Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

I agree, he should send Garnett and Pierce a nice Christmas gift every year because he has been riding the Celtics success for years. He pretty much send Simmons out with his comment after their playoff breakdown last year. Is Simmons too sensitive? Maybe, don't really know the inner workings of what happened. But Doc did himself no favors and you can tell he knows by the way he fields questions about it. Buckle up Doc, it's going to be a long year in Philly. Just the way I like it.
    I couldn't believe how Doc threw him under the bus post-game after their elimination. Then basically denied having done so since. He and Embiid have talked shit about Simmons in front of the cameras. They don't think they're the bad guys, but they definitely have blood on their hands.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

any one who thought it was 100% hasn't actually read any sort of clinical trial data at all. I personally was impressed that they even got any vaccine to 70% let alone the two mrna ones to +90%....

We are literally seeing yet not appreciating a huge advancement of science.
      LOL, what? Good god. The polio, smallpox and MMR vaccines are all almost 100% effective. The flu shots are only less effective because they don't guard against all flu strains and their unreliability has been a huge issue and a reason lots of people don't get them. Based on the very limited evidence these COVID shots are not anywhere near the most 'effective vaccines ever'. It's impressive they got them out this fast for sure but what the hell are you guys smoking?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

LOL, what? Good god. The polio, smallpox and MMR vaccines are all almost 100% effective. The flu shots are only less effective because they don't guard against all flu strains and their unreliability has been a huge issue and a reason lots of people don't get them. Based on the very limited evidence these COVID shots are not anywhere near the most 'effective vaccines ever'. It's impressive they got them out this fast for sure but what the hell are you guys smoking?
        I am just telling you that going in that is what I was expecting. This is a different type of virus than measels. Transmission is also very very different. So with the speed that they got them out and the fact that it was new technology YES I was very surprised. If that is something to laugh at so be it.

Comment

Well they don't give polio or smallpox vaccines anymore so kinda pointless to bring those up unless you're over 100 years old. MMR single dose is only 78% effective against mumps, two dose gets it up to 88% (range 32% to 95%), so still lower than the mRNA vaccines against non-delta covid. If measles, mumps, and rubella were still actively mutating those vaccines would be becoming less effective too.

Comment

• I love how once the season starts this is going to shift into pure basketball

Comment

I love how once the season starts this is going to shift into pure basketball
              Fingers crossed

Comment

• Spurs got a lot of criticism when they took this guy 12th overall.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Spurs got a lot of criticism when they took this guy 12th overall.

Nurse will be seeing more of him. Hopefully the kid comes out and makes a commitment to the national team. I guess he will be playing for the 19 and under team for another year.

Comment

• So the rockets just traded and waived Sekou Doumboya 6ft8-9 20 year old with almost 7ft wingspan... Masai & Bobby must be thinking.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      So the rockets just traded and waived Sekou Doumboya 6ft8-9 20 year old with almost 7ft wingspan... Masai & Bobby must be thinking.
                      no room at the inn

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Nurse will be seeing more of him. Hopefully the kid comes out and makes a commitment to the national team. I guess he will be playing for the 19 and under team for another year.
                        I know nurse met with a bunch of Canadians at Vegas Summer League about Team Canada. Do you think Josh gets the nod? He was lookking for a 3 year commitment. Right now I feel like for Team Canada we have solid guard depth at full strength. We need a big dude.

Comment

no room at the inn
                          Sign him to the 905 development program, he would be picked up in no time.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Sign him to the 905 development program, he would be picked up in no time.
                            thats fair

Comment

People not getting the flu shots because of their unreliability is a failure of those people (or, I guess, marketing), not the vaccines. It's been shown that if a large enough portion of the population takes even a low efficacy vaccine, the spread factor can be crushed and even people for whom the vaccine is not as effective are protected through suppressed spread.

The flu shots are only less effective because influenza type viruses (like COVID) are inherently rapidly mutating and that is part of why the COVID vaccine success is so impressive even in the face of the many variants we are already seeing. In the context of an influenza vaccine, these mRNA vaccines really are pretty groundbreaking in their efficacy.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Spurs got a lot of criticism when they took this guy 12th overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X