Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    DeMar "not clutch" DeRozan.

Maxey ahead of Embiid lol. Geez, Morey has gotta trade simmons for even a borderline all star. Hell, Hield would be enough given Maxey's improvement. Morey is gonna waste Embiids prime, I mean, this is the year they should be going for it.

Comment

• DeMar putting on a show in LA and I mean putting on a show!
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

DeMar putting on a show in LA and I mean putting on a show!
        Rubbing it in
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Nov 16, 2021, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• I love Demar..but Demar playoffs, is a different story, if it wasn't, he would be a raptor for life, but honestly I'm happy for him, I don't know, always been hard on Demar, I just wanted more, he so talented, I really thought he could been good as Kobe, but yeah...he seems happy, at peace,especially mentally, we all know his got those demons.
          I wish him best of luck, but not against the raptors.
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

DeMar putting on a show in LA and I mean putting on a show!
            Say the bulls win 55-60 game end up in the top 2-3 of the east standings. While demar is a top 3 of scoring where he currently is.. Is there a chance he steals a MVP?
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Say the bulls win 55-60 game end up in the top 2-3 of the east standings. While demar is a top 3 of scoring where he currently is.. Is there a chance he steals a MVP?
              Not if Steph, KD, Giannis or Jokic stay healthy. They're too good at other aspects of basketball besides scoring, but they're also amazing at scoring.

But the fact its even a worthy hot take question, all credit to Demar, who never seems to stop improving.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demar keeps getting better, but he's always been pretty damn great in the regular season. I'm still rather certain the Bulls will flop in the playoffs and lose in round 2. Maybe they turn the corner though.

Gotta give some credit to my man Billy Donovan as well. People talk lots of shit about him but he is killing it so far in Chicago.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Demar keeps getting better, but he's always been pretty damn great in the regular season. I'm still rather certain the Bulls will flop in the playoffs and lose in round 2. Maybe they turn the corner though.

Gotta give some credit to my man Billy Donovan as well. People talk lots of shit about him but he is killing it so far in Chicago.
                  100% agree.

As far as Donovan is concern, maybe his system does best having a Westbrook type player as his primary scorer. Was he the coach when Russ once led the league in triple doubles?

But the playoffs is a totally different beast, we will find out soon. If I am one of the teams play-winner facing them in the first round like for example the Raptors, Nick Nurse would salivate to face them as a fodder first.

Milwaukee would not mind being the other play-in winner facing them right off the bat when the first round series starts (HCA is meaningless to them in the first round).

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The thing about Demar is that he's also durable AF. The dude is hardly ever hurt compared to some of these other guys typically on MVP conversations. The other peculiar thing about him is his rate of improvement (offensively) past age 30. The man now has 263 moves in the midrange/paint he can do in his sleep, plus a clinical footwork studied around the league.

I don't think he'll actually win MVP, but if these other guys on the race happen to miss a lot of games and the Bulls continue to win he actually has a shot.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Demar keeps getting better, but he's always been pretty damn great in the regular season. I'm still rather certain the Bulls will flop in the playoffs and lose in round 2. Maybe they turn the corner though.

Difference for Derozan now is he is paired with an elite perimeter scorer in Lavine and another very good playmaker and sometimes scorer in Ball. In Toronto, him and Kyle never had any perimeter help and their forwards were always terrible. SA never had enough firepower. Now, DD won't need to be the man in playoffs cause Lavine can take a lot of pressure off.

And Donovan is probably the most underrated coach in the league.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Difference for Derozan now is he is paired with an elite perimeter scorer in Lavine and another very good playmaker and sometimes scorer in Ball. In Toronto, him and Kyle never had any perimeter help and their forwards were always terrible. SA never had enough firepower. Now, DD won't need to be the man in playoffs cause Lavine can take a lot of pressure off.

Derozan definitely got better playing for the Spurs. He can basically play point forward now. Still a top tier scorer but added the playmaking to his game.

In Toronto, he was mainly a scorer to the point where if he was struggling, he'd still try to find ways to score like going the free throw line, which backfired in the Playoffs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

But wait... advanced stats guys say that DeRozan makes his teams worse and Lavine makes his teams worse. Put 2 empty stats guys together with another empty stats guy (Vucevic).... none of whom can defend a pylon.... and you should have an un-mitigated disaster, right? Where's DanH to explain this.

Comment

• Steve Kerr noted hater of "middle school defense" box and 1 is running the triangle and 2 vs the nets right now.
                              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Nice win for Team Canada soccer. Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
                                X