Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Meh, he's an inefficient chucker. There's a ceiling on guys like that. See: Anthony, Carmelo
    Another bullshit hot take…where do you based your opinion from?

Your “boy” vs. your new hot take “chucker”

Code:

Player          From   To   G  GS  FG%  3P%  2P%  FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PTS ORtg DRtg
    Jayson Tatum    2018 2022 296 296 .455 .391 .488 .838 9.4 4.0 1.7 1.0 2.9 29.0  110  107
    Fred VanVleet   2017 2022 291 142 .406 .382 .429 .851 5.4 8.3 2.1 0.6 2.6 22.4  113  109
    Provided by Stathead.com: View Stathead Tool Used
    Generated 11/2/2021.

Code:

Player           PER  TS%  FTr TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG%   WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
    Jayson Tatum    17.8 .566 .256 10.4 13.3  1.7  1.9 10.2 25.3 25.5  .126  1.7  0.3 2.0  9.7
    Fred VanVleet   15.5 .540 .213  6.1 25.3  2.1  1.2 11.1 20.8 20.1  .125  1.1  0.6 1.8  7.3
    Generated 11/2/2021.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Another bullshit hot take…where do you based your opinion from?

Your “boy” vs. your new hot take “chucker”

Code:
      Player From To G GS FG% 3P% 2P% FT% TRB AST STL BLK TOV PTS ORtg DRtg
      Jayson Tatum 2018 2022 296 296 .455 .391 .488 .838 9.4 4.0 1.7 1.0 2.9 29.0 110 107
      Fred VanVleet 2017 2022 291 142 .406 .382 .429 .851 5.4 8.3 2.1 0.6 2.6 22.4 113 109
      Generated 11/2/2021.

Code:
      Player PER TS% FTr TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% WS WS/48 OBPM DBPM BPM VORP
      Jayson Tatum 17.8 .566 .256 10.4 13.3 1.7 1.9 10.2 25.3 25.5 .126 1.7 0.3 2.0 9.7
      Fred VanVleet 15.5 .540 .213 6.1 25.3 2.1 1.2 11.1 20.8 20.1 .125 1.1 0.6 1.8 7.3
      Generated 11/2/2021.
      Wow, not as much difference as you would expect between a "Superstar" and FVV

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

Wow, not as much difference as you would expect between a "Superstar" and FVV
        If Tatum is the reference and called a chucker, what would you call Van Vleet? My point

Comment

If Tatum is the reference and called a chucker, what would you call Van Vleet? My point
          I wouldn't really call him anything, just surprised at the similar statistics considering how hyped up Tatum is

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post

I wouldn't really call him anything, just surprised at the similar statistics considering how hyped up Tatum is
            Definitely nothing against you…

Just like what slaw said, Tatum is 23 and you could build around him with 2 or 3 complementary players

The poster responded, “Tatum is a chucker” … that being said, so what would that become of Van Vleet then based on the statistical data?

Especially coming from someone who put Van Vleet on such a pedestal that Lowry is an afterthought for him, overreaching close to slandering.

Comment

• primer wrote: View Post

pre-season i put $100 down on us to make the playoffs and $100 on the over for wins of 37. Feeling extremely good about these bets. My homerism doesn't appear to be costing me money this time (i almost always lose when i bet on my teams).
              ez moneyyyy

Comment

Just like what slaw said, Tatum is 23 and you could build around him with 2 or 3 complementary players

The poster responded, “Tatum is a chucker” … that being said, so what would that become of Van Vleet then based on the statistical data?

Especially coming from someone who put Van Vleet on such a pedestal that Lowry is an afterthought for him, overreaching close to slandering.
                They just need to find the right trade partner to trade Smart + for someone else but again their roster is constructed very differently than ours.

Comment

I think part of the issue is people tried to hype FVV as the next lowry. He is not the next lowry. That is ok though. He has a different game from lowry.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

They just need to find the right trade partner to trade Smart + for someone else but again their roster is constructed very differently than ours.
                    Smart didn’t get the memo…

there is always a hierarchy

Plus new coach and new system

Comment

• add this to the list

"Not to make an excuse or anything, it's just a different basketball," Paul George said. "It doesn't have the same touch or softness as the Spalding ball had. You'll see this year, there's going to be a lot of bad misses."
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Meh, he's an inefficient chucker. There's a ceiling on guys like that. See: Anthony, Carmelo
                        I'd take our inefficient chucker who does other stuff , especially on D , over Melo. Anytime.
                        Let's wait until at least Pascal comes back before we close the book on Fred. He's taking some ill advised shots right now due to lack of players around him that he trusts.

Comment

Smart didn’t get the memo…

there is always a hierarchy

Plus new coach and new system
                          Smart felt like this under brad...

Comment

• Marcus Smart is on a 5 year deal. Good luck moving him. I was playing with the trade machine seeing if we could fleece a desperate Boston and other than Tatum and Brown the Celtics don't have anything of value. Lots of bad contracts though.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Marcus Smart is on a 5 year deal. Good luck moving him. I was playing with the trade machine seeing if we could fleece a desperate Boston and other than Tatum and Brown the Celtics don't have anything of value. Lots of bad contracts though.
                              horford would fit nicely at that starting center spot but there is no way they are giving him up... they have some nice bench pieces but nothing that moves the needle ... unless the idea is you consolidate your assets to boost the bench.. but I like our bench overall.

Comment

If I was Boston I'd trade Tatum and start over. Ainge blew it man. All those draft picks...womp womp. Masai snuck up behind and won the title, and now they're on the treadmill. Losers.
                                Feels a bit like the missed opportunities in Phily as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X