Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Philly was so anti-clutch.. and they were all mad at Ben Simmons for passing on a dunk. Rivers is just a terrible coach.
    FIxed it for ya.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ja Morant is so talented, the shots that he is making against the Lakers are eye popping

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Ja Morant is so talented, the shots that he is making against the Lakers are eye popping
        Missed the FT when they needed it most tho
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Missed the FT when they needed it most tho
          Lol…very unlucky.

40 points and 10 assists…

He made some great passes but his teammates cannot make wide open shots….too unselfish.

Ultra-talented and Grizzlies are lucky to have him

But we have Scottie Barnes

Comment

• Well its still incredibly early but the shine and pure giddiness of the new additions and their unlimited potential view is now starting to become a touch more jaded in the cold light of day in the Lowry-less era. Sobering eh ? The questions about the team post draft and FA are still sitting there with bright day glo orange vests on them.

So for national Clint Eastwood Day Here is a 10,000 meter view of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly that are your Toronto Raptors so far this season.

The Good.
            With the 4th pick in the draft we were going to get a bona fide NBA player. Suggs was the chalk pick but our guy Scottie Barnes was the choice and no one is disappointed in this kid. He is already an NBA starter. His shot is coming. His passing is very good. He can rebound on the offensive end and he hustles.

Rebounding is waaaay better on the offensive glass than at least what I thought it was going to be ...but its still value village level on the defensive glass.

Ostensibly our best player is not yet playing.

The Bad
            We still have a bottom quartile half court offense.Its awful. Still work to do. Lots of it. Woof.

There is no one on the roster who we can get the ball to in the deep post that can make a play... let alone a get basket when we need it late in the game in our half court offense..

We are definitely embracing the 7 seconds or less style of play but so far sketchy results. Raps hoist up 90 plus shots a game but we make only 40% of them. We are less than 30% from 3. Style and results are not optimal right now..

The Ugly

Putting on my Claw hat...the truly ugly so far this year is the Dragon. Not that Goran is a bad guy but he is much much older than the core of the team and right now he is a bad fit. So the finger for this is not pointing at Dragic but at Masai and Bobby. Herasy to question Ujiri I understand but none the less its a called strike three at the trade deadline last year when inexplicably they said no to what is now widely believed to to have been better offers. To compound that Plaxico Burress move they then shelved Lowry as the tank started up in earnest.

Early Awards Candidates.

Biggest splash player this year who is not named Scottie Barnes: OG

Most polarizing player Claw division : Freddy

Most polarizing player Non Claw division : Pascal

DPOY: Freddy

Rookie of the Year. Gotta be Barnes eh ?

MVP: OG Anunoby

Go Raps !

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Well its still incredibly early but the shine and pure giddiness of the new additions and their unlimited potential view is now starting to become a touch more jaded in the cold light of day in the Lowry-less era. Sobering eh ? The questions about the team post draft and FA are still sitting there with bright day glo orange vests on them.

So for national Clint Eastwood Day Here is a 10,000 meter view of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly that are your Toronto Raptors so far this season.

The Good.
              With the 4th pick in the draft we were going to get a bona fide NBA player. Suggs was the chalk pick but our guy Scottie Barnes was the choice and no one is disappointed in this kid. He is already an NBA starter. His shot is coming. His passing is very good. He can rebound on the offensive end and he hustles.

Rebounding is waaaay better on the offensive glass than at least what I thought it was going to be ...but its still value village level on the defensive glass.

Ostensibly our best player is not yet playing.

The Bad
              We still have a bottom quartile half court offense.Its awful. Still work to do. Lots of it. Woof.

There is no one on the roster who we can get the ball to in the deep post that can make a play... let alone a get basket when we need it late in the game in our half court offense..

We are definitely embracing the 7 seconds or less style of play but so far sketchy results. Raps hoist up 90 plus shots a game but we make only 40% of them. We are less than 30% from 3. Style and results are not optimal right now..

The Ugly

Putting on my Claw hat...the truly ugly so far this year is the Dragon. Not that Goran is a bad guy but he is much much older than the core of the team and right now he is a bad fit. So the finger for this is not pointing at Dragic but at Masai and Bobby. Herasy to question Ujiri I understand but none the less its a called strike three at the trade deadline last year when inexplicably they said no to what is now widely believed to to have been better offers. To compound that Plaxico Burress move they then shelved Lowry as the tank started up in earnest.

Early Awards Candidates.

Biggest splash player this year who is not named Scottie Barnes: OG

Most polarizing player Claw division : Freddy

Most polarizing player Non Claw division : Pascal

DPOY: Freddy

Rookie of the Year. Gotta be Barnes eh ?

MVP: OG Anunoby

Go Raps !

Lots of shoutouts

I thought you racked up so much bitcoin, found a new family that you just forgot what made you what you are now.

welcome back Nostradamus

Comment

• Knicks making me ear my words about them being pretenders. They're spanking Philly by 25 so far tonight.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Knicks making me ear my words about them being pretenders. They're spanking Philly by 25 so far tonight.
                  You might still be right about the Knicks.
                  Philly could be drek.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

You might still be right about the Knicks.
                    Philly could be drek.
                    LJ2 is correct about the knicks... I just think its early in the season AND I think Philly is going to slowly decend downwards starting this season. They will not be top 5 this year. They will be up and down early on but enough but by december when Ben still isn't playing they will grow more and more frustrated. If he does play he is mentally not there yet so he will struggle to help them.

Ben is not a good fit for our team from a mental standpoint because Nurse calls out players.

Comment

• Jalen Green is incredible. He is going to be Scottie's biggest threat for the ROY award. And i know i said this many times already, the Pistons are going to regret not drafting Green.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Knicks making me ear my words about them being pretenders. They're spanking Philly by 25 so far tonight.
                        Posters on here have this weird, over the top hate for Thibs, but he’s still the best defensive coach in the NBA.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Posters on here have this weird, over the top hate for Thibs, but he’s still the best defensive coach in the NBA.
                          I think alot of people hate a hate for thibs... Mostly from ruining the career of one of the best PGs of our generation by over playing him and then continuing to overplay him after big time knee injuries.
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nah.. don't hate Thibs.
                            Just not as convinced that Julius Randle can take the Knicks beyond Round 1.
                            - TGO

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Jalen Green is incredible. He is going to be Scottie's biggest threat for the ROY award. And i know i said this many times already, the Pistons are going to regret not drafting Green.
                              Cade hasn't even played yet so lets hold off on this. Mobley is a solid contender too

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Jalen Green is incredible. He is going to be Scottie's biggest threat for the ROY award. And i know i said this many times already, the Pistons are going to regret not drafting Green.
                                Yesterday's game was the first time I've watched him play and he was awful. Houston was in it in the 4th but Green shot them out of the game and was invisible on defense. Only one game and and its still early in the season, but that game didn't help his cause for ROY.

Comment

Working...
                                X