Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Wiggins jumping on board not too surprising, we'll see what Kyrie does. Probably most likely player to march to the beat of his own drum, right there. League is wide open again if Brooklyn doesn't have their shit together this year (again).
    Nets don't really need Kyrie to win it all, IMO. And they appear deep enough this year to have other guys carry the regular season load for KD/Harden to be healthy come playoff time.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Money talks. Kyrie will get vaccinated and play. Just like Wiggins did. Not sure about Isaac as he only really would miss at most 5 games (potentially 4 in NY/Brooklyn, and then the one in Golden State).
      Isaac would be able to play in GS and Brooklyn, he wouldn't if he was a player of the home team. Where it gets tricky is if comes in contact with a potential COVID exposure, he has to quarantine for longer. Even if he's super conservative with his day to day actions this could still be an issue is if there is a break through case on the team, and he is exposed, and being in Florida that is not out of the question.

From my understanding the only players that were an issue for practicing or playing in home games were home team players in NY and San Fran. The visiting team's unvaccinated players could play, but with more protocol (flying and travelling with masks and potentially in different vehicles, different quarantine rules, different freedoms when on the road, increased testing etc)

So a player like Beal, and Isaac could have multiple games missed because of protocol, but a player like Kyrie would be missing every home game and practice if he decided to stay unvaccinated, plus potentially a few away games for protocol reasons. Which would be a nightmare for many reasons.

Comment

• Nurse: Scottie I need you give me lots of minutes.
        Barnes: How many minutes you want?!
        Nurse:Yes

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nets don't really need Kyrie to win it all, IMO. And they appear deep enough this year to have other guys carry the regular season load for KD/Harden to be healthy come playoff time.
          Ha, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than all of the nets best players surviving all the playoffs healthy.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Nurse: Scottie I need you give me lots of minutes.
            Barnes: How many minutes you want?!
            Nurse:Yes

Injuries piling up before the season begins, too bad. I guess the starting spot goes to Barnes by default, at least thats something to be excited about.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I'm not going to argue with you but you don't have enough evidence to make your second statement (which is false in any case as adverse reactions including deaths have resulted from taking the various vaccines) and suggesting that a professional athlete is at the same risk from COVID as a 90-year old is absurd and you know that.
              One slight problem with this theory:
              Yes, an infected professional athlete (lets say unvaccinated) may have a better chance of survival (some variants might disagree with this) than a 90 yo (vaccinated or not),
              However: an unvaccinated professional athlete is MORE LIKELY to get & SPREAD covid than a vaccinated 90 YO.
              In essence, by getting vaccinated that young, healthy athlete is not only protecting himself but his (and others) 90 YO grandmother.
              Personal example: Few weeks ago I was at a BD party where most adults were vaccinated. We found out 4 days later that my friend's daughter, in early 40s was positive (even though 2x vaxxed). We all had to be tested & ALL came back negative (including ladies husband whom she shared bed with).
              In summary: Vaccination helps reduce getting infected but does not eliminate it.
              To go back to our professional athlete: By not getting vaccinated, his risk of getting very sick are low (ask yourself if its worth it though), but he can still spread it to others which depending on age & healthy could be (unnecessarily) very dangerous.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Well to be fair if you have been infected AND you get a booster shot that combination has shown good efficacy compared to two shots of the vaccine. So there is still an argument for him to get A single shot.
                One can actually get tested for antibody levels (in Canada labs/OHIP do not pay for it). How accurate is it? I don't know. Would it even be accepted? Not sure.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

One slight problem with this theory:
                  Yes, an infected professional athlete (lets say unvaccinated) may have a better chance of survival (some variants might disagree with this) than a 90 yo (vaccinated or not),
                  However: an unvaccinated professional athlete is MORE LIKELY to get & SPREAD covid than a vaccinated 90 YO.
                  In essence, by getting vaccinated that young, healthy athlete is not only protecting himself but his (and others) 90 YO grandmother.
                  Personal example: Few weeks ago I was at a BD party where most adults were vaccinated. We found out 4 days later that my friend's daughter, in early 40s was positive (even though 2x vaxxed). We all had to be tested & ALL came back negative (including ladies husband whom she shared bed with).
                  In summary: Vaccination helps reduce getting infected but does not eliminate it.
                  To go back to our professional athlete: By not getting vaccinated, his risk of getting very sick are low (ask yourself if its worth it though), but he can still spread it to others which depending on age & healthy could be (unnecessarily) very dangerous.
                  How can you say it reduces your chances of infection when your friends's daughter herself got infected despite being fully vaxxed.
                  Plenty of factors in play, other than the vaxx itself

You might want to check out what these Pfizer scientists think about their vaccines

https://youtu.be/On5RYFbcxWY
                  Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Oct 5, 2021, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Gameday. I just know I am going to be ridiculously disappointed in the Raptors performance whatever it is. I am so hyped up my expectations are that they completely destroy Philly, forcing the franchise to shut down and be dismantled. I doubt if that will actually happen though.

