoken pecking order of "voice" in the locker room. And Kyle was at the top, and it was hard for guys like Pascal or Fred to step into that role of leader in games or outside of games. And so their roles were sometimes difficult to figure out. With Fred it was a bit easier because he shared ball handling duties with Kyle. 50% of the time it would be him, otherwise it would be Kyle. But with Pascal who plays a different position, it was a little tougher at times. He used an example of when Kyle was away and how he and Pascal were able to play more free. And with Kyle gone they now clearly know who will be the natural leaders of the team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Was looking for the press conference again.. it's on youtube but it got cut off right when Grange was asking the question.

I don't want to really screw up what he said here as I'll butcher it I'm sure. But being a max player isn't all that is needed to be "the man". There was an unspoken pecking order of "voice" in the locker room. And Kyle was at the top, and it was hard for guys like Pascal or Fred to step into that role of leader in games or outside of games. And so their roles were sometimes difficult to figure out. With Fred it was a bit easier because he shared ball handling duties with Kyle. 50% of the time it would be him, otherwise it would be Kyle. But with Pascal who plays a different position, it was a little tougher at times. He used an example of when Kyle was away and how he and Pascal were able to play more free. And with Kyle gone they now clearly know who will be the natural leaders of the team.

Fred basically confirmed what Pascal said and what I was saying all season long in game threads about Pascal (and Fred) deferring to Kyle on the court. Fred might be just sticking up for his buddy, but we have seen over and over that 2 high usage guys can easily co-exist, but it's a challenge to keep that 3rd guy in rhythm. In this case, Kyle respected Fred as the 2nd option, but wasn't sold on Pascal. And then you also saw Pascal and Fred go super-aggressive when Lowry was out. I'm surprised nobody else mentioned it, because I could practically feel that tension & dynamic watching from home.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        Seeing Lowry/Butler/Bam together in Miami jerseys - that's a nice trio, ngl. Will be interesting to see if Lowry does his thing as glue guy/leader and brings them all up a level as a team. Hopefully not.
        they will do well come playoff time for sure.

Comment

I'm just going to give Pascal a pass whether he needs one or not. I don't think he is able to replace Kyle as a leader, he's just not a vocal type or the type teammates are going to rally around. He might be more of a Kawhi type of leader in the sense he gets to be the man in terms of shots/possessions.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I'm just going to give Pascal a pass whether he needs one or not. I don't think he is able to replace Kyle as a leader, he's just not a vocal type or the type teammates are going to rally around. He might be more of a Kawhi type of leader in the sense he gets to be the man in terms of shots/possessions.

I think this year is his true evaluation.

random question do you all think Kyrie is vaccinated based on his shirt.

Comment

I posted it in the Training Camp / Preseason thread although it may still be cut off. Did you look on Jump View?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I posted it in the Training Camp / Preseason thread although it may still be cut off. Did you look on Jump View?
                I'll check the thread.. but found the full presser:

Around the 18min mark.

Comment

• Question, do we know if LeBron is fully vaccinated?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    Question, do we know if LeBron is fully vaccinated?
                    he will be

Comment

I found an uncut version on youtube earlier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o3YMt9Un1c

Comment

he will be
                        Lol
                        He would been by now if he wanted it.
                        He knows it doesn't help.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Lol
                          He knows it doesn't help.
                          Still 'doing your own research', eh?

You and Robin Lopez.

(Haven't you been given several warnings on here for spewing ignorance?
                          Maybe stick to your dubious thoughts on basketball. At least your idiocy in that department is harmless.)

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Still 'doing your own research', eh?

You and Robin Lopez.

(Haven't you been given several warnings on here for spewing ignorance?
                            Maybe stick to your dubious thoughts on basketball. At least your idiocy in that department is harmless.)
                            Don't be so afraid of different opinions. He's allowed to believe and say what he wants on here, it's a place to share opinions. "Spewing ignorance... idiocy in that department." Maybe consider your own words when replying to members on here...

Comment

• ”Lol
                              He knows it doesn't help.”

Nah, too many people died.
                              Your wrong. Nothing to see here. Move on…
                              Last edited by meductic; Tue Sep 28, 2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Issac trusted doctors when they operated on his ACL and when he was recovering but virology is where he draws the line. Idiot
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X