Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Lol.
    You just guessed that number (99%) and stuck with to drive it home. So subtle.

Potential reasons for that 'consensus'?
    1. Covid fatigue which leads to them just bite the bullet
    2. Ego. They wont accept that they erred
    3. Sadly, prevalent medical practice is mostly band aid solution.
    It wasn't meant to be subtle or not subtle - simply the number that best represented what I have seen. It doesn't help that every "doctor" I have seen who says the vacine isn't safe turns out to be a chiropractor, a veterinarian, retired, or selling something. For instance, if my family doctor told me the vacine was a bad idea, it would hold more weight.

What you have stated could be the reasons, or they could actually be following what they think is best. If you can be open to the idea that it's not safe, you also should be open to at least the idea that it could be. But like I said, those who did not or will not may be right - I have no crystal ball.
    it makes things even more complicated when each person has thier own risk factors. A single person who works from home and has groceries delivered and barely sees anyone has a completely different decision and calculation vs a family of 6 with tons of contact outside the house. Throw in age, health levels, and gets even more complex.

"Jeff" lives alone, is 25, barely goes out, and works from home. His parents live 2000 miles away.
    His chances of getting covid very low, his chances of dying from it low as well. A decision to take the vacine is tough, he sees the odds of being damaged in some way from the vacine as higher than not taking it.

"tim" lives with his family of 5. He also cares for his parents from time to time, they are 82. He is 49 and has diabetes. His chances of getting covid are much higher, and it does present a risk to him. It also presents a risk to his parents. Maybe his decision is easier.

And that doesn't even factor in the notion of protecting the general community and overloading hospitals. ......causing potentially more unrelated suffering and deaths.
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Thu Oct 14, 2021, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Lol.
      blame Trump for every disaster.
      Trump was pro vaccine from the very start.
      If you sow doubt in the validity of the virus and it's threat and have your citizens questioning the CDC, and their recommendations, that has a direct correlation to the implementation of a vaccine for the same virus. You would have to be an idiot not to recognize that.

Comment

Nope.
        Doctors didn't miss it.
        You're just not reading enough.

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-...uring-pandemic

"Covid is an acute inflammatory process and obesity is a chronic inflammatory process. The interaction between these two is a .. perfect storm for disaster."
        Dr. Fatima Stanford, Harvard Medical School

"Covid is deadlier in people with obesity-
        even if they're young"

https://www.science.org/content/arti...f-theyre-young

'A doctor with Novant Health estimates that at least 9 out of 10 covid patients in the ICU across the state are also obese'

https://www.wistv.com/2021/09/23/obe...ildren-adults/
        Yes, obesity is one of many factors that increase the chances of dying from COVID! And absolutely none of those things you posted are in any way a declaration that it is "game over" for the obese or frankly for anyone with COVID co-morbidities.

Again, even if obesity really was driving COVID outcomes to the degree you erroneously think it is, Canada and the US have very similar obesity rates. So, your theory about death rates makes no sense in that context.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A plea for the Republic and the mods....can we just have a Covid thread somewhere for the non-basketball covid stuff? I keep thinking something is new in Everything 2021-22 Season

Comment

Lol.
            blame Trump for every disaster.
            Trump was pro vaccine from the very start.
            Fuck off

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              A plea for the Republic and the mods....can we just have a Covid thread somewhere for the non-basketball covid stuff? I keep thinking something is new in Everything 2021-22 Season
              Pretty much like the rest of the world.. "Oh wait, something new? ....Nope, still covid..."
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

A plea for the Republic and the mods....can we just have a Covid thread somewhere for the non-basketball covid stuff? I keep thinking something is new in Everything 2021-22 Season
                Sorry, even though I participated in the derail I can't disagree.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yes, obesity is one of many factors that increase the chances of dying from COVID! And absolutely none of those things you posted are in any way a declaration that it is "game over" for the obese or frankly for anyone with COVID co-morbidities.

Again, even if obesity really was driving COVID outcomes to the degree you erroneously think it is, Canada and the US have very similar obesity rates. So, your theory about death rates makes no sense in that context.
                  Dude, US population is 333 million
                  Canada is only 38 million

I hope that answers your questions.

Comment

• Chaz Deferens wrote: View Post

Fuck off
                    Bro with Chuck Hayes profile pic out of nowhere lol I love it
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

season will start on the 20th not to worry

Comment

Read up. Why do you guys still won't accept that fact? It's common sense, at the very least.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n623

Again you missed my point. I said it has a factor. Physiology is one of those things where yes you will usually have co-morbidities. Part of why Italy and Spain got crushed early on is because of the demographics of their population (older). Not denying that. as you would say COMMON SENSE.

What does that have to do with the validity of the vaccines ability to reduce death and severe illness.

Keeping in mind I even outlined that yes Isaac is partially correct natural immunity is a thing. Hence why the stats show those with natural immunity combined with a booster have shown as high as if not higher efficacy as those with two shot regimens.

Will there be worse things to come ? Yes no question. But don't deny the fact that public messaging on all side of a political spectrum have contributed to this thing lingering beyond where it has needed to.

In terms of Trump. Yeah didn't want to talk about him but he straight up denied the validity of the virus. Meaning people didn't take it serious. Those same people would follow him to the end of the world if necessary. Not saying all people who voted for him are that way but there is not a tiny number of people. we aren't talking n of 1.

I will even talk about the validity of masking data because of the methods used in the study if you really want. That is a fair talking point. I don't want to go down that road.

Back to Trump he could have championed HIS vaccine way more than he did. He honestly could have. He could have championed it and used the age old bully tactics that he used in other instances. He chose not to. Not saying everything is on him. That is to reductionist and lazy. He played his role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and the notion of things that scientifically don't work.

There is a reason why he tends to still occasionally appear on the alex jones show. Unless you take Mr. Jones seriously.

Comment

Dude, US population is 333 million
                          Canada is only 38 million

I hope that answers your questions.
                          he wasn't talking about total numbers but per capita rates unless Dan wants to correct me.

Comment

• Possibly the most inane post ever!!!

Comment

• I know that majority of Canadians are vaccinated. We are united on this issue and now quite frankly I don't give a fuck about anti-vax and skeptics.

Comment

• Still true north, still strong and still free.

Comment

Working...
                                X