Realistically I just hope we see 15 - 20 minutes of Scottie, I hope Precious shows well, and we see some good Goran and OG.
                    Well it couldn't have gone much better. Basically, they completely destroyed Philly and I don't think Embid would have made much difference.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

How can you say it reduces your chances of infection when your friends's daughter herself got infected despite being fully vaxxed.

You might want to check out what these Pfizer scientists think about their vaccines

Something reducing the chances of something does not mean reducing it to zero.

By all accounts it appears your chances of getting infected go down by about a factor of 8 if you are vaccinated, and your chances of getting seriously ill (which is the whole thing we want to avoid) go down by much larger factors than that.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I will start with a TLDR. -> the vaccine helps to reduce death, and works. Doesn't mean you can't test positive but it reduces death and hospitalization levels. The video you posted has a lot of misinformation and has been heavily edited and there is a lot of pieces that are in there that are taken out of context.

...Few things. First of all this is exactly what I posted. You listened to one part of what he said and extrapolated. They also spliced together things from a ton of other people to make it look sensationalized

Antibodies by your B cells get activated by your t cells and end up producing antibodies and those evolve through a process known as somatic hypermutation. Again though with the vaccine you boost that because every time you are infected and even after that the cells (b cells) evolve and get better and better and more specific. The point of the vaccine is to initiate this process before you actually have to risk getting infected by being specific towards the spike protein that is used to enter the cells via the ace2 receptor... not going to turn this into a damn lecture here.

Long story short. The vaccine helps by reducing the severity of infection because you already have an increased affinity for the real viruses spike protein when you do face an infection which means you lower the chance of it multiplying and giving you really bad problems.

I am keeping things light but yes. What the scientist is saying is if you specifically have been infected already you have initiated what the vaccine would have initiated. But again, the data shows that if you take the vaccine as even a booster assuming one has been infected you have VERY strong immunity.

Monoclonal antibody that he mentioned is 1 more expensive and 2 has a lot more chemicals and is 3 time intensive to develop in the lab for each individual person.

Even for the OG virus with pfizer being 95% efficacious... that isn't 100% so yes you can get break through infection. Breakthrough infection is rare though for those who are infected.

Project Veritas is a conspiracy website.

Comment

• Pretty fascinating how many of you thought vaccines were 100% at preventing infections before Covid. In reality the Covid vaccines were some of the most effective vaccines EVER.

The flu vaccine only stops infection 40-60% of the time. That's is typical for vaccines. The Covid vaccines being over 90% initially is insanely effective. They are still more effective against Delta than the flu vaccine is against the flu.

Vaccines reduce infection rates, but their real purpose is boost your immunity so if you do get infected you won't be hospitalized or die. That's why the elderly get the flu vaccine every year. Not so they won't get the flu, so they won't get very sick and die if they do. That is how vaccines work.

Would be great if these armchair experts took 5 minutes to educate themselves on vaccines. Then they'd realize what they think is an argument against the Covid vaccines (it's not 100% effective at preventing infection) is actually an argument in favor of the Covid vaccines since their ability to block infections is much higher than all the vaccines we've been getting our entire lives.

Comment

• Vaccines also lessen the effect on mutations. But we are too preoccupied on getting vaccinated at home. Only 2.3% of low-income countries are even partially vaccinated. Covid is a world-wide problem. Have to figure out how to help the rest of the world here.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Vaccines also lessen the effect on mutations. But we are too preoccupied on getting vaccinated at home. Only 2.3% of low-income countries are even partially vaccinated. Covid is a world-wide problem. Have to figure out how to help the rest of the world here.
                              USA could release the patent and let other countries make them too, but capitalism so not gonna happen. Profit over everything all the time no matter what.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Pretty fascinating how many of you thought vaccines were 100% at preventing infections before Covid. In reality the Covid vaccines were some of the most effective vaccines EVER.

The flu vaccine only stops infection 40-60% of the time. That's is typical for vaccines. The Covid vaccines being over 90% initially is insanely effective. They are still more effective against Delta than the flu vaccine is against the flu.
                                The funny thing is the government/media went on and on about the efficacy rate of each particular vaccine, it shouldn't be a surprise that it's not 100%, they never sold it that way. It's helping relieve the pressure off of our hospital systems (in turn less deaths, and serious illness), which was the whole intent of lockdowns and safety measures. Flattening the curve is still fundamentally what the intent is. Anyone who doesn't think it's working isn't paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X