Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    When do we play the Sixers?

Re the Pistons I see where Cade Cunningham has not played the preseason ... ankle injury which they were calling a sprain but seems more than.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

There are legit deaths from the vaccine too and it's normal for people to be skeptical.
      You can check the Israel case and more recently Singapore too.

It helps to be open minded..
      check every info and don't be too one sided.
      I'd like to think I am open minded & I like to play with numbers.
      Lets see: There has been how many deaths due to Covid vaccine? Several hundreds at most (arguable, probably less, but lets go with 500).
      With over 1 billion vaccines administered, that's what 1 in 2 mil (prob a lot less)?
      Now my point: The odds of getting struck by say lightning are around 1-750,000. You ever ran from a store to an open area during rain & lightening? Risky, but we all did it numerous times.
      Run to car to close open car window? Again 1:750000.
      And so on.
      But 1 in 2 million is risky & dangerous? Really?
      Not to mention Covid vaccine does cut down on getting infected & dying from virus (current world numbers are around 5 million (A LOT more than several hundred that might have died from vaccine).
      Still don't think its worth getting vaccinated?
      There were some comments earlier that old, fat, diabetic & generally sick people are only ones dying.
      I guess you (or your spouse/partner) don't have an elderly, fat, diabetic relative or friend, so you don't care if they dye? Kind of cruel.
      Besides, over the last several months some variants (at the moment Delta) are affecting a lot more younger & healthier population.
      Is it worth taking a chance (not vaccinating & running around carelessly without mask)?
      Your choice.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        I did see this coming when he got drafted. The way he plays, his height and weight are not a good combination. Its unfortunate.
        Yep. People got really indignant when this was pointed out but it was always a legitimate concern. The NBA hype machine is really powerful, though.

Hopefully they can somehow get it sorted cause he's a pretty exciting player to watch and the league needs guys who do things other than stand around and dribble for 15 second before a three is launched.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's quickly becoming the next Greg Oden.
          With 1 missive difference: Oden never put Zion's numbers even remotely.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

With 1 missive difference: Oden never put Zion's numbers even remotely.
            Oden was broken on arrival. They got a bit of good play out of Zion. Both guys would have been awesome without the injuries. Too big for their own good.

Comment

• I don't think Zion is going to injury bust like Oden. He's closer to Simmons (missed a year, and isn't always healthy) or Davis (perennially hurt). He's never going to be available for 82 games. But he's going to give you 60+ and a hope and prayer that he'll be there for playoff games.

The Pelicans really have a great asset, and I suspect they'll blow it. What they should do is look to move him before he demands out. They can get A LOT for him. Build up the Pelicans bench a bit. Get back some quality players that want to be there. If Zion is destined for NY, I'm sure they could get guys like RJ, Toppin and Quickley with a boat load of picks.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Honestly even that 260-270 I think is a high range given height long term. Most of the guys over 250 in general are true big men (at least in size), centre's and 7 footers. Unless he plans on battling and matching up with centers in the present, or even long term, for extended periods of time, don't really see any reason for him to be far over 250. 250lbs is still quite hefty and combined with his strength, explosiveness, quickness/twitchiness, and every other physical and athletic aspect of his game he'd still have an advantage over most his matchups and still be able to play his style effectively IMO.
                lebron ffluctuates between 250-270ish in a season but lebron is different this guy is build more like charles

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I don't think Zion is going to injury bust like Oden. He's closer to Simmons (missed a year, and isn't always healthy) or Davis (perennially hurt). He's never going to be available for 82 games. But he's going to give you 60+ and a hope and prayer that he'll be there for playoff games.

The Pelicans really have a great asset, and I suspect they'll blow it. What they should do is look to move him before he demands out. They can get A LOT for him. Build up the Pelicans bench a bit. Get back some quality players that want to be there. If Zion is destined for NY, I'm sure they could get guys like RJ, Toppin and Quickley with a boat load of picks.
                  Oden is an over exaggeration but I think he will struggle to be healthy for large portions of his career without load management. You would never be able to play him like we played Vanvleet and Lowry.

Comment

• Best Open Gym ep in years!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Best Open Gym ep in years!

excited to see the summer league stuff

Comment

• speaking of the 2021-22 season, has anyone tried betting the over in wins this year. Vegas set the line at 36.5 and now it looks like they've come down with Scottie Fever. Most of the odds given for teams overs are a bit worse than even but the Raps have the biggest variance (meaning, as I understand it, that they're trying to discourage people from taking the over). The best I've seen for an over is -130. Rocwell, you here?

Comment

• Don't forget to support our mascot's HOF bid. The only thing that made the games bearable during the dark times!
                          https://mascothalloffame.com/

Comment

• Are the Cavs really going to roll out a dual pointguard backcourt paired with the (first?) triple-towers frontcourt???

Comment

• lmao

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                lmao

must be a slow news day

Comment

Working...
                                X