Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

That team has had chemistry issues ever since they traded away Isaiah Thomas. Doesn't matter if it was Kyrie, Hayward, Kemba, or now Smart it's been a gigantic failure in Beantown. Ainge screwed things up there big time and exited stage left leaving the mess for someone else to clean up.
    I think something people didn't realize this off season is probably one of the main factors in promoting Brad to the Front office is that Danny lost any type of trust with other players after the Isiah Thomas thing.. The Celtics have not been able to sign any noteable guys since then. Ever major addition has come via trade, add to the fact the Ainge kinda pissed away his trove as assets by over valuing/ not pulling the trigger and he had to go
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Trade boucher for smart???? 😆
      If I was Boston I'd trade Tatum and start over. Ainge blew it man. All those draft picks...womp womp. Masai snuck up behind and won the title, and now they're on the treadmill. Losers.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think something people didn't realize this off season is probably one of the main factors in promoting Brad to the Front office is that Danny lost any type of trust with other players after the Isiah Thomas thing.. The Celtics have not been able to sign any noteable guys since then. Ever major addition has come via trade, add to the fact the Ainge kinda pissed away his trove as assets by over valuing/ not pulling the trigger and he had to go
        Didn't they sign Hayward and Walker after Thomas left?

I mean some of the "Boston has failed" stuff is overblown. They've been to the conference finals 3 times in the last 5 seasons, which is pretty damn good given the Celtics best players are in their early to mid twenties. Yeah, they need to re-work the roster and there are issues but with Tatum and Brown you can solve a lot of problems.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

If I was Boston I'd trade Tatum and start over. Ainge blew it man. All those draft picks...womp womp. Masai snuck up behind and won the title, and now they're on the treadmill. Losers.
          He's 23. You could build 2-3 completely new teams around him and likely still have the time with him as your best player.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Didn't they sign Hayward and Walker after Thomas left?

I mean some of the "Boston has failed" stuff is overblown. They've been to the conference finals 3 times in the last 5 seasons, which is pretty damn good given the Celtics best players are in their early to mid twenties. Yeah, they need to re-work the roster and there are issues but with Tatum and Brown you can solve a lot of problems.
            Hayward signed up to play with isiah... Then they shipped him off before the season started. Kemba i mean sure if that what you want to call a big signing ya. He was the biggest get since the Isiah fiasco.. but then they had to take back a bad contract in Horford to get rid of him.
            I think there is defiantly something to be said for Ainge fucking up his reputation. and they could have very easily had Kawhi.. They had the best package but wouldn't budge.. They were in a much better spot then us yet we got the title.. Now waiting around Brooklyn built a super team and Giannis officially became a superstar. I think they squandered the advantage they had in team building.

Comment

Hayward signed up to play with isiah... Then they shipped him off before the season started. Kemba i mean sure if that what you want to call a big signing ya. He was the biggest get since the Isiah fiasco.. but then they had to take back a bad contract in Horford to get rid of him.
              I think there is defiantly something to be said for Ainge fucking up his reputation. and they could have very easily had Kawhi.. They had the best package but wouldn't budge.. They were in a much better spot then us yet we got the title.. Now waiting around Brooklyn built a super team and Giannis officially became a superstar. I think they squandered the advantage they had in team building.
              Still too early what can happen from now until the deadline and how they would perform in the post season

Both Brown and Tatum are super talented and are playoff performers

But looking back, Ainge may have missed the boat of not getting Kawhi but who knows if Kawhi would have pan out….the load management that Toronto provided Kawhi was quiet significant to their ultimate success.

Comment

Don't disagree that Ainge didn't get the most out of the assets he had.

Though, I wonder how much of it was guys not wanting to be traded there and how much of it was the fact that many of those picks looked great on paper but weren't as appealing when they were real (i.e. the order and available players are known). Curious as to whether we'll look back at the Thunder in a few years and ask why they couldn't capitalize on all the first rounders they had...

