Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

They've had a surprising start, I'm still waiting for the bottom to fall out on that team. Their 2nd best player is Reggie Jackson.
    Yeah Warriors are similar though.. I mean they basically have the same team as last year right now that couldn't even make the playoffs. And they are 10-1 so far this season.

Comment

• Question, is DeRozan a future hall of famer? he just scored his 18,000 points the other night. He's a 2x all NBA, a 4x all star - likely 5x after this year and he's an olympic gold medalist. And oh, he's still only 31, so he's easily going to finish his career with 20,000+ points.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        Question, is DeRozan a future hall of famer? he just scored his 18,000 points the other night. He's a 2x all NBA, a 4x all star - likely 5x after this year and he's an olympic gold medalist. And oh, he's still only 31, so he's easily going to finish his career with 20,000+ points.
        Needs a ring. Bbref has derozan at 7% and lowry at 86% for one simple shiny reason.

At the very least he needs a signature run to the finals. He has another window now in Chicago the next couple years, it's up to him now.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Needs a ring. Bbref has derozan at 7% and lowry at 86% for one simple shiny reason.

At the very least he needs a signature run to the finals. He has another window now in Chicago the next couple years, it's up to him now.
          Also Kyle is a better player

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah Warriors are similar though.. I mean they basically have the same team as last year right now that couldn't even make the playoffs. And they are 10-1 so far this season.
            it's not the same team at all. iguodala, bjelica, otto porter jr are major rotation pieces that were not on the team last year. gary payton jr is an important player this year that was on a couple of 10 days last year. and jordan poole may as well be a new player for them because he's way better.

i'd be happy if curry won MVP but honestly i thought he was more deserving last year. that team was god-awful, he had to go supernova every single night as the sole focus of every opponents defense and he got them to 39-33. they went 15 and 50 without him the previous season. hard to argue the jokic case but it was equally deserving in my eyes, and way more deserving than embiid's case.

Comment

He has an Olympic gold and a World Cup gold.. that usually means something to the hall people. so 7% is quite low given that he has that on his resume.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Also Kyle is a better player
                Sure, but not when it comes to raw stats and accolades, which tend to be what voters look at. Demar already has 1 more all nba, may get another one this year, and will finish a LOT more points and ppg.

And yet, Kyle is talked about as waaaay more likely to get in currently. Rings vault you up to the next bracket.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

it's not the same team at all. iguodala, bjelica, otto porter jr are major rotation pieces that were not on the team last year. gary payton jr is an important player this year that was on a couple of 10 days last year. and jordan poole may as well be a new player for them because he's way better.

i'd be happy if curry won MVP but honestly i thought he was more deserving last year. that team was god-awful, he had to go supernova every single night as the sole focus of every opponents defense and he got them to 39-33. they went 15 and 50 without him the previous season. hard to argue the jokic case but it was equally deserving in my eyes, and way more deserving than embiid's case.
                  Poole is an early MIP nominee for sure.. but those other three vets are all collectively past their due date. I mean if they are significantly helping this team then that probably tells you more about their competition than anything else. Or maybe Kerr should be the leading COY.

Steph is a rock star. If the Warriors keep this up they'll have to give him another MVP trophy to put on his mantle. But they are beyond what I thought they'd be. I thought perhaps a 6-7-8 seed and that's if Klay could come back to form.

Comment

Poole is an early MIP nominee for sure.. but those other three vets are all collectively past their due date. I mean if they are significantly helping this team then that probably tells you more about their competition than anything else. Or maybe Kerr should be the leading COY.

Steph is a rock star. If the Warriors keep this up they'll have to give him another MVP trophy to put on his mantle. But they are beyond what I thought they'd be. I thought perhaps a 6-7-8 seed and that's if Klay could come back to form.
                    whether past their due date or not, they are intelligent players that thrive in the read and react offense and are also smarter defenders. the warriors want role players that can shoot, move the ball, know how to cut, and where to be on defense... those guys are better at it than oubre, bazemore, wiseman, paschall etc. who were eating up those minutes last year

Comment

• Derozan got exposed tonight….4 for 13 from the field against some great defense by the Warriors team.

Nothing to debate here, just facts….because We have seen this movie before.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                        Derozan got exposed tonight….4 for 13 from the field against some great defense by the Warriors team.

Nothing to debate here, just facts….because We have seen this movie before.

Your obsession knows no bounds. He's played incredibly well all season, his entire team couldn't hit a shot to save their lives. Everyone has bad games. Why so negative all the time?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Your obsession knows no bounds. He's played incredibly well all season, his entire team couldn't hit a shot to save their lives. Everyone has bad games. Why so negative all the time?
                          It seems to be their thing.

I personally don't believe in Derozan either long term but he isn't our problem and isn't on our team. I also think that the bulls lost a ton by losting patrick williams. I don't think they are going to do super well in the playoffs but they aren't a bad team and making game to game reactionary comments sometimes misses out on bigger trends. There are actual trends that are worth observing.

Comment

I'm quite impressed by the Clippers and George. I saw part of one of their games the other day. They play great defense. And George has stepped up on both sides. I thought they'd be a play-in team at best, but I think they get in outright.. even if Kawhi doesn't come back until later in the year.
                            can they keep it up all season though.

Comment

• DeMar "not clutch" DeRozan.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rings vault you up to the next bracket.
                                No argument there

Comment

Working...
                                X