Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post

LOL One helluva first post!

Talk about bball guys. This never goes anywhere good. Any posts not bball related will be removed.
    I am almost done don't worry.

I genuinely want to talk about basketball I have just been responding.

Again I think once the 20th rolls around basketball state of mind will take over.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote:

Where else do you get your per capita figure but from the population number, Dan?
      I know Dan can handle himself, but you seem to be misunderstanding per capita.

So lets use basketball terms to explain to keep messaging on point. Sometimes points per game is not accurate if players are not playing the same number of minutes. It is why the scoring title is wonky becuase please someone correct me if I am wrong but its based on points per game not total points, assuming you played a specific amount of games at a minimum.

OK so now that we have established that. It is like looking at numbers like per 36 or the per possession number Dan mentioned in another thread about OG. It allows for a better representation while removing the parameter or variable of potential shifts in minutes played.

Bringing it back to the comment. Per capital attempts to remove variation in population demographics with regards to size. Hence why it can be used as a more accurate representation. Yes the US is big and vast in terms of diversity and population but when you look at the per capita numbers the statistical point is to try to normalize it so that you aren't paying attention to the differences in population size because it has essentially factored that in.

Again similar to the per 36 value, or per possession value.

Comment

• This team is going to be confusing ofr the first two months because there will be a ton of statistical noise that occurs with Siakam out at first and then back in.

It will be hard to get a read on how good we are. Does anyone know our initial 15 game schedule and know what the key matchups are supposed to be?

Comment

• https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...ng-coronavirus

Comment

• Ha ha. My bad. I forgot I started that thread. I should have been redirecting all this time.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              This team is going to be confusing ofr the first two months because there will be a ton of statistical noise that occurs with Siakam out at first and then back in.

It will be hard to get a read on how good we are. Does anyone know our initial 15 game schedule and know what the key matchups are supposed to be?
              Not that bad of a start. Pretty even distirubtied by good teams, middle of the pack and lottery. 7 on the road, 8 at home. Then following first 15 we take our annual west cost road trip

first 15

Almost guaranteed playoff teams-5
              Celtics x2
              Mavs
              Sixers
              Nets

Bubble teams (should be a good early season gauge of were we stand Since many have us in this range)-5
              Bulls
              Pacers x 2
              Knicks
              Trail Blazers

Garbage bottom feeder teams-5
              Wizards x2
              Magic
              Cavs
              Pistons

I could see us going 9-6 in this stretch without pascal for most of it. Say we get 4/5 of the garbage teams. 2-3 or 3-2 vs middle teams and steal one or 2 vs the top end teams.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Yea but you guys arn't talking about Kyries availability to his team or him will impact the nets title shot, who will fill the role at PG.,Your talking about death rates, vaccine reliability etc.

Take it to the politics thread. I wanna talk jab steps not jabs.
                They have patty mills. I think that this effects them in their standings. I can see them falling to 3rd or 4th in the east because of internal turmoil. This makes them more susceptible to injury. Frankly, there are guys who have sacrificed money to play on the nets and now this situation is happening.

My bad about continuing the conversation and responding to it in this specific thread.

Comment

• I just bumped it but it's not in the Everything Raptors section of the forums so no one will see it. Unfortunately I suspect none of the corona talk will move over there because it's in the badlands of the forums where no one goes.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I just bumped it but it's not in the Everything Raptors section of the forums so no one will see it. Unfortunately I suspect none of the corona talk will move over there because it's in the badlands of the forums where no one goes.
                    do you have league pass btw?

Comment

• Question about league pass, can you watch replay of full Raptors games(and other games) on league pass?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Question about league pass, can you watch replay of full Raptors games(and other games) on league pass?
                        Yea you can watch replays. But raptors game are blackouted all across canada live. as well as anything "National televised" which now included TSN,SN, TNT, ABC and NBAtv. Which adds up to alot of games. I didnt get it last year since the year before i got really fucked by blackouts.. If there was 10 games on a night id be lucky if i had access to 5 of them

Comment

• I had NBA league pass a few years ago, and would just use a VPN service to bypass the blackouts. I'm not sure if it still works, Netflix caught on to it a long time ago.

The benefit of league pass is that you can listen to different broadcasts. The downside is they have lag issues when watching live.

Comment

• Anyone get tickets today?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Yea you can watch replays. But raptors game are blackouted all across canada live. as well as anything "National televised" which now included TSN,SN, TNT, ABC and NBAtv. Which adds up to alot of games. I didnt get it last year since the year before i got really fucked by blackouts.. If there was 10 games on a night id be lucky if i had access to 5 of them
                              So you can't watch live Raptor games? only replays?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

So you can't watch live Raptor games? only replays?
                                correct

Comment

Working...
                                X