Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't know if Portland can take another year just scraping by to maybe secure a playoffs spot in the last week of the season. I can see Lilliard in a 76'ers uniform by the trade deadline, even though he is saying he wants to stay with the Blazers.
    I don't really like the Portland scenario for the trailblazers. They actually have a superstar player who is committed to play there. I'd trade him for someone who has potential to be Lillards level. Have to try and expand the window for 10 more years instead of maybe the 3-4 they have left with lillard. Simmions is not that, and as much as philly is holding out for that deal i don't think its happening
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't know if Portland can take another year just scraping by to maybe secure a playoffs spot in the last week of the season. I can see Lilliard in a 76'ers uniform by the trade deadline, even though he is saying he wants to stay with the Blazers.
      Portland is in a position where they have a superstar type of player that puts fans in seats, gives a mediocre franchise a lot more media attention that they are worth and Lillard is publicly saying how committed he is to the franchise. I'd say Portland is in a really good spot.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Portland is in a position where they have a superstar type of player that puts fans in seats, gives a mediocre franchise a lot more media attention that they are worth and Lillard is publicly saying how committed he is to the franchise. I'd say Portland is in a really good spot.
        You might be right.

Time will tell.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

They could be in a much better spot, as they're unlikely to win it all in this current iteration. That said, Ben is certainly not the guy to get them there. Better to stand pat in this scenario.

(Thank god we were able to parlay our positive situation into actually winning it all. Rare.)
          Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Oct 20, 2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Westbrook is so inefficient and still unreliable outside of 22 feet. Melo when he is off is horrible. From former franchise players to glorified journeyman hunting for the elusive ring.

only 1 game but that was a fugly performance from both.
            I said it before and I will say it again they will not be good this year. I don't understand why they constructed such an ill fitting team around lebron. They should have gotten hield.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I said it before and I will say it again they will not be good this year. I don't understand why they constructed such an ill fitting team around lebron. They should have gotten hield.
              Because those were the guys Lebron wanted and James has a decent track record in Cleveland and LA of knowing what pieces need to be around him to win. Too many quick judgements being made. Give them 40 games.

Comment

• I agree with slaw though, AD, Rondo and most especially Lebron have the Championship pedigree for the Lakers to remain as favorites to win it all.

Time will tell however if they can neutralize both Westbrook and Melo’s weaknesses.

Just like what those TNT guys said last night….”be ready of those Bengay, they would come very handy when it reaches the 60th game mark” lol

Comment

• The biggest concern I would have if I'm LA is Davis' health. Will he be damaged goods by the playoffs again? His health is their biggest X-factor.

Comment

• So apparently Zion has reached 300 pounds. According to Jake Fischer / Bleacher Report.

That's Oliver Miller territory. Yikes.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      So apparently Zion has reached 300 pounds. According to Jake Fischer / Bleacher Report.

he needs some sort of steak house sponsorship

Comment

• One thing that I noticed so far is that the media is really hyping up tomorrow's Luka vs Trae Young matchup like it's some kind of a rivalry. Maybe i'm missing something but there's no rivalry. Nothing's really changed, just because the Hawks last year made it to the ECF doesn't mean Trae = Luka. Luka is way better, it's not even really close.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          One thing that I noticed so far is that the media is really hyping up tomorrow's Luka vs Trae Young matchup like it's some kind of a rivalry. Maybe i'm missing something but there's no rivalry. Nothing's really changed, just because the Hawks last year made it to the ECF doesn't mean Trae = Luka. Luka is way better, it's not even really close.
                          Its the pick swap. Vince and Jameson would have been hyped this way had it happened these days.

Comment

So apparently Zion has reached 300 pounds. According to Jake Fischer / Bleacher Report.

Wait until they see what RJ does this season.

EDIT: 19/5/2/2 on 6/11 in 47 minutes, +8, got to the line and controlled Tatum defensively for 45 minutes. Efficient, workmanlike 2021 debut.
                            Last edited by slaw; Thu Oct 21, 2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• So... What do you think about the idea of Ben Simmons coming here? I think he's given himself a poor name but that being said, if anyone in the league can fix him its the Raptors. If they rehab his game and image they can probably ship him for a big profit later should he not become more tough minded.

Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey will turn his gaze to Canada once he realizes that he can't trade Ben Simmons for Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal.

Of the teams that have been consistently linked to Simmons since Philadelphia's second-round flameout last season, Toronto stands out as the most intriguing suitor.

The draft compensation involved in any eventual Simmons trade figures to be a difference-making variable, but the Raptors have the base talent to outbid numerous teams (if they choose) when Philadelphia finally reaches the point that it concedes it is no longer tenable to hold out for a star on Lillard's or Beal's level. Rather than pursue a swap centered around Pascal Siakam, it is easier to see Philadelphia trying to push to acquire a rising star capable of replicating Simmons' versatility — namely OG Anunoby — who can be packaged with a playoff-tested veteran ballhandler to give the Sixers' backcourt a needed boost (Goran Dragić).

That’s not to say Toronto would be willing. Simmons' tumultuous first week back with the Sixers hasn’t exactly enhanced his punctured trade value and word is that Masai Ujiri, Morey’s Toronto counterpart, “loves” Anunoby, who is poised to take a major step in the post-Kyle Lowry era given the potential he has already flashed as a defender, playmaker and shooter. Surrendering Anunoby at this pivotal stage of his development might be too painful for the Raptors, even if they are tantalized by the opportunity to relaunch Simmons’ career. I’m just saying Morey will try.
                              https://marcstein.substack.com/p/eig...ss-predictions

Comment

In the end he might end up more like Curry than Shaq. Eddy Curry, that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X