Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It's one game.
      one *practice* out of 82

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Miami beat the Bucks 137-95.

They may be better than I thought.
        I blame PJ Tucker for probably stealing the Bucks playbook right after the trophy ceremony in Milwaukee.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          How is Anthony Davis a top 75 player of all time? who votes for this stuff?
          They are projecting with Anthony Davis, just as they did with Shaq for 50. Shaq had 4 years under his belt when they voted him in. Anthony Davis is borderline in with his stats as is 24 and 10, 8 all-star game (10 was the magic number for media guys), 9 All-League selections and only 28 years old. I don’t know who you put ahead of him.

For guys I’ve watched Paul Pierce is the guy that’s on the cusp. But not sure who I put ahead of him. People are saying Bernard King, I didn’t get to watch him (of seen plenty of footage) but he had a sorter career due to injuries.

Dwight Howard? Maybe… but what great 5 did he play against. Shaq was in his twilight years. Shaq was a million times better than him and they had similar games. Ewing, Hakeem and Robinson, had well rounded games, could hit jumper out to 18ft on the regular (they could easily shoot the 3 in todays game), hit above 70% their free throws and we great defenders. Dwight doesn’t come close to all 4 of those guys. And we are talking too 75 of all time.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

None of the guys are superstars, they will all struggle if in the wrong role. Fred as your primary creator with no primary scorer on the court? Yeah, he'll look bad.

Put him into a nominal PG role, with a primary creating star (which Pascal did a passable imitation of last year), and let him initiate plays, spot up for open looks, attack closeouts and defend the point of attack, and he's very, very good.
            that's a fair and reasonable analysis (still somewhat debatable but reasonable)

but if we can get get Ben simmons, and Fred is required to be shipped out, we don't think twice, no?

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

but if we can get get Ben simmons, and Fred is required to be shipped out, we don't think twice, no?
              Ya I think Fred is the only core player I would want to give up. It would have an affect on the locker room though. I think Fred’s value is not necessary what happens on the court.
              Last edited by saints91; Fri Oct 22, 2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I assumed you picked Option 5 as always

A follow up question then: Do you have any suggestion of a Superstar who would fit the need/ age timeline/ cap flexibility?

But I agree, Simmons is far from that requirement, he could however be a nice complement.
                Hmmm still waiting for this to get answered…

or maybe He only responds to posts that benefits him

It is a fair question Dan, lol

dont allow me to carry this impression of you being self serving

Comment

Hmmm still waiting for this to get answered…

or maybe He only responds to posts that benefits him

It is a fair question Dan, lol

dont allow me to carry this impression of you being self serving
                  LOL dude I just saw your post now. I haven't been on the site since before you posted it. Man alive.

You have to wait for superstars to become available. When one hits the market, you know. Ben Simmons is not that. In the meantime, you try to develop your guys and push them as close to all-star status as you can, so you have a competitive package when someone worth selling the farm for becomes available.

We don't have to sit here and go through the exercise of wondering who might be available next. Does acquiring Ben Simmons instantly make the team a title contender? No? Then pass, unless you can ADD him to the core without depleting it. Whenever someone else hits the market, you ask the same question.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post

I think we do. First off, there's "get Ben Simmons" and then there's "Ben Simmons wants to be here." If Ben is super excited about coming here and essentially playing C, I suspect the Raps can convince themselves to give up Fred to make it happen.

If it's the more likely scenario where you are acquiring Simmons with all his warts, and need to treat him as a PG, and are hoping everything goes OK in the locker room... That's quite a risk. I certainly think twice.

That all leaves aside that Fred's skillset is exactly what a team of huge playmakers needs - real shooting. And he's one of the few shooters in the league who can fit into what we want to do defensively even with his size. You acquire Simmons you are probably going all in on the next couple years, and you need to find shooters ASAP. If that's going to be a problem, and you think the team is limited enough by the shooting to leave them in pretender territory, do you bother with the trade?

