Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      He deserves a better environment and more solid players around him. I am sure he is frustrated where his career is going. He is a character guy on and off the court.

I have no doubt that he can be a trade deadline candidate.

He is owed 33m and 36m after this season
      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Nov 4, 2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I like KAT but I don't think he will be worth what his trade value will dictate. He is amazing offensively but defensively he would be a major downgrade. That is a big concern of mine. At this point we have a great coach who wants to play a certain style. That style has won us a chip. Should we be shifting the entire way we play for someone who may not work.

I could be wrong but I know you seem to be in the trade Siakam camp.... Getting Kat would get you that. KAT offensively would be one of the best offensive players we have ever had. Defensively he would not be great. Siakam is borderline all defense ever year... so is that a good idea in our system?

This was supposed to be @Mr. Claw

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I like KAT but I don't think he will be worth what his trade value will dictate. He is amazing offensively but defensively he would be a major downgrade. That is a big concern of mine. At this point we have a great coach who wants to play a certain style. That style has won us a chip. Should we be shifting the entire way we play for someone who may not work.

I could be wrong but I know you seem to be in the trade Siakam camp.... Getting Kat would get you that. KAT offensively would be one of the best offensive players we have ever had. Defensively he would not be great. Siakam is borderline all defense ever year... so is that a good idea in our system?

IF we ever trade Siakam then KAT or Ayton are the players I want in return. If you flip the pages of the Raptors Reconstruction thread before the deadline and in the offseason….KAT was always my prime candidate. Now reading the Ayton situation, he is another one I wanted.

That being said, I am VERY eager to see the chemistry between Siakam and Barnes. I want Siakam to find his usual dominance when Kawhi was here. The emergence of OG as another consistent secondary scorer would help him a lot as well.

We will find out.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Can't say GTJ was a good defender in Portland, or atleast he didn't get to show it. Could be the same case with KAT. Put him on a team with players who have won and work hard with a coach like Nurse. Could be good for KAT.

Obviously depends what his price tag is.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Can't say GTJ was a good defender in Portland, or atleast he didn't get to show it. Could be the same case with KAT. Put him on a team with players who have won and work hard with a coach like Nurse. Could be good for KAT.

Obviously depends what his price tag is.
              he had been known as one of the better defenders on there team. I think if you look closely he was decent but didn't always know how to utilize his tools. Kat is a different player and habits have been integrated for longer.

Comment

• Honestly also hesitant to ever move all In on KAT. This isn't Kawhi we're talking about, ie a no brainer. You only want him if you're turning him into your #1 scorer, and I'd honestly rather groom Barnes for that role. After that, siakam and OG slide in great as supporting roles, and play all nba defense vs suspect at best defense.

Don't get me wrong if you could get him In a good deal like siakam straight up I think ld do it, but there is no way he goes for that. There will be a bidding war if he leaves the timberpups.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Honestly also hesitant to ever move all In on KAT. This isn't Kawhi we're talking about, ie a no brainer. You only want him if you're turning him into your #1 scorer, and I'd honestly rather groom Barnes for that role. After that, siakam and OG slide in great as supporting roles, and play all nba defense vs suspect at best defense.

Don't get me wrong if you could get him In a good deal like siakam straight up I think ld do it, but there is no way he goes for that. There will be a bidding war if he leaves the timberpups.
                  yes... I think team construction matters and I think our team would be better served staying the course rather than losing siakam +... and they would want to go younger more than likely so they would likely want OG and thats a hell no. Again Siakam and OG with Barnes just watch. those 3 will win together.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

If Tatum is the reference and called a chucker, what would you call Van Vleet? My point
                    What's the difference? Almost 15 mil/yr.

Comment

• KAT claiming he got hacked lol IT WAS THE RUSSIANS

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

What's the difference? Almost 15 mil/yr.
                        Cheaper version…lol

Lately….Van Vleet has developed comfort of the mid range jumpers, hopefully he would rely to them more RATHER than driving the ball under the rim AMONGST TREES and get STUFFED. Him mixing the 15-18 footer Js and his Hail Marys this season would create more consistency in his offense.

Comment

• There goes Kyle’s ankle….

Comment

• See Portland has roared out of the gate at 3 up and 5 down.
                            Wonder if this is the year they finally wave the flag and come to grips that Damien Lillard is not going to win them a championship.
                            A young Allen Iverson couldn't do it and Lillard isn't AI. He is also older at 31.

Norm Powell won't regret the amount and term of his newly signed FA deal... but he might regret winding up on a rebuild for the rest of his stint in Portland.
                            #freenorm
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              See Portland has roared out of the gate at 3 up and 5 down.
                              Wonder if this is the year they finally wave the flag and come to grips that Damien Lillard is not going to win them a championship.
                              A young Allen Iverson couldn't do it and Lillard isn't AI. He is also older at 31.

Norm Powell won't regret the amount and term of his newly signed FA deal... but he might regret winding up on a rebuild for the rest of his stint in Portland.
                              #freenorm
                              at least he has a ring

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                See Portland has roared out of the gate at 3 up and 5 down.

#freenorm
                                He will never publicly admit it but he can't win they need to seriously look at rebuilding or consider trading cj for someone. Again the obvious trade that makes sense is cj for simmons...

Comment

Working...
                                X