No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea maybe we can have covid talk moved to politics thread? Unless it is directly related to the NBA im sick of talking about this shit..

I don't understand the obsession by both sides to argue online like they are somehow going to convince the other side to do what they believe in. All this vilifying online and media shaming those who aren't vaccinated, is not going to get the people who have chosen not to get the shot suddenly get up and go to a clinic.
    The others side sowing doubt in vaccine is not going to get people so suck the shot out of their arms with vacuums. We are where we are, we as a society love to argue online and make situations more stressfull and high stake for the sake of being right or more importantly the "other side" being wrong.

Just live your life, do what is best for you and your family and ignore this B.S. Your lives will be much more peaceful.

Anyways... I think the clippers are going to be an absolute diaster without Kawhi this season
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Still true north, still strong and still free.
      As Meatloaf once sang, one out of three ain't bad.....

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Dude, US population is 333 million
        Canada is only 38 million

I hope that answers your questions.
        Uh... Death rate is per capita. So... no?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Yea maybe we can have covid talk moved to politics thread? Unless it is directly related to the NBA im sick of talking about this shit..

I don't understand the obsession by both sides to argue online like they are somehow going to convince the other side to do what they believe in. All this vilifying online and media shaming those who aren't vaccinated, is not going to get the people who have chosen not to get the shot suddenly get up and go to a clinic.
          The others side sowing doubt in vaccine is not going to get people so suck the shot out of their arms with vacuums. We are where we are, we as a society love to argue online and make situations more stressfull and high stake for the sake of being right or more importantly the "other side" being wrong.

Just live your life, do what is best for you and your family and ignore this B.S. Your lives will be much more peaceful.

Anyways... I think the clippers are going to be an absolute diaster without Kawhi this season
          to be fair it does relate to the season since kyrie himself is a hot topic so I think its fair game.

Comment

Ya. I don't think that team is in the top 6... actually even the top 8. It's Paul George and a bunch of role players in a tough conference.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

to be fair it does relate to the season since kyrie himself is a hot topic so I think its fair game.
              Flat-earth Kyrie had a "big" reveal today (actually nothing we haven't heard before). Am surprised no one has started a thread on his instagram post.

Comment

• He is uncomfortable because of the situation... however life circumstances change.

I don't know what he should or shouldn't be doing but if he wants to play basketball then he needs to follow procedure. No one planned for Rona.

Kyrie also has trouble fulfilling his teams obligations. Taking time off for random personal reasons (partying) and not wanting to play in a pandemic (bubble) because of corona. Ok so if you are afraid to put your body on the line then protect yourself bud. He is all over the place.

He is likely struggling from a mental health standpoint which is understandable but unfortunately he will likely be costing himself money one way or another. He can't give a straight message and when he attempts to do so he comes off as arrogant and confused and all over the place. Whether it be from the flat earth stuff and conspiracy stuff to other things as well.
                Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Oct 14, 2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Anyone have the Presale code for tickets?

Comment

Yea but you guys arn't talking about Kyries availability to his team or him will impact the nets title shot, who will fill the role at PG.,Your talking about death rates, vaccine reliability etc.

Take it to the politics thread. I wanna talk jab steps not jabs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

Ya. I don't think that team is in the top 6... actually even the top 8. It's Paul George and a bunch of role players in a tough conference.
                      Think they are missing the play offs all together. Maybe not even get in the play in game

Comment

Yea but you guys arn't talking about Kyries availability to his team or him will impact the nets title shot, who will fill the role at PG.,Your talking about death rates, vaccine reliability etc.

Take it to the politics thread. I wanna talk jab steps not jabs.
                        100% this. Thanks berta!

Comment

• Chaz Deferens wrote: View Post

Fuck off
                          LOL One helluva first post!

Talk about bball guys. This never goes anywhere good. Any posts not bball related will be removed.

Comment

Again you missed my point. I said it has a factor. Physiology is one of those things where yes you will usually have co-morbidities. Part of why Italy and Spain got crushed early on is because of the demographics of their population (older). Not denying that. as you would say COMMON SENSE.

What does that have to do with the validity of the vaccines ability to reduce death and severe illness.

Keeping in mind I even outlined that yes Isaac is partially correct natural immunity is a thing. Hence why the stats show those with natural immunity combined with a booster have shown as high as if not higher efficacy as those with two shot regimens.

Will there be worse things to come ? Yes no question. But don't deny the fact that public messaging on all side of a political spectrum have contributed to this thing lingering beyond where it has needed to.

In terms of Trump. Yeah didn't want to talk about him but he straight up denied the validity of the virus. Meaning people didn't take it serious. Those same people would follow him to the end of the world if necessary. Not saying all people who voted for him are that way but there is not a tiny number of people. we aren't talking n of 1.

I will even talk about the validity of masking data because of the methods used in the study if you really want. That is a fair talking point. I don't want to go down that road.

Back to Trump he could have championed HIS vaccine way more than he did. He honestly could have. He could have championed it and used the age old bully tactics that he used in other instances. He chose not to. Not saying everything is on him. That is to reductionist and lazy. He played his role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and the notion of things that scientifically don't work.

There is a reason why he tends to still occasionally appear on the alex jones show. Unless you take Mr. Jones seriously.
                            Operation warp speed, are you kidding me?
                            Trump wanted to end the pandemic so bad so he can get reelected.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5806820

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

LOL One helluva first post!

Talk about bball guys. This never goes anywhere good. Any posts not bball related will be removed.
                              I love when "dad" makes an appearance every couple weeks to make sure we're behaving
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Operation warp speed, are you kidding me?
                                Trump wanted to end the pandemic so bad so he can get reelected.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5806820
                                reread what I wrote. I just stated that yet you want to argue that I am saying otherwise.

No one said he didn't wantthe pandemic to end. I merely stated his messaging around it being a hoax and overblown early on in the pandemic made it difficult for him to say take the trump branded vaccine or the trump sponsored.. how ever he could have marketed it.

He chose not to do that he leaned into a lot of notions that questioned the validity of the virus and pandemic. After you had a bunch of ..... people on social media reposting and retweeting things that he would say as confirmation and took that as a call to action.

There were recordings of him outlining that he purposefully lied to the public because he wanted to not cause panic his words. Not mine.

To spell it out for you again for the third time. Media and politicians on both sides are complicit in making this pandemic last longer than it probably needed to. Public messaging, setting expectations, and other important things that weren't done.

Now when people on the "right" side of the political spectrum speak and mention that if it weren't for the vaccine it would have been worse, its now lost in the entire message of things.

Does that make my statements clear enough?

I am going to ask this very one simple question as respectfully as I can. You seem to disagree when I am outlining ways that you are even correct yet you are finding ways to argue. Are you misunderstanding/misrepresenting purposefully to be a contrarian or were you honestly having a moment of not understanding what I was saying?
                                Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Thu Oct 14, 2021, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X