It's not as clear cut as you'd hope it would be for a guy with Simmons' accolades. Lot of question marks.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

LOL dude I just saw your post now. I haven't been on the site since before you posted it. Man alive.

You have to wait for superstars to become available. When one hits the market, you know. Ben Simmons is not that. In the meantime, you try to develop your guys and push them as close to all-star status as you can, so you have a competitive package when someone worth selling the farm for becomes available.

We don't have to sit here and go through the exercise of wondering who might be available next. Does acquiring Ben Simmons instantly make the team a title contender? No? Then pass, unless you can ADD him to the core without depleting it. Whenever someone else hits the market, you ask the same question.
                      My bad buddy, thank god you have a life outside of this

You have to wait for superstars to become available. When one hits market, you know then
                      But that is a rarity, no? You only hear superstars available when they ask for a trade. A disgruntled superstar like the Kawhi situation. Unless you meant, via free agency that we get a superstar. That would be difficult then especially Toronto is not the usual free agent destination.

That said, It would be beneficial for this discussion to not go around the bush if you can directly answer the question even hypothetical

Let me ask it again, who would be that superstar?

Comment

My bad buddy, thank god you have a life outside of this

But that is a rarity, no? You only hear superstars available when they ask for a trade. A disgruntled superstar like the Kawhi situation. Unless you meant, via free agency that we get a superstar. That would be difficult then especially Toronto is not the usual free agent destination.

That said, It would be beneficial for this discussion to not go around the bush if you can directly answer the question even hypothetical

Let me ask it again, who would be that superstar?
                        Yes, it is rare. That's why you keep your powder dry for that rare opportunity.

I unfortunately, for all my powers, cannot see into the future, so do not know who that superstar would be that becomes available.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• With the Deandre Ayton extension talks falling apart, do you guys think he's someone worth making a trade for? He reportedly wants a max extension though which Phoenix wasn't willing to offer.

Comment

Yes, it is rare. That's why you keep your powder dry for that rare opportunity.

I unfortunately, for all my powers, cannot see into the future, so do not know who that superstar would be that becomes available.
                            That’s why you and me are stuck to be armchair gms and armchair coaches….it does not mean a savvy GM who is doing his diligence has to be Nostradamus as well.

The question was:

A follow up question then: Do you have any suggestion of a Superstar who would fit the need/ age timeline/ cap flexibility?
                            Guessing you don’t have that imagination and that is fine with me bud lol

Comment

That’s why you and me are stuck to be armchair gms and armchair coaches….it does not mean a savvy GM who is doing his diligence has to be Nostradamus as well.

The question was:

Guessing you don’t have that imagination and that is fine with me bud lol
                              I answered your question! Every superstar! If there is a guy who is a superstar, who becomes available, and is a superstar when he is available, there isn't really a timeline/need/age consideration. You are making the trade to win immediately. The need is a superstar, and you accommodate your team around their needs, not the other way around, and although you'd love to trade for a young superstar, you trade for whichever one is available!

I don't see what is so hard to process there.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I answered your question! Every superstar! If there is a guy who is a superstar, who becomes available, and is a superstar when he is available, there isn't really a timeline/need/age consideration. You are making the trade to win immediately. The need is a superstar, and you accommodate your team around their needs, not the other way around, and although you'd love to trade for a young superstar, you trade for whichever one is available!

I don't see what is so hard to process there.
                                None of the guys are superstars, they will all struggle if in the wrong role. Fred as your primary creator with no primary scorer on the court? Yeah, he'll look bad.

Put him into a nominal PG role, with a primary creating star (which Pascal did a passable imitation of last year), and let him initiate plays, spot up for open looks, attack closeouts and defend the point of attack, and he's very, very good.
                                not all Superstars is Kawhi….the reason I said this is because that’s the only time Van Vleet had sustained success was when Kawhi was here.

so to go back to your initial post and your recent post….there is some disconnect there

Comment

Working...
                                X