Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is exactly it. The exact wording of the CBA is almost irrelevant in these times. The NBA can basically do whatever it wants and unless the PA wants to risk a season cancellation via force majeure (something no one wants but would hurt the players more), they likely wouldn't risk pushing back to the point of going to actual court.
    yeah especially with revenues being down etc etc. bad move on their part to go that direction

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but those ads are going global now because of streaming (legal and illegal). US and local markets are still important, but not like before.

Networks (and advertisers) are trying to figure out exactly how to quantify and monetize this expanded global audience. They know it's really valuable. It's particularly valuable for the biggest brands that want to get a unified branding message out worldwide. That's why ESPN and TNT aren't bitching that much about US ratings.
      Sportsnet's move to produce radio shows on Fan 590 and then make the talk shows available as podcasts and video available as streamable throughout the season (which allows for sponsorships and embedded ads) may be a partial answer that generates additional revenue that easily pays for the cost of making it available online and then some.

Comment

Speaking of CBA, the NBA released this statement:

One has to think they got their legal ducks in a row before firing that shot across the bow.
        And here is yet another example of an alt right white supremicist anti vaxx group.
        NBA players
        Boggles the mind
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is exactly it. The exact wording of the CBA is almost irrelevant in these times. The NBA can basically do whatever it wants and unless the PA wants to risk a season cancellation via force majeure (something no one wants but would hurt the players more), they likely wouldn't risk pushing back to the point of going to actual court.
          Legal agreements only matter when they say things I agree with! If they don't, then the party that wants what I like can do whatever it wants!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Legal agreements only matter when they say things I agree with! If they don't, then the party that wants what I like can do whatever it wants!
            Good job with that reading comprehension.

The whole point is the NBA has a legal sword hanging over the PA's head, so everything is a negotiation. How do you think they managed to play the last season and a half, by sticking to the letter of the CBA? Come on.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

And here is yet another example of an alt right white supremicist anti vaxx group.
              NBA players
              Boggles the mind
              I watched Isaac's interview where he mentioned how he already has developed stronger antibodies having been infected before.
              Recent Israeli studies have proved that so he has a valid point to not get the vax anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...-vaccines/amp/

NBPA would likely consider that argument.
              Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Oct 1, 2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I watched Isaac's interview where he mentioned how he already has developed stronger antibodies having been infected before.
                Recent Israeli studies have proved that so he has a valid point to not get the vax anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...-vaccines/amp/

NBPA would likely consider that argument.
                Well to be fair if you have been infected AND you get a booster shot that combination has shown good efficacy compared to two shots of the vaccine. So there is still an argument for him to get A single shot.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Well to be fair if you have been infected AND you get a booster shot that combination has shown good efficacy compared to two shots of the vaccine. So there is still an argument for him to get A single shot.
                  A single shot of what?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

A single shot of what?
                    vaccine (mrna). I believe the study I am talking about was with moderna but I can go and try and find it if you are interested

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

vaccine (mrna). I believe the study I am talking about was with moderna but I can go and try and find it if you are interested
                      Found it https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01609-4
                      ->"people with immunity gained through infection, one dose typically boosts antibody numbers to levels that are equal to, or often greater than, those found in individuals who have not been infected and have received double doses"

Cited in the article
                      "https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03696-9"

->"The data suggest that immunity in convalescent individuals will be very long lasting and that convalescent individuals who receive available mRNA vaccines will produce antibodies and memory B cells that should be protective against circulating SARS-CoV-2 variants".
                      In terms of against the OG covid.

So while he may be wrong ever so slightly he isn't entirely wrong. There is an argument to say that if you have had natural immunity it may be worth it to just get a single dose. But again check with your own physician. This is not to spread misinformation or anything. BTW Nature is the top top scientific journal in the world. I don't think Isaac read Nature or Science the journals.

Comment

• Gameday. I just know I am going to be ridiculously disappointed in the Raptors performance whatever it is. I am so hyped up my expectations are that they completely destroy Philly, forcing the franchise to shut down and be dismantled. I doubt if that will actually happen though.

Realistically I just hope we see 15 - 20 minutes of Scottie, I hope Precious shows well, and we see some good Goran and OG.
                        Last edited by Puffer; Mon Oct 4, 2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Gameday. I just know I am going to be ridiculously disappointed in the Raptors performance whatever it is. I am so hyped up my expectations are that they completely destroy Philly, forcing the franchise to shut down and be dismantled. I doubt if that will actually happen though.

Realistically I just hope we see 15 - 20 minutes of Scottie, I hope Precious shows well, and we see some goof Goran and OG.
                          You will definitely see scottie.

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure that the CBA language favors the players. There's something called a "Force Majeure" clause which allows the NBA to forgo payment of player salaries (something like 1/96 of annual salary) per game cancelled due to un-predictabe events beyond their control. Not sure if this fits the definition of cancelled game, but epidemics are typically within the Force Majeure category (wars, famine, earthquakes, epidemics, disasters, etc...). The CBA was already operating under that clause during the bubble and last season.
                            Pretty much what I was expecting. The NBA is not messing around on this issue, not even one little bit. Why? Because ESPN & TNT called Adam Silver and said: WTF? We're paying you billions and now you're going to have stars like Beal and Kyrie missing nationally televised games? That's not what we signed up for. FOH.

Comment

• Wiggins jumping on board not too surprising, we'll see what Kyrie does. Probably most likely player to march to the beat of his own drum, right there. League is wide open again if Brooklyn doesn't have their shit together this year (again).
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Money talks. Kyrie will get vaccinated and play. Just like Wiggins did. Not sure about Isaac as he only really would miss at most 5 games (potentially 4 in NY/Brooklyn, and then the one in Golden State).

Comment

Working...
                                X