Comment

Don't disagree that Ainge didn't get the most out of the assets he had.

Though, I wonder how much of it was guys not wanting to be traded there and how much of it was the fact that many of those picks looked great on paper but weren't as appealing when they were real (i.e. the order and available players are known). Curious as to whether we'll look back at the Thunder in a few years and ask why they couldn't capitalize on all the first rounders they had...
                  Yea i agree. Im not sold on the loading up on pick strategy, unless you have a top shelf scouting unit it really is a crap shoot. Celtics did good getting 2 all star guys but didnt really hit on anyone out of the lottery. Sixers got Embiid and a good defender who can't shoot. Thunder have yet to get a bonafida future star in the last 2 drafts.. While teams like Dallas and Hawks and now us, just have 1 down year get their guy and start building around them and we are pretty much in the same spot at the tankers.
                  I think it just pisses me off that the NBA media sucked Ainge off for all those years and he really wasn't a top level executive, But ya the celtics arn't by any means dead in the water. I just know if Masai and Bobby had been running that team they would have been in a lot better spot

Comment

He's 23. You could build 2-3 completely new teams around him and likely still have the time with him as your best player.
                    Meh, he's an inefficient chucker. There's a ceiling on guys like that. See: Anthony, Carmelo
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Meh, he's an inefficient chucker. There's a ceiling on guys like that. See: Anthony, Carmelo
                      Twitter calls that a hooper these days
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Twitter calls that a hooper these days
                        twitter has some issues.

Comment

Yea i agree. Im not sold on the loading up on pick strategy, unless you have a top shelf scouting unit it really is a crap shoot. Celtics did good getting 2 all star guys but didn't really hit on anyone out of the lottery. Sixers got Embiid and a good defender who can't shoot. Thunder have yet to get a bonafida future star in the last 2 drafts.. While teams like Dallas and Hawks and now us, just have 1 down year get their guy and start building around them and we are pretty much in the same spot at the tankers.
                          I think it just pisses me off that the NBA media sucked Ainge off for all those years and he really wasn't a top level executive, But ya the celtics aren't by any means dead in the water. I just know if Masai and Bobby had been running that team they would have been in a lot better spot
                          It's the strategy Tim W has been wanting us to take for the past 9 years almost.

It is a strategy but I agree actively trying to tank and grab all your assets is risky. You don't build a culture because you never have any vets who are going to stay beyond being salary dumps. By sheer odds you will get one all star but beyond that its not guaranteed. It also doesn't make you good at developing and scouting guys beyond the top 10. Look at us. We have drafted super well while having late first rounders ONLY and the odd second rounder that is also late.

Like why does OKC have so many picks at this point They aren't going to capitalize on all of those picks more than likely . Not at hte right time because they are still going to be accumulating assets. Picks are most useful prior to the draft or at the draft at best. Onces they become actual players more than often their value goes down and if they go up you want to keep those players.

Comment

Indiana Paul geroge is Tatums best comp IMO.. Good player but going to need someone at least as good as him or better to truly contend

Comment

• We got Marcus Smart calling out the stars in Boston, never ending drama in Philly, and the Knicks are waking up this morning realizing they are not as good as they thought they were. On top of that, nobody talking about the Raptors, as usual. When Pascal and Scottie are back, we will be a force to be reckoned with. Good time to be a Raps fan.

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                                We got Marcus Smart calling out the stars in Boston, never ending drama in Philly, and the Knicks are waking up this morning realizing they are not as good as they thought they were. On top of that, nobody talking about the Raptors, as usual. When Pascal and Scottie are back, we will be a force to be reckoned with. Good time to be a Raps fan.
                                Pre-season I put $100 down on us to make the playoffs and $100 on the over for wins of 37. Feeling extremely good about these bets. My homerism doesn't appear to be costing me money this time (I almost always lose when I bet on my teams).

Comment

Working...
                                X