Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Assuming good health, I have the Raptors at 45-37, around 4 to 7 in competitive East. This team is not much worse than the 60 win pace from 2 years ago, you're essentially swapping Lowry and Powell for Dragic and Trent (down a few wins there), Gasol/Ibaka for Birch/Achiuwa (down a few wins there), and then swapping end of bench guys Mccaw, Hollis Jefferson and Terrence Davis for Scottie Barnes, Flynn and Chris Boucher. Up a win or 2 there.

All in all, people are thinking WAY too hard about last year, which could honestly be crumpled up and tossed in the trash for evidence of who this team is. Even if you average last teams disaster situation (30 wins) and the year before more normal setting (60 wins), You end up back at 45 wins.
    They were slightly over .500 before covid took them down and then they tanked the rest of the season. And this years team is overall better than last year. Lowry loss is huge but we managed without him before. I could see this team not make playoffs though because a lot of new faces and i don't know how that will affect the defense.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Assuming good health, I have the Raptors at 45-37, around 4 to 7 in competitive East. This team is not much worse than the 60 win pace from 2 years ago, you're essentially swapping Lowry and Powell for Dragic and Trent (down a few wins there), Gasol/Ibaka for Birch/Achiuwa (down a few wins there), and then swapping end of bench guys Mccaw, Hollis Jefferson and Terrence Davis for Scottie Barnes, Flynn and Chris Boucher. Up a win or 2 there.

All in all, people are thinking WAY too hard about last year, which could honestly be crumpled up and tossed in the trash for evidence of who this team is. Even if you average last teams disaster situation (30 wins) and the year before more normal setting (60 wins), You end up back at 45 wins.
      Agree 100% with this. And if one or two rooks catch on quickly the win column could go up.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        ...I could see this team not make playoffs though because a lot of new faces and i don't know how that will affect the defense.
        Mitigating that are the number of new faces with high Bball IQ. It's kind of unreal how savvy most of these guys are.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

How can you say it reduces your chances of infection when your friends's daughter herself got infected despite being fully vaxxed.
          Plenty of factors in play, other than the vaxx itself

You might want to check out what these Pfizer scientists think about their vaccines

https://youtu.be/On5RYFbcxWY
          It clearly states REDUCES chances of infection. I never said "eliminates". Neither does Pfizer. My friend's daughter (T) got it from an elderly vaccinated patient (who incidentally got it from un vaccinated grand son).
          In summary: Out of some 20 people at party (all but 3 minors under 12 2x vaccinated) -Nobody got infected by T.
          What do you think odds are that if all the people were not vaccinated? How many would have been infected?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Mitigating that are the number of new faces with high Bball IQ. It's kind of unreal how savvy most of these guys are.
            You swap out some of the meh bench pieces from last year for solid young raw but overall better players with better IQ and potential and that should overcome a lot of what you miss out in Lowry. Because the drop off then Lowry was off the floor was massive. Now the Drop off from starter to bench is less. You replaced guys like Stanley with Barnes and give him Stanley's minutes and then some and you will see significant improvements. Obviously Barnes will get more than just those minutes but I think the point has been made.

Comment

• So Simmons is back in Philly now? HA! That should be interesting.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                So Simmons is back in Philly now? HA! That should be interesting.

Comment

• For some reason this Simmons situation reminds me of Homer's, "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in everyday and do it really half-assed. That's the American way!"

Can you imagine how tense things are going to be in that locker room, especially if they start losing?

Comment

• Nets just 'banned' Irving from the team until he gets the COVID vaxx.

Comment

Nets just 'banned' Irving from the team until he gets the COVID vaxx.
                      Kyrie is just a magnet for drama wherever he goes.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Kyrie is just a magnet for drama wherever he goes.
                        I would say this is qualitatively different than his usual bullshit cause this is going on all over the place. For example, at my one kids' school, a huge battle is going on over kids being required to get it at some point and there are a whole bunch of kids at the school who have zero vaccines and ain't getting this one (and it is 99% wealthy lefties who typically run everything at the place). We just lost one of our top performers over our company mandate. There is a lot more of this going on than is being reported.

Comment

I would say this is qualitatively different than his usual bullshit cause this is going on all over the place. For example, at my one kids' school, a huge battle is going on over kids being required to get it at some point and there are a whole bunch of kids at the school who have zero vaccines and ain't getting this one (and it is 99% wealthy lefties who typically run everything at the place). We just lost one of our top performers over our company mandate. There is a lot more of this going on than is being reported.
                          To be fair, there are a lot of people dumb enough to also participate in his usual bullshit, it's just less public, and obviously has fewer implications for, like, public health.

People being dumb is nothing new.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• When we're all dead from swollen ball syndrome due to the covid vaccine Kyrie will be the last one laughing.

I feel like at this point he wants to get it but he's painted himself into a corner as this anti-vax hero and doesn't want to lose face with his anti-vax fans.

Pick your vaccine conspiracy theory and none of them would convince me to forgo $34M.

It's got a microchip from Bill Gates? Cool, so does my phone and computer, I'll take the money.

It will make me sterile? I already had 1 kid post vaccine, for $34M I'm good adopting another one.

It's going to kill me? I've seen enough post-apocalyptic movies and shows to know that if half the world population dies we're all screwed, I'll go out rich and in style, gimme the money.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

To be fair, there are a lot of people dumb enough to also participate in his usual bullshit, it's just less public, and obviously has fewer implications for, like, public health.

People being dumb is nothing new.
                              We can't all be as smart as you think you are Dan....

Comment

We can't all be as smart as you think you are Dan....
                                Heck, even I can't be nearly THAT smart, but the bar is much, much lower than that here.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X