Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

My only issue with Jokic is that he should have turned him around and then decked him. Don't like the cheap shot from behind.
    I agree to a point, but I don't think he even really was thinking about that, he was attacked and he reacted. There's a difference between intentional cheap shot (what Morris did, although lighter) and unintentional blindside. (What jokic did)
    Morris should have paid attention after the cheap shot so thats on him too.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

I got the 3 Jokic brothers vs the entire Heat squad plus the other Morris sister.
      Lol, I see! Let's hope it just dies down or stays on the court without any serious injury.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I agree to a point, but I don't think he even really was thinking about that, he was attacked and he reacted. There's a difference between intentional cheap shot (what Morris did, although lighter) and unintentional blindside. (What jokic did)
        Morris should have paid attention after the cheap shot so thats on him too.
        Yeah, that's pretty much my take... When I read before seeing the footage that he 'hit him from behind' I expected a hit outta nowhere in a scrum. ... Morris gives the MVP a super nasty cheap-shot to the ribs in a blowout and then turns away immediately. That was not a calculated 'Bertuzzi' shot from Jokic... that was pretty close to a reactive hit back, in real time. And that's what Morris is gunning for when he does this shit, as he has his entire career. He's lucky he doesn't have major neck damage. Dude should be ready to protect himself if he's gonna pull bs like that.

This is probably all just practice for the postseason though cause you know that Heat team is gonna be ornery af to play against. Morris is gonna try the same shit and take the opposing star outta the series... and it'll probably work.

(Jokic has already come out and said it was a stupid thing for him to do, and it was... but it was within a split hairs moment decision, not some calculated effort that he was sitting on.)

Comment

• I think the fact this is a big NBA story is hilarious. In the NHL, we call this a mild 1st period scrum in between faceoffs.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Yeah, that's pretty much my take... When I read before seeing the footage that he 'hit him from behind' I expected a hit outta nowhere in a scrum. ... Morris gives the MVP a super nasty cheap-shot to the ribs in a blowout and then turns away immediately. That was not a calculated 'Bertuzzi' shot from Jokic... that was pretty close to a reactive hit back, in real time. And that's what Morris is gunning for when he does this shit, as he has his entire career. He's lucky he doesn't have major neck damage. Dude should be ready to protect himself if he's gonna pull bs like that.

This is probably all just practice for the postseason though cause you know that Heat team is gonna be ornery af to play against. Morris is gonna try the same shit and take the opposing star outta the series... and it'll probably work.

(Jokic has already come out and said it was a stupid thing for him to do, and it was... but it was within a split hairs moment decision, not some calculated effort that he was sitting on.)
            Morris is what hockey calls a rat. A guy whose job it is to get under the skin of the other teams better players with the intent of knocking them off their game. Rats are also smart. They never fight. Never finish what they start. What stops a rat is a good player pushing back. Jokic pushed back. Good thing Morris got life saving surgery on the floor and was up in a minute.

"Hold me back" Morris, is as fake as a 3 dollar bill.

Good for Jokic.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Nov 9, 2021, 04:19 PM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I think the fact this is a big NBA story is hilarious. In the NHL, we call this a mild 1st period scrum in between faceoffs.
              Yeah, next thing ya know, those tissue paper soft Europeans will be wearing visors on the court.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, next thing ya know, those tissue paper soft Europeans will be wearing visors on the court.

Pretty sure Ulf Samuleson put that old wives tale to bed a couple decades ago.
                - TGO

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Two different thoughts here. I'm referring to the MIP and Cole's made a pretty big leap from last season to this season.

In relation to Suggs, I disagree that playing next to Anthony is the worst thing for his development. I mean Freddy could have been described as a small, shoot first guard, but I don't think it hindered Lowry. It's in Orlando's best interests to get the best out of their two best players when on the floor together. Way too early in their careers to write that pairing off.
                  oh i know he's made a big leap and my post was only tangentially related to yours, was just using your post as a springboard to shit on anthony because i haven't enjoyed watching him this season. sorry about that.

golden wrote: View Post

Suggs is leading the Magic in USG at almost 27%, even ahead of Cole Anthony (~25%). That's superstar level usage and the highest USG of any rookie, by far. He's starting and getting all the development reps any rookie could hope for. Suggs just needs to get his shooting straightened out and also develop a few moves to break down defenders off the dribble in the half-court. He's got the physical tools and I expect him to come on strong in the second half of the season.
                  ok maybe that wasn't the most measured or well-researched take because i'm still a little biased towards suggs. eye-test wise it looks like he's shot the shit out of the ball when i've watched them play so those numbers surprise me, but i've only seen them a few times.

Comment

• Comment

• Jerami Grant fell off hard.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        Jerami Grant fell off hard.
                        Great 1 year as a star player. Grand opening, grand closing.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Great 1 year as a star player. Grand opening, grand closing.

he has no one around him. he has actually improved but he shouldn't be a number 1 guy

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            Jerami Grant fell off hard.
                            People hate on Dwayne but guys in that tier just outside of all star would love to play for him. He will give his dudes he believe in the ball and tons of iso opportunity. If your a guy whose in that top 30-60 range on NBA player you'd love to play for him
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• So guess clippers saying kawhi will be back this regular season. For a dude he takes his health as serious as he does its quite surprising. Maybe he sees that window closing
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                So guess clippers saying kawhi will be back this regular season. For a dude he takes his health as serious as he does its quite surprising. Maybe he sees that window closing
                                and in 20 years Leonard probably wants to be remembered for multiple championships instead of being associated with load management.
                                Leonard is going to be 31 at the beginning of next season....on the clock so to speak....
                                Maybe he does see the window closing more quickly than he used to.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X