Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

our chance to make up ground
    I think the Cavs actually get better with that injury. Sexton is a bit overrated.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      - Jaylen Brown out for at least a week or two with a hamstring strain

- Joel Embiid has tested positive for COVID-19
      The two teams we face next.. that Philly game has to be a win. Although I see Drummond putting up 20/20 for some reason.

Comment

- Joel Embiid has tested positive for COVID-19
        That's it no excuses, I want to see both wins out of this & if not we tank for Duren.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think the Cavs actually get better with that injury. Sexton is a bit overrated.
          im pissed because my friend picked ricky up in fantasy. I agree with you but he was a good nba level body that could play

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Should a second overall pick be considered for MIP? He's supposed to be really good, right?
            I don't make the rules here.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

- *fully vaccinated* Joel Embiid has tested positive for COVID-19
              Fixed it for you.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                I know the season is only 3 weeks old but the MIP race is really over. Ja Morant is MIP.
                He likely won't win the award, but Cole Anthony has been pretty impressive, so far.

Comment

• Steph Curry is flat out incredible. Incredible. There's nobody else like him. Trae Young can try and copy Steph's game but it's just not the same. This game is the perfect example lol.

Steph is the MVP right now. Warriors right now are the best team in the West and oh they're going to get back the best 2 guard in the NBA in a couple of months.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Steph Curry is flat out incredible. Incredible. There's nobody else like him. Trae Young can try and copy Steph's game but it's just not the same. This game is the perfect example lol.

Steph is the MVP right now. Warriors right now are the best team in the West and oh they're going to get back the best 2 guard in the NBA in a couple of months.
                    they are coming out of the west

Comment

• Watching Steph Curry vs Trae Young was like watching Kobe vs DeRozan. Lol.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Should a second overall pick be considered for MIP? He's supposed to be really good, right?
                        no, a second overall pick in his third year who also won rookie of the year should never win MIP.

aside from that, no one's taken a bigger leap than miles bridges. he's the MIP at this point.

Comment

Steph Curry is flat out incredible. Incredible. There's nobody else like him. Trae Young can try and copy Steph's game but it's just not the same. This game is the perfect example lol.
                          curry's my favorite player ever, but i also really enjoy watching trae young (especially now with less foul-baiting). aside from a predilection for long shots and extreme swag i don't think their games are very similar at all.

curry does all his damage off the ball, looks for his 3 first (like 60 to 65% of his FGA's are 3's since kerr got there) and attacks the basket mostly off back-cuts when teams overplay his jumpshot.

trae does all his damage with the ball in his hands, attacks the basket first and takes way less 3's (30 to 35% of his FGA's the last two years).

young is also a better passer, despite what a phenomenal passer curry is. curry is obviously the way better shooter, and also much better defender.

it's a pretty lazy comparison that has followed young around since college (when he was still taking logo shots before it was fashionable for anyone in the nba aside from curry, which was extra preposterous considering how much closer the college line is).
                          Last edited by chris; Tue Nov 9, 2021, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He likely won't win the award, but Cole Anthony has been pretty impressive, so far.
                            his numbers are good but playing beside a small shoot-first gunner like cole anthony is the worst thing in the world for suggs' development, which makes it just about the worst thing for orlando as a team. if i were them i'd start ross or gary harris alongside suggs and have anthony come off the bench as the second coming of patty mills he was meant to be.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

his numbers are good but playing beside a small shoot-first gunner like cole anthony is the worst thing in the world for suggs' development, which makes it just about the worst thing for orlando as a team. if i were them i'd start ross or gary harris alongside suggs and have anthony come off the bench as the second coming of patty mills he was meant to be.
                              Two different thoughts here. I'm referring to the MIP and Cole's made a pretty big leap from last season to this season.

In relation to Suggs, I disagree that playing next to Anthony is the worst thing for his development. I mean Freddy could have been described as a small, shoot first guard, but I don't think it hindered Lowry. It's in Orlando's best interests to get the best out of their two best players when on the floor together. Way too early in their careers to write that pairing off.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

Suggs is leading the Magic in USG at almost 27%, even ahead of Cole Anthony (~25%). That's superstar level usage and the highest USG of any rookie, by far. He's starting and getting all the development reps any rookie could hope for. Suggs just needs to get his shooting straightened out and also develop a few moves to break down defenders off the dribble in the half-court. He's got the physical tools and I expect him to come on strong in the second half of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X